“Horrible Customer Service at the Baymont”

Baymont Inn & Suites Asheville/biltmore
Ranked #24 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
chicago, Illinios
“Horrible Customer Service at the Baymont”
Reviewed 4 November 2007

I stayed at the Baymont in Asheville to attend a wedding. I was very much looking forward to my trip as I have heard that Asheville is absolutely beautiful. However, the service at the Baymont was horrible and really put a damper on the weekend. The room was pretty clean for the price and the location was great. However, the man checking us in to the hotel could not be more rude. It because so bad that no one wanted to approach the front desk out of frustration and not wanting to get into a conflict. There is absolutely no reason for rudeness - especially for a hotel that claims to be in the service business. Refusing to give out more than key, refusing to give any directions, refusing to give out the packets that the bride had left us at the front desk, and simply trying to be as difficult as he could really made my stay unpleasant. I will continue to recommend other hotels in the area to friends and will in no way recommend this hotel.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — terrible customer service
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
3 Thank kates1214

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 16 October 2007

I have only stayed at four different hotels in North Carolina so far, but I think this one is a good one for the price. The hotel was very clean and everything smelled fresh. There is a gym with a decent selection of equipment, a large pool and hot tub. They also offer a free breakfast with a good assortment of food. We asked for two non-smoking king adjoining rooms with mini fridge and microwave. We got exactly what we asked for without problems. The staff was friendly and were able to answer any of our questions. The hotel was easy to get in and out of, and is technically within walking distance of Biltmore but I would advise against trying to walk there. There are many restaurants within walking distance. What I appreciate most is that it was quiet, and the room was dark at night. Even the bathroom seemed to be well insulated, even though it was very tiny. I did not rate this as excellent because the pool was over-chlorinated, the breakfast food could have been cooked better, our card keys didn't work at first, and I think (for the price of the room) they can do better than offering a tiny bottle of Breck shampoo and a bar of Pure and Natural soap. I would expect to see better brand name soaps and some lotion offered in other hotels of the same price. I realize that sounds a bit nit-picky, but it is something I pay attention to.

• Liked — It was very clean compared to other hotels I have been to.
  • Disliked — The entrance to the parking lot is very steep. Our rental van kept scraping the bottom.
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank msomnipotent
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 October 2007

My husband and I stayed in this hotel while enroute to Greensboro, NC for a Van Halen concert. This hotel is about 1 block off the interstate and almost directly across from the entrance to the Biltmore Estate. Very convenient. We booked a King room which was adequate for 2 adults. If you have kids or get a double/double, this size room would be crowded.
The breakfast room was very small, but well stocked when we were there. It does have your "hot" breakfast items, but they are microwaveable egg patties, sausage, and biscuits. Not high quality, but serviceable.
There are a few minor problems but they are worth mentioning-the breakfast area trash can could have been emptied more often. Perhaps they are minimizing their carbon footprint by maximizing their garbage bag use? (BTW I mean OVERFLOWING, not just to the top of the can)
Also the small dark bathroom was made darker by the use of a (clean) dark green shower curtain, which made it seem like takin g a shower in the dark. No need for designer curtains here, just use a white/tan one and it would solve the problem.
I did read other reviews on this hotel and Ms. Julie Patel is still listed as the manager, but we had no problems this stay.
Would recommend this as a base only if you are exploring Asheville and the surrounding area. If you want luxury services this is not the hotel for you.

• Liked — Convenient location
  • Disliked — barely adequate bathroom
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tnmedic
Shawnee, Kansas
Reviewed 30 August 2007

We stayed at this hotel August 7 through 10 and were pleased. The staff was very accommodating - we purchased our Biltmore Estate tickets there and got free wine tasting. The breakfast was very adequate although I do wish they would keep serving a little later and had a bigger room. The room is small and often times people were looking for places to sit. The rooms are nice and clean. The location is excellent, very centrally located to everything you want to see. Overall a good experience. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank Kathy M
Atlanta
Reviewed 6 June 2007

This is a perfectly nice hotel if you just need a decent, clean place for the night. I gave it an "above average" rating because I am comparing it to other hotels in the same price range.

I stayed here 6 nights and found the various front desk personel to be pleasant and the rooms clean, nice and plenty big. The hotel is relatively new and has a guest laundry, an indoor pool and a jacuzzi.

The breakfast was basic continental fare but with the unexpected and nice inclusion of Southern biscuits.

The hotel is extremely convenient to downtown Asheville, the Biltmore Village and Estate and Interstate 40.

The only drawback is that there is no business center for guests. If you don't bring your own computer and need one, you are out of luck unless you go to the Kinko's up the road.

All in all, I think it's the very best value for the money (under $100) and I plan to return.

Susan McBrayer
Atlanta

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank SusanAtlanta
durham, nc
Reviewed 29 May 2007

Good hotel overall. Great place for the price you pay, we paid about $100 per night and it was clean, modern and in a good location. We walked to the steakhouse 50 yards down the street for dinner. It took us 3 minutes to drive to the Biltmore.

• Liked — clean
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank webdevmonkey
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 7 April 2007

The hotel was a great value at $71.00 a night. It is also in a great location, close to Biltmore Estate and some fun shops in Biltmore Village plus various restaurants such as TGI Fridays and Texas Roadhouse. Also in Biltmore Village is a Mexican restuarant called La Paz which is very good! It is also convenient to I-40 and not too far from the mall and stores on Tunnel Road. We did find the beds to be too small and not very comfortable. We also had a challenge with our room keys not working and this went on for 3 days. The staff was accomodating but the manager was not as concerned as we felt was required. In addition, the breakfast area is very small in relation to how many floors and rooms are in the hotel. The buffet did have a nice variety of items, however.

The cleaning staff was great and the rooms were impeccably cleaned.

We would recommend booking with a queen or king sized room. Don't stay here otherwise, unless you are by yourself or just two of you. We stayed here with 2 children and the room with 2 double beds was too small!

Stayed April 2007