“Hotel is clean and nice but would not stay here again.”

SpringHill Suites Asheville
Ranked #41 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 January 2012

This was my first time staying in a springhill suites. The room was nice but the layout was bizarre. The bedroom was very small but the suite area was a good size. I felt like it should be the other way around. The A/C unit was right beside the bed and was a little much while we slept. The modern decor was a little strange, it didnt exactly fit in with the Asheville mountain theme. The location was awful, the hotel was hard to see from the road and sat on a blind corner. It shared a driveway with a Hampton inn, courtyard Marriott, and a Carrabas which made the parking and driveway area very tight. The free wifi hardly worked in our room, I didn't get over one bar on my iPad which was very disappointing. I will stay elsewhere when I return to Asheville.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Duck_Commander
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2012

Dear Duck_Commander,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the location, room style/layout and internet service of the hotel. We strive to ensure that every guest has a pleasant stay while they are with us and I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations. Again, please accept my apologies.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

Our family of four stayed in two suites on Christmas Day night. Surprisingly the hotel was pretty full and our connecting/adjoining rooms request could not be honored. The hotel is in a good location within easy driving to many restaurants, shopping and all Asheville has to offer. The breakfast staff was amazing, so friendly and accommodating especially on a holiday week-end when they probably wanted to be home with their families. They made our family feel welcome, thank you! If I had a complaint it would be the beds, they are quite firm and the duvets are not the usual Marriott standard. Having stayed at the Residence Inn two weeks prior this option is a better value.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Travelmom29
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2012

Dear Travelmom29,

Thank you staying with us over the holidays and for posting a review of your stay. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff took very good care of you. Please accept my apologies that we were not able to honor your connecting rooms request during your stay.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Asheville.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

Our first time to stay at this specific chain, however was pleasantly surprised. Every aspect exceeded all expectations, except abstract art & decor. Friendly staff, outstanding breakfast buffet and convenient location for sight-seers. Desk clerk very helpful with directions! Definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear DMW446,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Asheville. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your first stay with SpringHill Suites and that our staff took good care of you. I hope that you will stay with us again and any other SpringHill Suites that may be in your area of travel.

Reviewed 27 December 2011

My boyfriend used his Marriott points to book a free room just before Christmas. The suite was tiny, and I was thankful we were staying only one night. The tub was so small (narrow with sides that sloped inward) that it felt like balancing in a canoe while showering - he's 6'2" and I'm 5'6" - both of us found this to be one of the most uncomfortable showers ever taken. It was literally impossible to stand flat footed in this shower, and we're both average size width. Additionally, there was a tiny vaniety and one sink with barely enough space to hold our personal items. The bed wasn't great, and the couch in the suite area was not comfortable for sitting either. Stay at the Courtyard by Marriott next door as it's much nicer.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2011

Dear MDaughTN,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your stay and particularly the show and bathroom. Please know that all of our bathtubs are standard size tub and fit Marriott specifications. Again, please accept my apologies.

Reviewed 27 December 2011

We stayed here for the Christmas wkend, hotel was perfect, we enjoyed jacuzzi & indoor pool, breakfast had fresh & healthy options, room was spacious & had modern decor, loved it!!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank suMountainLover

Dear suMountainLover,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Asheville.

Reviewed 18 December 2011

My recent stay at the SpringHill Suites in Asheville was a surprise. I expected minimal service and amenities but got much more. The people working there were very customer service oriented. I especially enjoyed one of the staff members who served breakfast. Front desk staff were also very nice. My room was spacious, clean and things were new. I used the very nice exercise room which overlooked a swimming pool. Great equipment. The area around this hotel is pretty commercial with the Asheville Mall across the street. But, downtown is a few minutes away. If you don't care about being in the heart of the city, this is a good choice.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Greenie2480
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2012

Dear Greenie2480,

Thank for your review of your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed y our time with us and I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Asheville.

Reviewed 8 December 2011

I was travelling with my handicapped mother. The whole staff couldn't have been nicer, especially Pat, who is a GEM, in at breakfast. They were kind and considerate and helpful.
The suites were great, roomy, clean, and well equipped.

Room Tip: When stayed half way down the hall, quiter away from the ice machine and elevator.