“Modern hotel in great location”

Aloft Asheville Downtown
Ranked #19 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Sacramento, CA
“Modern hotel in great location”
Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

Spent five days at the Aloft while on business in Asheville. Great restaurants and bars within walking distance. It's got a European vibe that's kind of cool. Best bagels in the world at the bakery across the street. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013
CatherineHarris, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Dear NorCal_Traveler_10,

My name is Catherine Harris and I am the General Manager for the Aloft Asheville Downtown. Thank you for taking the time to leave such great feedback about your recent stay with us in Asheville on business...

We strive to provide all of our guests with a great stay from our exceptional service to our fabulous Downtown location... I will make sure to share your comments with our talent as we value our guests comments.

If I may be of any assistance please feel free to contact me directly at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com.

Have a great day and safe travels, come back soon...

Catherine Harris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Excellent location, walk to everything. Friendly staff, Starbucks in lobby. Great views from all rooms with big windows, big screen HDTV. All imaginable conveniences in room with hi-tech finishes. Bathroom is first class. Lobby with fun bar, lots of lounge areas, BIG SCREEN TV, pool table, chairs around tables for laptops, reading, working. Pool with large deck and cabanas- gets the sun all day. Why stay anywhere else. Excellent restaurant next door- Black Bird, with inventive, well presented plates at reasonable prices. Attitude at City Bakery across street- it's not you.

Room Tip: Floors 5 and 6
Hi BILLandDD,

What great comments, we love when our guests have the experience we strive to provide when they stay with us at the Aloft Asheville Downtown. We have a great location right downtown and yes within walking distance to many fabulous local restaurants like Black Bird and great local shopping!! When you stay in Asheville it is great to be able to walk around this beautiful city and experience everything this great city is known for especially the food...

We hope you return to Asheville soon and please feel free to contact me directly at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com if I may be of any assistance as we want your next stay with us to be very memorable. Again thank you so much for letting everyone know how much you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to hosting you again.

Have a great day and very safe travels.

Live, Life, Aloft Asheville Downtown...

North Carolina
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Location is great - right downtown and VERY convenient if you're visiting The Orange Peel.

Parking is pretty easy - if you enter from Biltmore Avenue there are lots of signs pointing you in the right direction. If you enter at the back of the parking garage, however, there isn't a sign to be seen, but if you keep going up you'll soon spot the Aloft entrance, which is easily identified and there are designated parking spots for the hotel. Parking is $5 per day and you need to get your ticket validated before leaving the garage as you pay for parking on your hotel bill at the end of the stay.

Entering from the garage you arrive at the Ground Floor reception area, which, as a lot of other reviewers have mentioned, is usually not staffed - not sure what this is all about as it creates potential for confusion - although there was a scruffy little notice laid down on the counter directing you to the 2nd floor (would it kill someone to make a better notice and put it in a perspex stand?). The whole area looked a little untidy I thought, but there was an interesting chalk wall that people obviously enjoy writing on, which was fun and different and a nice water feature at the street entrance.

The second floor reception is a circular area in the middle of a very large room housing the bar, seating, pool table, coffee area and snack shop. When we arrived it was crowded with people (although it probably appeared more crowded than it was because of the awkward location/unusual shape). There was just one guy on reception, but he was quickly joined by another and there wasn't much of a wait. Both guys were friendly, but a little light on the information side of things I thought. For instance, you need a logon name and password for the free internet connection and nothing was mentioned, also there was apparently free coffee available in the morning up to a certain time, but I don't know what time that was as we managed to miss it both days! All staff were more than happy to answer any and all questons, but a card or information sheet with this type of information on, plus details such as check-in/check out times, location of pool, etc , etc. would be helpful I feel - either provided on check-in or in the room (information in the room is provided on a selection of tatty little cards).

Our room, was on the 5th floor, with two large windows overlooking the pool and dog walking run, with a lovely distant view of the mountains. Very nice indeed. The interior of the room was very modern and clean with a large wall mounted tv and iPod dock/radio. Toiletries were a bit on the sparse side, but I think this was made up for by the provision of a mini-fridge and bags of ice/filtered water at the nearby 'curve'.

All in all I was pleased with my booking, even though it probably doesn't sound like it! I think it's a pretty nice place to stay all in all, with a lot of nice and different features, but the difference between a good stay and a great stay is all in the details, I think, and the modern style of decor they have chosen needs to be kept neat, tidy and in tip-top condition to look its best.

On a positive note, the bar area and outdoor terrace are fantastic - great views of the street and with really interesting and fun outdoor heaters. A definite plus point and worth a visit even if you're not staying here. I would have had a cocktail, but most of them appeared to be Red Bull based, which is most certainly not to my tastes. Lots of other drink choices though and the atmosphere both in and out of the bar is nice - especially with the occasional dog joining in!

