“Great place to stay!”

Aloft Asheville Downtown
Ranked #19 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 14 February 2013

There really is something here for everyone. In the middle of downtown, night life, to quiet fire and pool outside overlooking the mountains. We stayed as wedding guests and rooms were blocked for us. This gave us a more reasonable price and made it a good value. Without the discount may not have been as happy. Workout room was top of the line. Rooms were very modern and clean. Beds very comfortable. Overall great stay - I would stay again!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
CatherineHarris, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2013

Hi tyronmatty,

What a great review about your recent stay with us at the Aloft Asheville Downtown and thank you for letting everyone know. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us while in Asheville for a wedding. We do hope you will come back and see us real soon. If I may be of any assistance to you for future reservations please email me at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com...

Live, Life, Aloft Asheville Downtown....

At your Service,

There are newer reviews for Aloft Asheville Downtown

Reviewed 10 February 2013

We had to come to this hotel because we were wedding guests and this hotel was blocked for the guests. We had a little time to get ready for the wedding held at another site. The hotel has odd modern designed sliding bathroom doors that do not give a sense of true privacy. Our door was broken and would not close. We had to have maintenance come to fix it and that kept us from getting ready for the wedding. Also there was a horrible perfumey smell in the room. I was happy that the hotel was non-smoking but I would have preferred that to this gosh awful perfume that must have been spilled onto the carpet. It destroyed my head and both my husband and son were sickened by it. Clearly the room we were given was not in a condition to give to a customer. This shows to me that the management is not in touch with the needs of the customer. When we leave tomorrow I will demand money back for a poor experience. Thoroughly disappointed with The Loft and will never come back.

• Stayed: February 2013
10  Thank swissnut58
CatherineHarris, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Dear swissnut58,

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Aloft Asheville Downtown. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize for the Issue with the door and I hope you were completely satisfied after speaking with our executive team prior to your departure, so we could have the opportunity to make it right. As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments because we are always looking for ways to improve our service. If I may be of any other assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com.

Reviewed 9 February 2013

Aloft is right in the heart of downtown and about 4 miles from the Biltmore. The bed was super comfortable and all space is utilized in a very efficient way. The second floor lobby has a fireplace, board games, a coffee bar, food bar and regular bar area. Lots of places to sit and talk in a cozy way. Plenty of tv's over the bar to catch the latest game or news. Only issue we had was noise in the room; we could hear our neighbors pulling the chains to their shades (up and down) as though they were in our room. Other room doors slam when they shut and until everyone was tucked in we were up with them.

1  Thank Paula L
CatherineHarris, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2013

Dear Paula L,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us at the Aloft Asheville Downtown. Our number one goal is to provide the best service and accommodations for all of our traveling guests. We do hope you will come back and visit us soon and enjoy our location to many great restaurants and shopping in Downtown Asheville.

If I may be of any assistance please feel free to contact me directly at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com, we want your next stay with us to be as memorable as possible. We wish you a great week and very safe travels.

Live, Life, Aloft Asheville Downtown....

Reviewed 8 February 2013

Super place to stay. Close to all the things you want to do in Asheville. Everything was clean and comfortable, staff was super, and over-all the best place we have stayed in Asheville. XYZ Bar staff super and dinner at the Blackbird was also excellent. I think we could have spent the entire weekend in the building.

Room Tip: Not sure there is a bad room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
CatherineHarris, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2013

Dear morgantonfire,

Thank you so much for your great comments in regards to your recent stay with us. We do hope you will be back to visit us soon and bring your friends too!!! I can't wait to share your comments with our talent they too love to hear from our guests....

If I may be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com. Have a great day and safe travels.

Live, Life, Aloft Asheville Downtown

In Hospitality,

Reviewed 8 February 2013

The Orange Peel is a new and hip hotel in the middle of downtown Asheville. We picked this hotel because it was the closest to The Orange Peel, where we were going to see a concert. It was literally next door, and we were glad since it was 20 degrees. There are a lot of really good restaurants within walking distance (Blackbird next door, Chesnut across the street, a bakery for breakfast, and Barley's Tap Room, which was perfect for before the concert). If it had been warmer, we would have done more exploring of the area.

The hotel just opened in the fall and everything is new and clean. The hotel bar is also where locals go out and after 9 pm turns into a nightclub. This could be both bad and good. We were with a group of friends, so didn't bother us at all. We definitely plan to be back when it is a little warmer to take advantage of walking around downtown, the pool and patio. The staff were all super friendly and glad to make recommendations.

The only negative I can think of is the size of the rooms. I felt like we were in NYC. But, if you aren't planning to spend much time in your room then you won't even notice. Overall, we had a great stay and plan to be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Dear CarolineHC,

Wow! thank you for your great feeback and comments in regards to your recent stay with us at the Aloft Asheville Downtown. You can't beat our location next to the Orange Peel especially when it is very chilly outside you don't have far to go... Thank you to you and your group of friends for staying with us and we are looking forward to your return in the warmer weather!

If I may be of any assistance for future reservations please feel free to contact me directly at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com. We want your next stay with us as memorable as the first.

Live, Life, Aloft Asheville Downtown,

Reviewed 8 February 2013

I visited Asheville for a concert at The Orange Peel and chose Aloft for my overnight stay because it was within walking distance of the venue. I simply can't say enough good things about this hotel. The bed was super comfortable and cozy; so much so that I have ordered pillows and a comforter from their supplier for my bedroom at home! It was super clean and fresh smelling and very quiet, with only the occasional "woof" from a dog in a neighboring room and, yes, as Nophile said in their review, the window coverings do make quite a racket when raised/lowered and can be heard in the next room. I consider both of those very minor in comparison with the positives of this property. I especially loved the fact that housekeeping didn't bang on my door at 9:00 am, which has happened to me more times than I can count.

The biggest disappointment I experienced was the fact that I was unable to extend my stay for another night because the hotel was booked. I will definitely stay here whenever I return to Asheville.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo

Dear Carolyn S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such wonderful comments in regards to your recent stay with us... We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and truly look forward to hosting you again in Asheville... If I may ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com. Come back soon!!!

Live, Life, Aloft Asheville Downtown...

Reviewed 6 February 2013

Wife and I took a quick trip with friends for the weekend. Hotel was very nice and clean. Rooms are moden and simple, but very comfortable. All the staff was pleasant and enjoyed cutting up and joking around. Excellent location, within walking distance to all downtown. Great place, hope to stay here again.

Room Tip: You get a little street noise on city view....spend a few dollars more for mountain view if you are...

Dear Neil E,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on Trip Advisor, your comments are very important to us! We are thrilled you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us at the Aloft Asheville Downtown. We too are looking forward to your return to Asheville.

If I may be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com...

We wish you safe travels and a great week. Come back soon!!!

Live, Life, Aloft Asheville Downtown,