“Delicious and exceptional service.”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 788 Restaurants in Asheville
Price range: US$0 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Located in Historic Biltmore Village. Start your evening the Ruth"s Chris way – over a mouth-watering filet. Sit back and enjoy the most tender and delicious steak you've ever tasted. Or, if you're in the mood for something a little different, our extensive a la carte menu features extra-thick cut Steak, live Maine Lobster, fresh seafood, a variety of vegetable dishes, and eight potato selections. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth's Chris genuine hospitality. So whether you're a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining may be arranged.
Lenoir City, Tennessee
“Delicious and exceptional service.”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

After doing the Biltmore House Candle Light Tour we decided to go to Ruth;s Chris. It was a rainy evening and about 8:00 PM. The parking lot was full. We pulled up and my wife went into check to see if there was a possibility for dinner. She signaled, Yes. Leaving the car with the valet I went in, It was going to be about a 30 minute wait. So, we decided to go to the bar and eat. We ordered filets. They were cooked to perfection and, as always, served sizzling hot. We shared an order of delicious scalloped potatoes. I do wish I had remembered the bartender/waiters name. He provided exceptional service the night of November 21st. It was the perfect meal and provided the same for a great anniversary day. Definitely the next time we are in Asheville we will again go here for dinner.

• Visited November 2013

Hollywood, South Carolina
“Chain Steakhouse at the entrance to Biltmore Estate”
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

This is a high end chain restaurant that can be found in many areas. If you are looking for steak then this is a good option. Be aware the food is extremely expensive and the experience isn't always worth the expense. There would definitely be better options. If you want something unique to Asheville, go somewhere else. If you want a known steakhouse around the country, this is your place. Good food but very expensive.

Visited November 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Enjoyed the bar menu, happy hour and jazz music”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

On most occasions (and I've been to 50 or 60 or more Ruth's Chris locations) I'd rather do the whole Ruth's Chris Steak House thing -- Jack with a splash of branch water, the homey iceberg lettuce wedge salad with the late, dear Ruth Fertel's own extra thick, creamy blue cheese, USDA Prime NY Strip medium rare served sizzling, garlic mashed and creamed spinach (always Ruth's favorite), with a glass of cabernet -- but tonight in Biltmore Village we enjoyed the happy hour and bar menu ... and especially the jazz entertainment in the bar by up-and-coming Asheville and New York jazz singer and pianist Rockell Scott, who plays in the bar most Wednesdays.

The $8 Papa Hemingway happy hour daiquiris were very good, though perhaps not exactly a cold weather drink (hey, Asheville isn't Savannah!). We had the sliced filet steak sandwiches with bernaise sauce and fries (a bargain at $8) and a couple of appetizers.

If you go to Ruth's Chris, even to the bar at happy hour, you're going to spend a little money, and our evening for two came to around $100 with drinks, tax, tips and valet, but that's certainly less than half of what we'd drop in the main restaurant.

And, as I say, we enjoyed the jazz accompaniment to our drinks and meal. It's too bad Ruth's Chris doesn't promote its bar entertainers more, and in fact we had a hard time finding the local restaurant's website, as Google searches kept taking us by default to the national corporate site.

• Visited November 2013
illinois
“Great Food and Excellent Service”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My husband and I had a taste for steak so we decided to dine at Ruth Chris's.So glad we did. I've never had better service than we did at Ruth Chris in Asheville.The steaks are the best and side dishes can't be beat. The highlight of our night was our waiter Steve J who not only gave us great service but talked with us about the Asheville area.The manager also was great. He gave us some good info on the best hiking trails.Next time I'm in Asheville we'll be back to Ruth Chris.

• Visited October 2013
“Not worth the trip”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I love steak and Ruth Chris is typically a good one but the service here was terrible and that was being kind. The attitude of the wait staff was as if they were doing you a favor. Just wasn't my kind of place to enjoy a special time.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Truthfultraveler1
Gabe F, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us. Our service is one of the main things we pride ourselves on as a business, so I am especially surprised to hear that your service was so poor. Please call me directly at the restaurant - I can most certainly make this up to you (828) 398-6200. Thank you again.