“Great one night romantic stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Aloft Asheville Downtown
Ranked #19 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
South Carolina
“Great one night romantic stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

My wife and I and another couple stayed over Valentine's Weekend. The hotel was great. Incredibly convenient location, nice amenities and super service. My group really enjoyed the bar and DJ on Friday evening. It was a much easier process than finding somewhere else to go by cab after dinner. The servers in the bar area were the most polite and servicing staff we encountered.

Room Tip: We stayed in a regular room, but I noticed a few with balconies and a few that walked out directly t...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CatherineHarris, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Hi LUTiger16,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments in regards to your recent stay with us at the Aloft Asheville Downtown. I can't wait to share your review with Team Aloft Asheville, they work very hard to make all of our guests stay just as memorable as yours! We do hope you will come back soon and please bring all of your friends! If I may be of any assistance please feel free to email me directly at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com.. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!!

Catherine Harris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

its 7am and i barely sleep. i heard everyone on my floor leave and enter room all night long- i even heard between the rooms that were close to me- i turned fan on heater but it did not help- not sure what they can do but if you want to sleep at night i am sorry to say dont stay here unless you bring something to make noise in your room- great location- the area is quiet and close to everything- the hotel is immaculate but when i went to complain there comment was they are aware of this and i should write corporate- i would of gotten sleep had i stayed at a hotel 1/2 this price- my rating is based only on this problem because its beautiful but totally does not function for a hotel where sleep is part of the stay! they need to address this immediately- i was not near the elevator thank goodness or it would have been even worse

Room Tip: stay on a floor where there is no one else and stay at the end of the hall - anyone opening /closing...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank dean6646
Dear dean6646,

Thank you so much for taking your time to let us know about your recent stay with us at the Aloft Asheville Downtown. We sincerely apologize to you that you experience issues with noise in your guest room, and do hope we will have another opportunity to provide you with a very memorable stay. I want you to know your comments are taken very seriously and we do utilize the feedback from our valued guests as learning tools to make sure we are doing everything we can to provide the best stay's for our guests without them we can not improve! Please feel free to contact me directly at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com as I would love to further discuss your experience with us. Again dean6646 thank you for letting us know and I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Southern US
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

Let me say that I have stayed at Aloft in Howewood Alabama on several occasions so I am not a newcomer to Aloft. We are local to Asheville and wanted to eat at The Blackbird and enjoy our Valentine's meal and drinks without worrying about driving. I surprised my husband by booking a room last minutes and texting him the room number after work. The booking process was smooth and the agent was so very nice. She discounted our room because it was late in the day and she was very nice. Parking here is a little tricky since you cannot turn left into the parking deck from Biltmore Ave. This is a very urban area so it's not all that unusual. They share parking with a city deck so you have to get a ticket. Be sure to take the ticket with you into the hotel so they can stamp it and you can get out free when you leave. I didn't do this and we have to pay for 2 cars. Check in was smooth and I enjoyed chatting with the front desk. A quick elevator ride and I was in our room. It was exactly like the other rooms at Aloft I have stayed in and I loved each one. The biggest difference was the VIEW.. we had a mountain view room and it was spectacular. I live in Asheville and work downtown everyday but the view took my breath. The room faces the west and sunset was magic. The sink and dressing area was set up for maximum space use and the shower was wonderful. I did notice that the design flaw that is in Homewood is also in Asheville : the shower door leaks and the bathroom floor fills up rather fast. I wish this would be addressed and corrected.
We enjoyed walking down and out onto the street to our restaurant. It was very nice to be able to walk to many fun and interesting areas, if we had chosen. The hotel is in the very heart of all the action in Asheville. You could walk to so many great locations and stores and bars and eateries. I LOVE this location. Aloft is a PERFECT fit for Biltmore Ave. I would LOVE to just check in and stay a week in my own town in the hotel. The BEST was yet to come! THE BED!! My back has been aching for weeks, even after 2 soaks in Hot Springs and the mineral waters there and after one night spent at Aloft and their wonderful beds, my back is great! Best sleep I have had in weeks and weeks. The hotel was very quite and peaceful despite being downtown. I cannot wait to come back. I just discovered they have a 6th floor suite and I feel that I want that for our anniversary in June! If Aloft had been ready in June of 2012 I would have gladly traded my wedding night at Grove Park Inn for the night here. I cannot stay enough good things about this property. It is fun, fresh, unique and upbeat, contemporary, and smashingly well done! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

Room Tip: Mountain view!!! Dont really recommend for families with small children. If you have teens, maybe b...
Hi CBUCHAN,

Wow what a great review and thank you so much for letting us know how your recent stay at the Aloft Asheville Downtown was!!

Our talent works very hard to provide very memorable stays for all of our guests and we love to hear when we do. We can't wait for you to come back and stay with us for your upcoming anniversary in June and enjoy one of our fabulous corner suites. If I can do anything at all for your upcoming anniversary in June please email me at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com as we want your stay with us to be very memorable.

Again CBUCHAN thank you so much for your wonderful comments...

Watertown, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

There really is something here for everyone. In the middle of downtown, night life, to quiet fire and pool outside overlooking the mountains. We stayed as wedding guests and rooms were blocked for us. This gave us a more reasonable price and made it a good value. Without the discount may not have been as happy. Workout room was top of the line. Rooms were very modern and clean. Beds very comfortable. Overall great stay - I would stay again!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
CatherineHarris, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 16 February 2013
Hi tyronmatty,

What a great review about your recent stay with us at the Aloft Asheville Downtown and thank you for letting everyone know. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us while in Asheville for a wedding. We do hope you will come back and see us real soon. If I may be of any assistance to you for future reservations please email me at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com...

Live, Life, Aloft Asheville Downtown....

At your Service,
Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

We had to come to this hotel because we were wedding guests and this hotel was blocked for the guests. We had a little time to get ready for the wedding held at another site. The hotel has odd modern designed sliding bathroom doors that do not give a sense of true privacy. Our door was broken and would not close. We had to have maintenance come to fix it and that kept us from getting ready for the wedding. Also there was a horrible perfumey smell in the room. I was happy that the hotel was non-smoking but I would have preferred that to this gosh awful perfume that must have been spilled onto the carpet. It destroyed my head and both my husband and son were sickened by it. Clearly the room we were given was not in a condition to give to a customer. This shows to me that the management is not in touch with the needs of the customer. When we leave tomorrow I will demand money back for a poor experience. Thoroughly disappointed with The Loft and will never come back.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank swissnut58
CatherineHarris, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Dear swissnut58,

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Aloft Asheville Downtown. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize for the Issue with the door and I hope you were completely satisfied after speaking with our executive team prior to your departure, so we could have the opportunity to make it right. As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments because we are always looking for ways to improve our service. If I may be of any other assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com.

Covington, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

Aloft is right in the heart of downtown and about 4 miles from the Biltmore. The bed was super comfortable and all space is utilized in a very efficient way. The second floor lobby has a fireplace, board games, a coffee bar, food bar and regular bar area. Lots of places to sit and talk in a cozy way. Plenty of tv's over the bar to catch the latest game or news. Only issue we had was noise in the room; we could hear our neighbors pulling the chains to their shades (up and down) as though they were in our room. Other room doors slam when they shut and until everyone was tucked in we were up with them.

1 Thank Paula L
CatherineHarris, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
Dear Paula L,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us at the Aloft Asheville Downtown. Our number one goal is to provide the best service and accommodations for all of our traveling guests. We do hope you will come back and visit us soon and enjoy our location to many great restaurants and shopping in Downtown Asheville.

If I may be of any assistance please feel free to contact me directly at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com, we want your next stay with us to be as memorable as possible. We wish you a great week and very safe travels.

Live, Life, Aloft Asheville Downtown....

Morganton, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

Super place to stay. Close to all the things you want to do in Asheville. Everything was clean and comfortable, staff was super, and over-all the best place we have stayed in Asheville. XYZ Bar staff super and dinner at the Blackbird was also excellent. I think we could have spent the entire weekend in the building.

Room Tip: Not sure there is a bad room.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CatherineHarris, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 9 February 2013
Dear morgantonfire,

Thank you so much for your great comments in regards to your recent stay with us. We do hope you will be back to visit us soon and bring your friends too!!! I can't wait to share your comments with our talent they too love to hear from our guests....

If I may be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com. Have a great day and safe travels.

Live, Life, Aloft Asheville Downtown