“Nice, clean modern appeal!”

Aloft Asheville Downtown
Ranked #18 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Layton, Utah, United States
“Nice, clean modern appeal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

My wife and I stayed at Aloft in Asheville for 3 nights recently during a business trip. I was very happy with our room, very clean, and modern, which I like a lot. we were on the sixth floor and it was very quiet and private feeling for us, unlike some reviewers who have complained about the noise. We actually found a discount online and got a great deal, so the price was right for us too. We found it to be a very convenient location, near lots of shopping and great restaurants -- within walking distance. I was surprised that the hotel is pet friendly as we saw several guests with dogs. However, everything we saw was very clean and well kept. Great place for couples! we found our bed to be very comfy and we slept very well. The only negative is that the restaurant in the hotel is more like a cafe -- not much to it. Fortunately, it is close to lots a fantastic restaurants in Asheville.

Room Tip: Get room on higher floor facing the pool side, so as to avoid the noise other reviewers have mention...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Was driving through Asheville on a cross country trip with my dog. I appreciated that this place is very pet friendly-not even an extra fee. I was willing to splurge a little for the great location but I was really disappointed in the noise issue. Other reviews have discussed this, but staying on the third floor in the "city view" rooms means you are left to deal with extremely loud music coming from the second floor bar until at least midnight. Weekday/weekend doesn't seem to make a difference, I was there on a Monday. Last thing I wanted after 10 hours of driving was to hear the bass of loud music and people screaming right below my window.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Amanda F
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Hi Amanda F,

Thank you for your recent stay, and for sharing your feedback with us. We're sorry about the noise disturbances you experienced and will share this feedback with the team to see how we can better contain this in the future.

Once again, we appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us and feedback on how we can better serve our guests.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel is great if your looking for the perfect launching pad for your Asheville adventure. Within walking distance to dozens of brewery's, restaurants, and bars. The rooms are well appointed and clean... The outdoor rooftop pool is also nice.

• Stayed August 2012
Hi Dtacrna,

Thanks for sharing your feedback on your recent stay. We're happy you enjoyed your Asheville adventure and your Aloft experience.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

Every review I read prior to my stay was right on about this location!. You can't find a more perfect hotel that provides access to all the downtown Asheville fun. I feel like I was able to see every store and walk all over downtown, twice during the day. Later in the evening, we walked down the street for a nice dinner. I loved the pet-friendly concept, however I will be honest in saying this is the most expensive hotel I've ever stayed at and although the rooms are functional, they are set up small/quaint. We stayed on July 5 for one night, the price was over $300.00 for a standard king room. Probably wouldn't spend that much again.. however, the location advantage and pet-friendly were probably worth the price. The trendy, contemporary concept was neat and I enjoyed it.

Room Tip: Front street window facing room can be a little loud (traffic). Ask for a room in the back of the ho...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

My SO & I stayed at Aloft in March 2013 and have already booked another stay here for the beginning of August. Despite the chilly mountain air, we walked everywhere in downtown Asheville that I wanted to go (Virtue, Bouchon, Dobra tea, Hip Replacements). I've stayed in other boutique hotels and this one comes out on top for many reasons--comfort, design, and lack of pretension being chief among them. I haven't checked out the hotel bar or the pool, but I plan on doing both on my next stay. Additionally, this price point is reasonable for the boutique experience, in my opinion.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi TheMSeries,

Thanks for choosing Aloft Asheville and for sharing your feedback with us! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and the convenience of our downtown Asheville location.

We look forward to seeing you again in August, and do hope you'll check out our rooftop pool and pool bar!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

We needed to stay for a night in Asheville with our Chihuahua before we headed up to my father-in-law's in the mountains. We come to Asheville often and thought we would try this new hotel because of it's incredibly pet-friendly policy. We were given an "Arf Package" complimentary for our dog (we did have to ask for it - would have been nice if they just offered it, as the website stated)

There is a great dog walking area on the 3rd floor. The smells must be great because our little one went much more than usual! Each floor has a water and ice station with drinking water. Awesome!

The rooms are great! They are on the smaller side but the way they are arranged is very comfortable. We just got back from Europe a few months ago so we are used to smaller rooms. This hotel will definitely be our hotel of choice for our future visits to Asheville!!

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer K
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

Let see, what's not to like about this charming hotel? I honestly can't think of anything. Ok...the pool is a little small I suppose. The shower head does sort of splashes out too much water onto the floor...no big deal!!! Aloft is nevertheless, a really fun place to stay. I booked a 1 night stay for a weekend visit to Asheville/Biltmore estate...and it was a fabulous experience. Our family of 4 just love love love this hotel! For a small hotel, they have fairly good amenities with a very hip bar, restaurant, and breakfast/coffee/snack station. The staff is super helpful and friendly. Kudos to the staff and management :-) As a SPG gold member, I was upgraded to a mountain view room, and received a beverage voucher during the stay. This hotel is very modern, clean, and smack in the middle of all the action in downtown Asheville. The location is superb! Across the street are several Art galleries, shops and it's surrounded by a variety of restaurants, bakeries, and breweries. Oh, did I mention it's also only less than 2 mi from the entrance to Biltmore estate. I highly recommend the Aloft, and when I return to Asheville, I would totally stay there again.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family