“Good Place for a Girls Getaway” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Asheville

SpringHill Suites Asheville
Ranked #44 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Good Place for a Girls Getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

A few of us wild and crazy girls decided to have a weekend away from reality and luckily chose Springhill Suites for our stay in Asheville. We were very happy with the size and cleanliness of our room. We chose 2 queen beds with a sleeper sofa. After a long day of touring Biltmore and shopping, it was nice to come to a place that gave us many of the comforts of home. Free WIFI, indoor pool and a great location to go have a great meal and a drink.

Also is in very close proximity to downtown, many eating places and easy to locate from the highway. We were quite happy.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear VJHaughton,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Asheville. I am so happy to hear that you all enjoyed your girls getaway and that our hotel met all your needs. I look forward to seeing you all again on your next trip to Asheville.

John Zellers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the SpringHill Suites Asheville. A very good and convenient choice. We were returning to Nashville, TN from Charleston, SC, and Asheville was a great stop-over point, and the SpringHill Suites the perfect place to stay. Upon our arrival the attendant at the desk noted my Marriott Rewards status and loyalty, and so he upgraded our room choice. Much appreciated! No complaints. We'll definitely stay again at this very comfortable venue.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DrRas42
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear DrRas42,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Asheville. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that our hotel met all your needs. I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Asheville.

Salem, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

This is a good hotel made great because of the continental breakfast server. She is an older woman and her grace and cheery, kind attitude made our day! What a treasure she is. We've never encountered such a hotel worker in all our travels! The breakfast was tasty too. Stay here just to experience the love that woman gives to every guest:)

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Steve72650
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Steve72650,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that Patricia made your stay even better. She is truely a gem and we have many repeat guests that come back just to see her. I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Asheville.

Lafayette, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel various times. It is located at the top of a hill along side other hotels. The hotel is nice and adequate for my needs. Indoor pool and hot tub are great when the time allows to use them. My room was clean and adequate like always.

HOWEVER, one small detail caused this to not be a 5-star review. I am a Platinum Marriott member. I have stayed at this hotel multiple times before. I use the same corporate discount code every time I book, as I have been with the same organization for almost 10 years. I had a very late check-in (3am) due to travel delays, and the older gentleman at the front desk asked me for my verification for my discounted rate. I have not been asked to show that at ANY hotel in over 4 years, thus I had to dig and go out to my car to find the Marriott discount card we use. I provided him proof, but it was just a hassle considering my history with the hotel. Use some common sense, sir!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Todd A
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Todd A,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that our hotel met your needs and that you enjoyed your time with us. I do apologize for the issue with the discount rate. In order to ensure that all discounts are applied properly we do require that the discount ID be provided at check in. Again my apologies for any inconvenience.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Business trip in Asheville provided great location. Close to mall and easy access to interstate. Staff friendly, clean rooms and comfortable. Only one drawback...Internet access was a concern as it seemed to go in and out.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ken C
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Ken C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that our hotel met your needs.

I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Asheville.

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Overall, this hotel is fine. I was able to get a friends and family Marriott rate, so price was great. I typically stay at nicer hotels for work travel so I am a bit picky about things. Breakfast was typical hot breakfast, waffles were good. Room was clean overall. There was a musty smell that other reviews noted - that really got on my nerves. Also found one hair in the bathroom and there was a stain by the garbage can at the sink but OVERALL it was average. Not sure I would stay again because I want to be downtown - but location was good for the most part. For leisure traveler with family, this would be a great hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nrobinson00
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Nrobinson00,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and do apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay.

Hillsborough, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

This visit was a prelude to our stay in Nashville. Our daughter wanted to see the Gingerbread Houses at the Grove Park Inn and do a little ghost hunting while she was there. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very pleasant. If you need something to drink make sure you have it with you because I had to pay $2.50 for a soda and a Gatorade and as a business owner I know that is about 3x what they pay for it. The location is very good being close to everything in Asheville. The breakfast was the best breakfast that we have ever had at a hotel and I think it is in large part to Patricia the lady who keeps things filled and the atmosphere pleasant in the breakfast area.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the floor wit the least amount of children whose parents let them run all over the...