I will more than likely stay here again, but one big negative does put me off - the air-conditioning. The rooms tend to get warm and the air-conditioning, although controlled by a thermostat is of the old-style in-wall type (which is bizarre for such a trendy hotel) and are noisy. You need to cool the room down before you go to sleep or else the air-conditioning will keep you awake, bearing in mind that my stay was in January!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
CatherineHarris, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 2 February 2013
Dear PooksNorthCarolina,

My name is Catherine Harris and I am the General Manager for the Aloft Asheville Downtown. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor, and I appreciate very much your attention to the details we strive to achieve everyday.

I will certainly take your idea about the note card upon arrival to better inform our guests of locations and services. It is very important to us for us to provide a very exceptional memorable stay for all of our guests.

We do indeed have a great location right in the heart of downtown and within walking distance to the Orange Peel as well as many fabulous local restaurants and great shopping.

We are thrilled you will be back to stay with us and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com if I may do anything to assist you. We look forward to making your future stays with us as memorable as you our valued guest expects. Have a wonderful day and very safe travels.

Live, Life, Aloft...

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 January 2013

The Aloft in Downtown Asheville was the perfect location for a 3 night get-away. Thanks to tripadvisor, I knew to go straight to the 2nd floor to check-in. Our room was just the right size. There was just enough space for our belongings. The bed was fantastic and the black-out curtains made taking a midday nap no problem. The bathroom more than met our needs and the shower was great. We enjoyed the exercise room and found the lobby and bar to be inviting Probably the best feature after the bed was the location. The Aloft is in easy walk to everything in the downtown area. When we return to Asheville, we will most definitely stay here again.

Hi Ronald1123,

Wow thank you for such a great review and taking your time to let everyone know about your recent stay with us. We value you as our guest and strive to provide you with a very memorable exceptional stay!!!

We are truly looking forward to your next stay with us and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com if I may be of any assistance with your reservation needs.

Louisiana
Reviewed 28 January 2013

This hotel property is really cool, trendy, and most of all pleasant, clean & located near several great places close by for food & drink. Most of all, the staff at Aloft Asheville is superb: see Alex - Eric is great; Lauren, delightful, and Max - he's the magic man.

Do This: be patient, be kind, and smile. It's easy to have a great time here.

Don't Do This: lose control of your tired children, get offended by 20 & 30 somethings, or forget to smile :)

IMHO - your room view is irrelevant; it's all excellent. Enjoy the free wireless internet and reverse osmosis water; not to mention the fantastic shower scene. Eat at WXYZ.

Room Tip: IMHO - your room view is irrelevant; it's all excellent. Enjoy the free wireless internet and re...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Hi RyneBozzell,

Thank you for the great review on Trip Advisor and taking your time to let everyone know about how great your recent stay with us was... I will make sure to share your comments with our talent, they love to hear from our guests!!!!

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may be of any assistance to you for upcoming reservations as we want to make your stay with us as memorable as possible. You can contact me directly at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com.

Have a wonderful day and safe travels... thank you again for your great review

Live, Life, Aloft Asheville Downtown...

Sumter, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Just back from a two night stay at the aloft. The location couldn't be better and the hotel has some great things going for it. Great modern design and cool vibe all around. The second floor lobby/bar area was a madhouse in the evenings. All the employees were helpful and friendly. The room itself was disappointing. Really small space that felt like a cubicle at the ikea store. It just didn't seem like it was built to the quality you're paying for. Shortly after we arrived we had pieces of cinder block crash down from the ceiling on to the car next to us in the parking garage. That was a bit disconcerting. So for us the hotel indigo is a better fit. Same cool modern vibe, but bigger better appointed rooms.

1 Thank thesmellofiron
Dear thesmellofiron,

My name is Catherine Harris and I am the General Manager for the Aloft Asheville Downtown. Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your recent stay with us.

After reading your review I will make sure I share your comments with the City in regards to what you saw in the Parking Garage so they are most certainly aware and can resolve any issue they might be experiencing.

I do hope you will come back and visit us in the future, I do want to share with you that we have many different room types from our Mountain View Guest Rooms, Cabana Guest Rooms, as well as our Fabulous Corner Suites all featuring great views from the mountains to the fabulous city of Asheville. You are a very valued guest and we greatly appreciate your business.

If I may be of any assistance to you for future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me directly at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com, we want your next stay with us to be very memorable...

Asheville
Reviewed 28 January 2013

The Aloft Hotel was very nice and clean and it was located in a very good location, I didn't have to drive anywhere, I just walked outside and turn either left or right and everything was co located near the hotel. My Son attend UNC Asheville and his school was just around 2 miles way if that far. The Staff was very professional and friendly and this is the hotel I will be staying at every time I come and visit my son during his basketball season. Thank you for a great experience

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Dana C,

Thank you so much Dana C for such a great Shout Out about your recent stay with us at the Aloft Asheville Downtown... We have a great location downtown making our guests stays very full and exciting as there is so much to do within walking distance to all Asheville Downtown has to offer...

We are looking forward to your many return visits for your sons Basketball games and we will cheer him on as well GO UNCA BULLDOGS!!!

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com if I may be of any assistance with your upcoming reservation needs.