Rodeway Inn & Suites near Outlet Mall - Asheville
Ranked #52 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Tolerable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

I will start off with saying that this was a decent room for the price. We needed to be in the middle of Biltmore, and location was our reason for choosing this hotel. It's one of the cheapest ones in the area, but that's due to its condition. They have free, fast wifi, and offer doughnuts and juice for breakfast. The staff were very helpful and friendly. If we could find another hotel in the area for a similar price, would have chosen them instead, but would return to Rodeway if we could be promised the non-smoking room we booked to begin with.

We have stayed at the Rodeway Inn & Suites in Biltmore 2 times, each time our rooms have been tolerable, but unclean and have had horrible smells. The first time our room was non-smoking and smelled like really bad sweat and body odor. This last time we booked a non-smoking room, but were given a smoking room (they didn't have any others available, it was a busy weekend). The room smelled so badly of cigarette smoke our families complained about the lingering odor on our clothes during dinner. From where the air conditioning was leaving condensation on the walls it was collecting with the nicotine and brown liquid was literally dripping down the walls. The carpets were stained, there were burn holes in the blankets and all along the counters. Our room had 2 queen beds with very sharp bed frames that stuck out from around the mattresses (wrapped in plastic, no bed skirts) and me and my husband were caught several times and bruised and cut our ankles.

We felt relatively safe, but there were 2 very apparent prostitutes outside of the building working. During our 3 day stay, we saw both of them leaving and returning with different guys on numerous occasions. The elevator was kind of musty and gross, but they had placed dryer sheets next to the lights so it smelled pleasant.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Heather5656

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Pace, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

I have stayed at the Rodeway Inn in Asheville a few times over the last couple of years when I've been up there for business. To be certain, it's not the Ritz-Carlton, but it never pretends to be. What it promises is a clean, quiet place to sleep at a great value. It delivers on that promise in spades. I am always greeted by a friendly desk clerk whenever I arrive or leave the hotel. The area surrounding the hotel is very nice with plenty of stores and restaurants within a few miles (the Biltmore Square Mall is less than a 1/2 mile walk). An additional perk is that this is one of the few places I have stayed at that offer smoking rooms, yet still offer non-smoking rooms that don't have any hint of cigarette smell to them, either in the hallways or the rooms. Being a non-smoker, it's nice to not feel like I'm sharing cigarettes with the other occupants of a hotel.

A couple of things to be aware of: the bedding and towels are not of the highest quality, though they are clean and certainly adequate for their purposes. The shampoo that the hotel provides smells a bit like the air-fresheners used in rest stops - not unpleasant on its own, I guess, but the association means that I will normally buy a small travel-size shampoo of my own to bring with me. Neither is a big deal, but something to be aware of it you're particular to such things.

If you want a resort-type establishment where you can hang out at the hotel for hours each day, this probably isn't the place you're looking for. However, if you want a clean, quiet place to lay your head at night without paying a lot of money this is definitely the place for you.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Blue Ridge, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

I have had an EXCELLENT experience in staying at Rodeway Inn & Suites at Biltmore Square!

The staff has been exemplary on every level. The hotel is very clean, safe and quiet. In addition, the area is superb - Within walking distance, there is the Biltmore Mall, Cinebarre (awesome dollar movie theater!), Ingles, as well as many restaurants.

In just moving to Asheville, I needed a place to stay that would accommodate my needs for an extended stay. This hotel has truly been a gift (weekly and monthly rates are available at a GREAT PRICE!). As a example of heightened assistance, I needed to establish myself in showing that I am living in the area so that I am able to receive mail, update resumes with a local address, etc. - The General Manager (Marc Rosenbaum) immediately responded to communicated needs in helping me to resolve this complicated issue. I am truly thankful to Rodeway Inn and Suites, as well as to Marc, Gwen, and the countless staff that I do not personally know to whom have provided an extremely high level of professional courtesy, respect and help.

I highly recommend Rodeway Inn & Suites at Biltmore Square for all of your travel needs within the Asheville Area - VERY convenient to Downtown, as well!

Well done Rodeway Inn & Suites at Biltmore Square!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Goose Creek, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

We booked this hotel online through Priceline thinking it would be close to the Biltmore. We arrive that evening to check in, wasn't to impressed with the lobby. As we were going to our room around back I noticed lots of construction vehicles and thought well can't be to bad lots of people stay here from different corporations. Boy was that a mistake, going to our room we noticed the hotel was very dirty, and this was in the dark.

Upon opening our door we noticed an awful odor and just looked at each other thinking oh no! Upon entering our room the first thing we noticed was how dirty and run down it looked, the walls were filthy, the bed looked like it had been there for 20+ years the comforter, sheets and drapes looked awful. The small couch sitting on the wall was filthy and sunk in, I would never sit on it. It looked like it had not been cleaned in ages, smelled like that also. The airconditioner would not work, the bathroom was filthy, and I could go on! We walked back out went to the front desk and told them the room looked "Nothing Like their Advertised Pictures", and that we wanted to cancel the reservation, and go someplace else.

We were told this would not be a problem and they were very sorry. We said we would expect a full refund and we were assured this would not be a problem because we looked the room over came right back to them and did not stay!

We still have not gotten the full amount owed to us, they gave 15% back and stated that no one else has complained! We were staying the week and they still owe us 300+.....Seriously they need to read the reviews here!!!

People beware, they are updating some rooms at this hotel, hence their pictures, (You need to look at the customer pictures, they are for real) but they will not book you into one of these nice rooms, they are saved for corporate accounts that always stay there!!

Room Tip: Tip for choosing a good room......"Run to another Hotel believe me you do not want to stay here...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank tandg12
Asheville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

My wife and I were looking for a place to stay close to Asheville that was on our budget but was clean and satisfactory. This hotel was way beyond our expectations and we were highly impressed with the hospitality of the staff.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Chelsea M
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

Spent a couple of nights here and got a great deal for the room. With such low rates, my expectations for the room were very low. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the room was in great shape! The room had a nice fridge and microwave, and a very nice flat-screen TV. The front desk clerk was very nice. The hotel itself is in a perfect location between Asheville and the Biltmore/Airport area. Definitely a great value for your money!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank adlucemdei
Henderson, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

This hotel is located at a great exit off I-26. It's the one for the Blue Ridge Parkway, it's also close to the State Farmer's Market. Rooms are nice. They have a flat screen Tv, microwave and mini fridge. Rates are very reasonable for the area.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends