“Biltmore and Ashville Visit”

Aloft Asheville Downtown
Ranked #19 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Cumming, Georgia
“Biltmore and Ashville Visit”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I have stayed at the Aloft chain before and this location had just opened its doors. Stays true to the Aloft set up look and feel. If you have stayed in one before the setting will be familiar. The location is fantastic, free covered parking a major plus in Ashville. Rooms, staff, experience was excellent. Lounge was quite popular and active and the balcany outside a pleasant place to sit and sip. Beds / room very clean & comfortable. Location is awesome!! Walk to anywhere in downtown Ashville, close to multiple restaurants and activites. A very short drive to the Biltmore right up Biltmore Ave.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
CatherineHarris, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 15 September 2012
Greetings Patrick M,
Thank you for your review, we love to hear from our guests and greatly appreciate the time you took to share your comments. We are thrilled you got to experience first hand Asheville's Fabulous Downtown life, we are within walking distance to many of Asheville's fine restaurants. Our Guests love to sit and sip on the Ledge overlooking Biltmore Ave. Please come back to visit soon and please let us know if we can be of any assistance...
catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel for five days right when it opened and had an absolutely wonderful experience. Aloft is in the perfect location-- walking distance from all the attractions in Downtown Asheville as well as the up and coming River Arts District. As a yogi, I was also able to walk over to the Asheville Yoga Center for a class. The amenities and staff are lovely, and the view overlooking the mountains is simply beautiful. We would stay here again without question.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Greetings ET411,
Thank you for the Great Review.... We really enjoy hearing from our guests and appreciate the time you took to complete a review for us. We love our downtown location, there is so much to do right within walking distance even Yoga...Come back soon and please give us a call if we can be of any assistance with future reservations at the aloft Asheville Downtown...
Lakeland, Florida, United States
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I visited the Aloft in downtown Asheville during its intial opening and could not have been more please. It is very chic with a great location. The staff were cheerful and accomodating. The ledge overlooking downtown gave an unique experience for socializing. It felt like a private party with all the quests being your friends. Fun!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Greetings Mark C,
Thank you for staying with us at the aloft Asheville Downtown and leaving us such a Wonderful Review. We greatly appreciate the time you took to give us the great feedback and letting everyone know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will come back soon from the Sunshine State and bring your friends with you. If I may be of any assistance in the near future please do not hesitate to contact me.
Ontario
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We stayed here 2 nights in one of the poolside rooms - very nice! . Loved the Cabana by the pool. I would recommend some umbrellas as it did get very hot and there is no shade available. My husband did comment that maybe the doggy area would be better elsewhere than beside the pool. I have to agree. There are chairs and a firepit in the pool area along with a bar but the firepit was not lit and the bar not open at all during our stay.

There is a bar/restaurant area in the upstairs lobby which has both indoor and outdoor seating. One night there was live entertainment which was a nice touch. Service was excellent. I believe they also have breakfast there but I can't comment as we opted for just some Starbucks which is also on site.

The hotel is in a great location and we walked everywhere. Many restaurants to choose from.

The staff was very friendly. They have a posting on the wall behind reception with some information regarding weather etc. My only recommendation would be to inform the staff of the events posted on their wall so they can answer some questions that may arise. We did ask about the entertainment that was posted on their board and unfortunately, the person had no idea if the event was taking place at the hotel or somewhere else. They were unable to find the information for us.

There was also some construction still going on which prevented afternoon napping and one afternoon someone was taking pictures of the pool area . He told us he was taking pictures for the resort. Finally, after awhile I gave up waiting for him to be done and snuck into the pool. Afterall, that is why we booked the poolside room. He left and didn't return that afternoon. We enjoyed the rest of the time by the pool.

Overall, we had a great stay and would return.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Greetings wishiwerethere2,
Wow, thank you for your great feedback and comments on how we can improve. I will make sure that I share your comments with the staff as they love hearing from our guests and learning more on how we can improve overall as a team. I do apologize to you about the time it took our photographer on Air Level and I am glad you got into Splash... I am glad you took advantage of our Fabulous Cabana Guest Rooms, they have just spectacular views and a great private Cabana for lounging. I will make sure all of our Guest Service Agents review the entertainment and event schedule on our Chalk Wall so they are in the know for our guests. When traveling back to the Asheville Area please come stay with us. If I may be of any assistance do not hesitate to contact me anytime. Again thank you for your review and your loyalty.
sarasota
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the loft and it was a great experence. The views were perfect and the food and hotel were great. Its so easy to walk anyhere downtown and enjoy all the things asheville has to offer.I am looking forward to my next visit. Steve Maddox

Room Tip: I like the downtown view just as much as the view of the mountains.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank steve m
Greetings steve m,
Thank you for your fabulous review, and we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us at the aloft Asheville Downtown. It is great to hear when our guests are able to take full advantage of our fabulous Downtown location and walk right out our front door to experience the wonderful city of Asheville. Please come back soon and bring your friends. Have a fabulous day and safe travels...
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I had an amazing 2 night stay at the beautiful Aloft! The view of the mountains was breathtaking! I love the contempory decor throughout the hotel and the rooms! My bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get out of it! The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The WXYZ and The Ledge was a great, fun place to hang out with friends and meet new people. The appetizers and breakfast from the bar restaurant were delicious. And location....within walking distance to everywhere!!! I can't wait until my next visit!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
CatherineHarris, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Shelia M,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We love hearing from our guests and appreciate the time you took to let everyone know how much you enjoyed your stay. I will make sure I share your comments with our talent as they love to hear wonderful comments. We do hope you come back soon and if I may ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to email me at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com or call me at 828.232.2838. Thank you again.
Columbia, SC
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Great location and rooms. However, the hotel is new and so is everyone working there. When things go wrong, like checking into a room that hasn't been cleaned or things being put on your bill that you never received, it will take at least 30 minutes to resolve each mistake. This could be a great hotel, once they figure out what they're doing. In the meantime, it's not worth the cost. You could stay at another hotel downtown for a similar rate and save the time and frustration of dealing with this hotel. While they recognize that they are new and working out the kinks, they don't compensate you for it . I wouldn't stay here again for a while. I'm sure it will be better a few months from now once everyone has settled in and knows how to run the place.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank tiffanyusc
CatherineHarris, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Dear tiffanyusc,

My name is Catherine Harris and I am the General Manager for the Aloft Asheville Downtown, I have read your comments in regards to your recent stay with us and want to be the first to sincerely apologize to you in regards to your recent stay with us. This is not the first impression we want to make at all. We want to give our guests exceptional service even in the event that something is not right, we still want to make it right. Your loyalty is very important to us and we would love the opportunity to make this up to you and hope that you will come back to give us another opportunity. We do have a great location and wonderful guest rooms with exceptional views of the mountains and the beautiful city of Asheville and I thank you for pointing this out in your comments. I will make sure that we use your feedback as a learning experience for all of us so we can make sure this does not happen to our next valued guest. If you are coming back to the Asheville area please feel free to email at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown or call me at 828.232.2838 and I will be happy to make your reservation for you and have the opportunity to show you the exceptional stay we want you to experience as our guest. Again tiffanyusc I thank you for your feedback it is very valued, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may be of any assistance at all. Have a wonderful rest of the week.