“This best man enjoyed the suite life!”

SpringHill Suites Asheville
Ranked #40 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“This best man enjoyed the suite life!”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Enjoyed an extremely comfortable suite here this month. Was in town for my buddy's wedding, and as best man I needed a comfortable place to keep an eye on him the day before. This hotel had everything covered and then some. Not only was it as clean as a whistle, but the amenities were jam-packed. Comfortable couch parked right in front of a wall-mounted hi-def TV; mini fridge; work desk (not on this trip!); 2 twin beds with a SECOND hi def TV between them; and ample closet space for both of our luggage and a high enough clothing bar so our hanging tuxes wouldn't touch the suitcases. If you've ever had to handle a tuxedo, you know this is a huge plus.

The pool area is enclosed, family friendly, and secure - as must swipe your room key for admission from inside and patio door. The patio areas are equipped with comfortable chairs, allow a great view of the Carolina woods. As I was visiting from the Texas Summer Heat, the cool Asheville night breeze was especially relaxing while sitting outdoors.

I give this place 10 out of 10. The room was truly a suite, the staff was courteous, the continental breakfast was tasty and extra coffee was provided as requested. The coffee part was especially important after that bachelor party! I highly recommend this hotel if you're looking for a quality place to hang your hat.

Room Tip: They start you off in the room with 2 packets of regular and 2 decaf - but admitted java junkies sho...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank bacardibeats
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
Dear Bacardibeats,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your stay and for the great comments you had. I have shared your review with our staff and they were so excited to hear about the great time you had and for your praise of the hotel, staff and coffee. We strive to ensure that every guest has a pleasant stay and a clean room while they are with us.

Thank you again Bacardibeats and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Asheville.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Hotel was fully booked when we checked in, but service was great. Hotel offers free breakfast, and the hostess was super friendly. Good prices, and great location for families.

Dear cbinbigd,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. We always appreciate hearing from our guests and I am so happy that your enjoyed your stay.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to our area.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We stayed here for one night with my husband and I and our 10 month old twins. We didn't get in until 1 am. THe overnight check in staff was BEYOND great. Checking in at that hour with sleepy infants is daunting but he made the process seamless.

The room is PERFECT for families. THere is a fold out couch, but for us the "Separate" room was perfect for our two pack and plays. The accomodations were VERY nice and I am very picky. The next morning the free breakfast was great. Patricia was the best! She was so great with my kids AND got us Cheerios (When there were seemingly none) AND didn't seem upset about a floor full of them when we left.

PErfect for what we needed it for...would 100% recommend this hotel.

2 Thank ameristralian
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this review, 23 July 2011
Dear Ameristralian,

Thank you so much for the great review you posted. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff took very good care of you and your family. I have passed along your review to our staff and they were so excited to read your comments. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Asheville.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Had to go to Asheville for business and stayed at the SpringHill Suites for a night. Rooms were clean and the stay was comfortable. Had free parking and free WiFi, which is always a plus.

For dinner, I was just a hop and skip away from Carrabbas and enjoyed eating from the comfort of my room.

I'm generally a low-frills person when I travel and don't require much to be satisfied. That said, this hotel had everything that I needed for business travel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Aspiring_Critic
Dear Nirvanacrono,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that the hotel met your needs while here. I know that as a business traveler you have many lodging choices and I appreciate your business. I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Asheville.
South Carolina
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Having only stayed in a Springhill Suites once prior, this one was not as modern as I expected, but still in very good condition. Sold out the 1st night we were there, but no loud hall noise. We were right above the outside deck and about 20 young adults were out there having a good time, but the room fan was enough to drown them out.

Breakfast "lady" was very pleasant.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this review, 14 July 2011
Dear Moderationforme,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay and thank you for the positive review and comments. Our staff takes pride in providing all our guests with a clean room and high quality customer service.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Asheville.
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary trip to see Biltmore. Our room was by the icemaker but it didn't really bother us. The mattress was too soft for our liking but it usually is in hotels.

Now to breakfast: It was a very nice spread with what I thought was a nice variety of items. Patricia the breakfast hostess is a dynamo. She greets all with a great smile and a "good morning" to everyone. I noticed specifically that whe was very attentive to the elderly guests and would get them their breakfast!

I don't know how you got her but you better keep here and give her a raise or a medal or some special recognition.

Oh back to our room 226, the chair at the desk is broken. The TV is in an awkward position but other than that, we recommend!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Largent54,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay and for your great comments about Patricia our Breakfast Host. Patricia is truely an asset to our hotel and has even won two national awards from Marriott for her oustanding service.

Also, thank you bringing the desk chair issue to our attention, we replaced the chair and appreciate you letting us know about it.

Thank you again Largent54 and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Asheville.
Northern VA
Reviewed 19 June 2011

On the tail end of our vacation my wife and I decided to stop in Asheville for the evening so that we could see the Biltmore House nearby the next day. We selected this particular Marriott property because it was newer and relatively close to Biltmore.

Because it is newer, it was a bit harder to find. We were using our GPS, and while it did show the road for this particular hotel it wasn't readily apparent where it was located. The hotel is back on the road, not visible from the street, and among other hotels; the signs on the interstate don't even list the SpringHill Suites as one of the choices on that exit. So simply drive back on the road, and you'll see it nestled back there. It's just up from the Carrabas restaurant, which makes the area smell great with the ongoing Italian cooking.

The hotel is newer. It was easy to park near the front door, and check in was efficient. Being on the middle of the second floor, the elevator was the logical way to move between floors (because the stairwells were at the end of each floor). However, the elevator was *slow*, and I noted several times how crowds would form just to wait for this elevator to arrive. Very frustrating!

The room design was awkward, especially for someone shorter. My wife embarrasingly found that she could not reach the toilet paper roll -- she had to get up to get the paper! Why was it put on the opposite wall from the toilet and not beside it? Not at all well designed.

In addition, the TV is bolted down to the dresser bisecting the bedroom from the sitting room. Obviously it was placed there so that people in either room could enjoy the one TV (rather than have two TVs in the suite), but because it had limited swivel ability it was hard to see from the bedroom. My wife ended up laying with her head at the foot of the bed so she could see the TV at night.

I noticed the next morning that the rooms right beside the elevator (like ours) have a slightly different layout than other rooms down the hall. My recommendation - get a room at the ends of the hallway, and you might avoid the issues we had with our room.

Check out was quick, and they had preprinted driving instructions on how to get from the hotel to the Biltmore House. Recommend you pick up a copy before leaving.

Overall it was a good but average hotel. Our room was perfect for basketball players over 6 feet 2 inches tall that don't watch television.

Room Tip: Don't get a room next to the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this review, 25 June 2011
Dear wolfpack81,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for letting us know about some of the issues you had during your stay. We are always looking for ways to improve our product and service and your feedback provides us the information we need to make that happen. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Asheville.