“Best of the best”

Aloft Asheville Downtown
Ranked #19 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the loft and it was a great experence. The views were perfect and the food and hotel were great. Its so easy to walk anyhere downtown and enjoy all the things asheville has to offer.I am looking forward to my next visit. Steve Maddox

Room Tip: I like the downtown view just as much as the view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank steve m
CatherineHarris, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2012

Greetings steve m,
Thank you for your fabulous review, and we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us at the aloft Asheville Downtown. It is great to hear when our guests are able to take full advantage of our fabulous Downtown location and walk right out our front door to experience the wonderful city of Asheville. Please come back soon and bring your friends. Have a fabulous day and safe travels...
828.232.2838
catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com

Reviewed 5 September 2012

I had an amazing 2 night stay at the beautiful Aloft! The view of the mountains was breathtaking! I love the contempory decor throughout the hotel and the rooms! My bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get out of it! The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The WXYZ and The Ledge was a great, fun place to hang out with friends and meet new people. The appetizers and breakfast from the bar restaurant were delicious. And location....within walking distance to everywhere!!! I can't wait until my next visit!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
CatherineHarris, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Shelia M,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We love hearing from our guests and appreciate the time you took to let everyone know how much you enjoyed your stay. I will make sure I share your comments with our talent as they love to hear wonderful comments. We do hope you come back soon and if I may ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to email me at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com or call me at 828.232.2838. Thank you again.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Great location and rooms. However, the hotel is new and so is everyone working there. When things go wrong, like checking into a room that hasn't been cleaned or things being put on your bill that you never received, it will take at least 30 minutes to resolve each mistake. This could be a great hotel, once they figure out what they're doing. In the meantime, it's not worth the cost. You could stay at another hotel downtown for a similar rate and save the time and frustration of dealing with this hotel. While they recognize that they are new and working out the kinks, they don't compensate you for it . I wouldn't stay here again for a while. I'm sure it will be better a few months from now once everyone has settled in and knows how to run the place.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank tiffanyusc
CatherineHarris, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Dear tiffanyusc,

My name is Catherine Harris and I am the General Manager for the Aloft Asheville Downtown, I have read your comments in regards to your recent stay with us and want to be the first to sincerely apologize to you in regards to your recent stay with us. This is not the first impression we want to make at all. We want to give our guests exceptional service even in the event that something is not right, we still want to make it right. Your loyalty is very important to us and we would love the opportunity to make this up to you and hope that you will come back to give us another opportunity. We do have a great location and wonderful guest rooms with exceptional views of the mountains and the beautiful city of Asheville and I thank you for pointing this out in your comments. I will make sure that we use your feedback as a learning experience for all of us so we can make sure this does not happen to our next valued guest. If you are coming back to the Asheville area please feel free to email at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown or call me at 828.232.2838 and I will be happy to make your reservation for you and have the opportunity to show you the exceptional stay we want you to experience as our guest. Again tiffanyusc I thank you for your feedback it is very valued, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may be of any assistance at all. Have a wonderful rest of the week.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Military beware...I received an email confirmation prior to arriving for a poolside room w/ cabana. The family was excited and packed bathing suits. I go to check in and get a room on the 5th floor. Not exactly near the pool. We talk to the manager later and we're told that a couple wanted to stay another night so they stayed in the cabana room. Thus, bumping us to the 5th floor. A quick apology is made and we're offered a $20 breakfast comp. I didn't take it. My thoughts are...because I used a military discount to get the room they didn't want me in the higher priced room. The sad fact is the hotel was actually nice and in a good location. However, I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Scott D
CatherineHarris, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Dear Scott D,

My name is Catherine Harris, General Manager for the Aloft Asheville Downtown, and I would like to take this opportunity to greatly apologize to you and your family for the inconvenience we may have caused you and your family during your stay with us with your unexpected room change. On the day of your arrival we were faced with several current guest room extensions and were forced to change some of our arrivals to different room types throughout the hotel. Please know this is not something we ever wanted to do to any of our guests and we would never change your reserved room location due to the rate that you pay, and I am so sorry this is the feeling you have. It is our goal for all of our guests to have an exceptional stay with us and I want you and your family to experience the same. I hope to have another opportunity to make things right with you and your family on your next trip to Asheville, NC. Should you be traveling back to the Asheville area please call me at 1.828.232.2838 or email me at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com and I will personally make your reservation for you.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

I had a wonderful 2 night stay at the brand new Aloft in downtown Ashville. It is conveniently located within walking distance to restaurants, shopping, and the Ashville Civic Center. I had fun poking around in the antique/vintage shops in town. The hotel had a street entrance as well as a parking garage entrance, which is nice not to have to go outside to get something you forgot in the car. The hotel staff were very friendly and able to give me the directions I requested. I loved that they were able to help me find certain places on the city map. It was a quick visit...but very enjoyable.

Room Tip: I was on the sixth floor, almost the end of the hall. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Dear papervacations,
The aloft Asheville Downtown is thrilled to heat you enjoyed your 2 night stay with us and appreciate you letting everyone know about our "Awesome" new hotel located in the heart of Downtown Asheville. Come back to see us soon and please let me know if I may be of any assistance for your future travel arrangements to Asheville. my email is catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com... Thank you again and have safe travels.

Reviewed 31 August 2012

Just stayed at this brand new awesome hotel in downtown Asheville!!! The staff was extremely friendly and the hotel was absolutely gorgeous!!! Definitely will be visiting this hotel again in the near future...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Greetings from the aloft Asheville Downtown RoadRunner_2012_1,
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our brand new aloft Asheville Downtown, we too think we are "Awesome"... The talent appreciates your feedback and we are looking forward to your next trip to the "Awesome" aloft Asheville Downtown...

Reviewed 30 August 2012

I Visited this Hotel to shoot a Music Video and I have to say I was one happy camper.
Hotel was AMAZING Service was Excellent. I was treated as a KING!!! anyone looking for a place to stay for a vacation I highly suggest you look into the aLoft Hotel!!! Great place for affordable rates!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Greetings Seth M,
Amazing Comments and we thank you for telling the world about your stay at the aloft Asheville Downtown... We love to hear from our guests and I always look forward to sharing such great comments with our fabulous talent. I do hope you had a very successful Music Video shoot and hope to have another opportunity in the future to host you another AMAZING stay. Have a great day and thank you for such wonderful feedback. Come back soon...
828.232.2838