Rodeway Inn & Suites near Outlet Mall - Asheville
Ranked #57 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 10 September 2009

This hotel well exceeded my expectations. When we travel we usually have our dog and we are therefore limited in our hotel options. We don't spend a great deal of time in the hotel and so finding someplace that doesn't look run down, is clean and safe is what's most important to us. This hotel had been updated, was clean, safe and the staff friendly and helpful at check in. They put us in a room on the first floor which is like a walk out basement level. The clerk said if we didn't like it since it's closed off to the rest of the hotel we could come back and she would be happy to change our room. The room was fine and I didn't feel closed off so we stayed. The rooms are a bit small for all the furniture, but they are clean and well taken care of with a LARGE flat screen TV, very comfortable beds and free coffee in the room. Hotel was very convenient to downtown Asheville and all the different hiking we wanted to do. There weren't a lot of restaurant options right there, but we found quite a few options just a few exits south as well as downtown Asheville. Great rate, no breakfast included other than glazed donuts in the lobby, but overall a really positive experience. I would definitely stay there again.

1  Thank wisconsin30

Reviewed 9 September 2009

The rooms are relatively small so everything is close together. All the wood is light oak -- a small round table with two padded chairs [and coffee maker], an etagere with 2 dresser drawers, a microwave and a mini-fridge, a freestanding clothes closet, and wooden headboards. Plus a huge flat screen TV with excellent cable choices. I liked that the two lamps between the beds can be turned on & off separately. We had two extremely comfortable pillow-top queen beds [Mom and I sleep better separately]. The bathroom was clean and adequate with very fluffy towels. Breakfast isn't included, but vendor items are available in the small entrance lobby. Shopping & the interstate are very close. Excellent value for just over $40 a night.

• Stayed: September 2009
1  Thank Vctoria
Reviewed 31 August 2009

Stayed 3 nights. Very clean hotel. Friendly and helpful staff. Nice big flat panel TV in room. Great location. Close to interstate, shopping and restaurants(I highly recommend The Stone Ridge Tavern. Great food, drinks and atmosphere.) I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Reviewed 5 August 2009

My Partner and I needed a place to stop on our way to Myrtle Beach and Asheville was our halfway point. After roaming around and looking at the other major chain hotels off of exit 33 and seeing that the prices were way over our budget for one night, we decided to stop at the Roadway Inn. Usually Roadway Inns are a bit janky, but this remodeled Super 8 was awesome! We ended up staying in their King Suite Room 207 for 79.99 because it was the last room left. I think the front desk clerk sensed my apprehension because she let us look at the room before we checked-in, and what a pleasant surprise! We had a brand new King Bed (Simmons), a pull out sofa bed, flat screen TV on the wall, mini fridge...the works! We slept so well, we missed the complimentary breakfast (donuts and coffee)!

1  Thank Oriaku N
Reviewed 28 July 2009

It was just a plain, regular hotel, but there were a few drawbacks to it that would influence me to not stay there again:

1. The parking lot is not big enough. When you drive in during the day, it seems that parking is adequate, but in the evening, you will have to park God knows where in the back parking lot.
2. There is NO BACK DOOR! So, once you get back to the hotel late at night and park in the dark back lot, you will have to walk all the way around to the front door. Not good!
3. Now, this is something that really bothered me personally, but many people may not mind it. There was a blue light on the TV that glowed whenever it was turned off. The light was so bright that it functioned as a nightlight, and I like to sleep in the dark. It literally kept me awake.
4. View was terrible. Outside our window was some sort of junk car lot.
5. Thin walls. We could hear a baby crying in the next room for nearly two hours our first night.

On the positive side, the price was right, and the girl at the front desk was very nice. Also, the location is good, very close to the interstate.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank hittheroadam
Reviewed 25 June 2009

I traveled to the Rodeway Inn because I needed somewhere affordable to sleep in Asheville, where I was visiting for an interview. Because I enjoyed my stay here, I later returned with my mother and brother for his birthday at the Biltmore Estate. This hotel is within a very reasonable drive of downtown Asheville, the Biltmore, and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Both times I stayed I only had minor complaints about my room, such as the door being difficult to close fully, noise from other guests, and ants being in our dresser. Each room has a nice flat screen TV, a fridge, and a microwave, in addition to a hairdryer and wardrobe with hangers. I'd come back again!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank lorenallen
Reviewed 12 June 2009

It was important to us that this motel is convenient to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Cleanliness was also a factor, and the previous reviews were right - the rooms were clean! Staff was polite and helpful. Furnishings and fixtures nice.

A bit tricky to locate off main road, as sign is back off road some and the motel sits to the back and side of some other motels. But, it was well worth the search!

It is close to restaurants and shopping, although one would want to drive rather than try to walk to them.

We appreciated the good rate.

We will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple