Aloft Asheville Downtown
US$136
US$246
US$173
US$152
Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$164
  • Restaurant
Sleep Inn West(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$76
SleepInn
US$406
US$115
US$112
Holiday Inn Asheville - Biltmore East(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$120
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
US$355
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
1,050 results
All reviewswxyz barpool deckgreat locationorange peelreverse osmosisdog walkbagged iceattached garageparking garagefunky hoteldog runcity bakeryhotel is dog friendlywicked weedcity viewfire pitwithin walking distance
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I have never written a review on TripAdvisor but for the exceptional service I received at the Aloft in Asheville, I figured I would need to start. I am a Gold status Starwood member and have stayed at luxury properties across the world. This was my first time in Asheville and I called to request an upgraded mountain view on a sold out weekend (2 weddings). The person on the phone told me the hotel was sold out (which it was) and they may be able to upgrade me but most likely not. When I arrived I was told I had a suite and when I went into the suite, the staff wrote a nice hand written note that told me to enjoy Asheville and my ‘upgraded’ mountain view room. This is the type of service you see at St. Regis / Mandarin hotels and I was impressed to see it here. The hotel is in a perfect location, the rooms modern and clean, very practical with multiple outside spots to lounge, clean water (refillable) to bring into the rooms, a nice pool and fun lobby bar with DJ. This was the best Aloft I have seen and loved the personal Ashevillian touch on it. Thank you to the aloft team for the kind note. This will not be forgotten.

1  Thank Daniel R
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I'm a big fan of the Aloft concept having stayed at the Chapel Hill property many times. What can I say, a funky hotel in a funky downtown scene. Great location for all that s downtown Asheville and in walking distance to anything dwntn. I just wish I could have taken advantage of the rooftop pool and bar

Room Tip: Ask for poolside view which also has western Mtn views
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mts2cWNC
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Hi Mts2cWNC,

Thanks for your recent stay - we're so glad to hear you're a fan of Aloft and that you enjoyed your stay here with us in Asheville! We're happy you enjoyed our convenient location and mountain view rooms. And we do hope you'll come back soon and spend the day lounging by our rooftop pool and bar.

Thanks for staying!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

The hotel is ideally located in the downtown center, within walking distance of restaurants, bars and shops. The rooms were small but modern and functional. The atmosphere is fun and the staff is friendly and helpful. At night the bar was hopping and was a fun scene. They have an outdoor balcony area that overlooks Biltmore Avenue and lots of indoor seating as well. They also have a pool with an outdoor terrace and fireplace with a fantastic view of the mountains. I recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again.

Tips & Other Information

1) Ask for a room on an upper floor to minimize street noise
2) Ask for a mountain view room - the view is fantastic!
3) Parking is $5 per day with unlimited entrances and exits, make sure that you get your ticket stamped at the front desk or you could end up paying more for parking
4) The hotel is pet friendly (most locations in the city are too)! Next time, we will bring one of our dogs.
5) For those who want to help the environment (or be rewarded), the hotel allows guests to opt out of housekeeping service in exchange for food & drink vouchers or extra Starwoods points.

Room Tip: Upper floor with a mountain view
2  Thank Kyotonigel

Dear Kyotonigel,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review and these great tips to help optimize the experience for our future guests. We're happy to hear you enjoyed our fun atmosphere, friendly staff and fantastic views.

Come see us again soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

This is hotel is a gem right in downtown Asheville. It is a little less than a year old and they did a great job with the layout of the place. The lobby on the 2nd floor is probably the best lobby I have been in where you have the wxyz bar, a billiards table, televisions, a snack bar, computers, and a huge outdoor deck overlooking Biltmore Avenue with tables and chairs. Then on the 3rd floor they have a nice pool with lounge chairs and regular sitting chairs as well as some chairs under umbrellas and also around a fire pit which is all overlooking the mountains. Since I mentioned the hotel is super pet friendly (no charge for pets) they have a little fenced in dog run for your dog to go to the bathroom or just run around a little bit on the third floor. The rooms are very nice and modern just like any other Aloft if you have stayed in one before. The staff was very friendly and parking is easy, they include a $5 fee in your room charge and you can come and go as many times as you want. It is very convenient and safe. I dont think it is worth paying the extra for mountain view as the city view is just as good. I would definitely recommend this hotel and we will definitely be back.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

There are quite a few hotels in Asheville with better reviews and ones that will be kinder to your wallet, but if you're looking to experience Asheville's downtown area than this is the hotel to pick. Seated right in the heart of Asheville's downtown, Aloft is located within easy walking distance of numerous shops, restaurants, and cafes. Parking was five dollars a day in the hotel's garage. If you are visiting Asheville, than chances are you will be visiting Biltmore, which is only a ten minute drive from the hotel.

The only issue I had with the hotel was noise, fortunately I had seen other reviews warning about that issue so I made sure to get a room off the main street, away from elevators, and away from the pool. Had I not been located in a quieter area in the hotel I could see how noise may be quite bothersome for some. The fact that parking and breakfast are not included is a disappointment, but one that I knew of when booking the hotel.

Overall, I'd happily stay there again. Be sure to catch a view of the mountains and enjoy the fireplace on the terrace where the pool is located!

Room Tip: My room faced Aston St. While it does not have an excellent view, it is a lot less noisy than facing Biltmore Avenue.
1  Thank talofa91