“Great Location”

Rodeway Inn & Suites near Outlet Mall - Asheville
Ranked #60 of 68 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 5 February 2013

This hotel is located at a great exit off I-26. It's the one for the Blue Ridge Parkway, it's also close to the State Farmer's Market. Rooms are nice. They have a flat screen Tv, microwave and mini fridge. Rates are very reasonable for the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank NCFan

Reviewed 18 January 2013

I usually stay at a Marriott, but, with the economy, we decided to stay somewhere less expensive. I saw other good reviews and decided to give them a try. We were pleased at the location and that the hotel was clean and in a nice area. The front desk was so nice and eager to please. The previous person in our room had disconnected the phone from the wall to try to get landline internet service (you can't you know) and spilled a drink on the phone and ruined it. So they had to replace it with a new one within five minutes.. (You know, so many people tear up hotel rooms now days, it's just crazy.) The room had a wardrobe closet, flat screen TV, large bathroom with tub and shower and fridge and microwave for half the price of the hotels on the same street. A small table and 2 chairs gave a cozy place to eat. Also there are several restaurants nearby. We will be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank trekkergirl1701
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I hope this review gets to the right people because I want to recognize Ms. Caitlin for her very courteous, friendly and helpful service during our recent stay at this property. She was very nice from the time we checked in until we left three days later. She was knowledgeable about everything and even helped us to save some money by telling us where to purchase some discount tickets to some area attractions. So please see that she gets a little recognition from two very pleased guests.

Doy "Red" and Margie Raborn
Monroe, LA

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Red R
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Our recent stay in Asheville was an unexpected one and we found ourselves with not
many rooms to choose from in town. I had read the previous reviews and was nervous about staying at The Rodeway Inn and Suites but it was the only place that wasn't over our budget. We decided one night won't kill us.
What a surprise... the rooms were clean, the staff was extremely helpful, and it was located near everything we needed. All that plus the rate was very reasonable for an October weekend. We had just a regular room with 2 beds that were sooo comfortable and we were shocked to see a flat screen tv. We did have trouble with our remote but the night guy was very accommodating and brought us a brand new one.
The next time I'm planning a trip to Asheville, I'm staying there again. What a value!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Marie M
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Went to the local Holiday Inn first but it was too expensive so we came here because it looked OK on the outside, receptionist, Mary I think was lovely, but the rooms & bed linen made me heave. Thank goodness it was just one night, the sheets & bed linen were dirty and covered in someone elses hair the sheets were paper thin. I put the towel on the bottom sheet to lie on but still felt uneasy but I couldn't bear to put my own luxury beach towel anywhere near the bed! Woke up early and left, what a horrible place! Even though I had a shower I came away feeling very dirty ugh!

Room Tip: Don't stay Here !
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank FrequentVirgin
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Let me start by saying that we have stayed in this hotel in the past and were satisfied. We are not picky people and realize that we're staying in a discount hotel, so we don't expect 5 star accommodations. (our rate this trip was $75/night) However, this last stay (9/12) was the worst hotel experience in our 30 years of marriage. Everything was fine at check-in, the room was ok, bathroom was ok, although the tile grout was black and disgusting. We stayed 2 nights and on the morning we were to leave, my husband did a thorough search of the room, looking for anything we might have left behind, and to our shock and horror, right between the bed and night stand, was a used condom!!! Yes, that's right. My husband had been sleeping for 2 nights with his head not 3 feet from someone's disgusting used condom!!

We quickly gathered our things and went down to the front desk. I told the clerk (Caitlin), what we had discovered and she immediately went into a robotic state, saying things like, "Yes, that is gross, I guess the cleaning people missed it, I'm sorry." I waited for her to offer me something to make the situation better, (which, let's face it, what can make finding a used condom in your room better?), and instead she just kept looking at me with her eyes bugged out. I then said, "Aren't you even going to offer me some kind of compensation? Now, you will not believe her answer.....She said, "Well, you didn't ask for one". WHAT??? Shouldn't the clerk try to rectify the situation??? You mean the customer has to ask for money back when they find a used condom in their room??

There is a sign up stating that the manager on duty was someone named Scott. I asked to speak to him and am told that he isn't there. Great. Now I'm really upset and suddenly Caitlin has a snippy attitude. She says she can give me the "discount" rate of $39.99/night. So that means we get to pay $80 for the privilege of sleeping next to a used condom. Wonderful! I get the general manager's email address, wait for my "discount" and quickly leave. I tell the wonderful Caitlin that maybe next time someone finds that they've shared a room with someone else's used condom, (and I have no doubt that there will be a next time) that she may want to offer compensation BEFORE the guest has to ask.

Later in the day, I email the general manager and get a quick response from him. He apologizes, and offers me 2 nights stay at any of his 3 hotels in Asheville (if I call him in advance). OMG, No thanks....I'd rather sleep in my car. Please, do yourself a favor and stay somewhere, anywhere but this place!

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MyKittyCache
Reviewed 25 August 2012

My first impression at this hotel was bad. Carpets are dirty and the hallways are dark and forbidding. The room was cleaner, but the sink faucet head came off in my hand. Sheets, extremely old, thin, and clingy. Ratty old blanket. Couldn't adjust the air conditioner. As I tossed and turned, I wished I had not been lured in by the cheapest hotel rate in the area.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo