“Wonderful Hotel”

Ranked #18 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

My stay at this hotel was wonderful. The rooms are very modern in design, very clean and very comfortable. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. We had decided to stay at this hotel because it is extremely close to so many amazing testaurants and shopping.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
efleishaker, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Hello tlgroff,
I appreciate the review of your most recent stay. We aim to provide our guests with warm, welcoming service and accommodations, and I’m glad you had a positive experience with us. I will pass on your positive feedback to our team and hope you come back again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

This hotel is clean, courteous, and in a great location! I stayed here with 10 other girls for a friends' bachelorette weekend and the hotel was more than accommodating! We rented 4 room with one of them being a corner king bed suite where we could all meet every morning for breakfast and for pre-gaming at night. The parking was attached and very reasonably priced! Every place near this hotel that we stopped in for a drink or to just miss the rain was great! I highly recommend this hotel and when I go back to Asheville I will revisit for sure!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Barnardsville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

Decided to stay with Aloft Asheville to attend Holiday Hometown Jam. Initial reason to stay, convienience ! But I then discovered Aloft was pet friendly. I was SO happy to be able to bring my two little girls! Beds, water/food dishes, treat & toy bags delivered to the room, they were treated as guests as well as me! Eric at check in was very helpful, courteous,professional and prompt! I live (sort of) locally (Barnardsville) and I'm already looking to clear a day or two for a "staycation" for me, my husband and my "girls." A modern hotel, upscale without being pretentious. Every Aloft member reminded me of the charm of the city I moved too! I've been in hospitality and food service/bar tending in this town for years and the fresh faced generosity is a breath of fresh Asheville air! Thank you!!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Hi Lena B,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I’m glad you (and the whole family) enjoyed your stay. We strive to make all four-legged friends feel at home, so I’m pleased that you were able to take advantage of our pet-friendly features and amenities. We take pride in our welcoming and helpful staff, and I thank you for your kind words about Eric. I will pass on your message to my hotel team. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Peachtree City, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Can't beat the location..........near everything in downtown Asheville. It's a little too trendy/modernistic/European for our basic American preferences. Friendly staff and a quick check in. Room was nice, but very modular and angular. It did have a nice, distant mountain view though. Designer washbasin is quaint, but doesn't leave a lot of room for all your bath and bedtime items. Never been a fan of their shower-mounted bath gel and shampoo dispensers. I understand the "green" vibe of the whole setup, but our dispensers were reluctant to give up much of anything. Not a lot of space in the rest of the room to put our 2+ suitcases full of stuff. There was too much to do in Asheville on this visit, so we didn't hit the hotel bar or firepit, although both looked quite nice. It's a dog-friendly hotel and there were a decent amount of dogs around, although none seemed to be a problem. The Aloft is not expensive, but not cheap either. An enjoyable stay overall, but as we age into our 50's, it seems we're more Crowne Plaza/Renaissance/Hyatt people,

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
asheville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

We live in Asheville so don't experience the local hotels. My sister-in-law came for a visit from Santa Barbara, CA and wanted to stay in a nice hotel. The Aloft was new and sounded good from the reviews online. Very disappointing; trendy, noisy; very arrogant, snotty youngsters running the place. If you want a place with a noisy bar in the center of the hotel (without doors) this is the place for you. If you want a nice hotel with class DO NOT stay here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank kdc2900
huntersville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

My wife and I usually take day trips to Asheville and this time we decided to stay over night for our anniversary. We looked into hotels that had a great location (close to restaurants and downtown). By reading the reviews and the location, we chose Aloft. This was our first time staying with Aloft.

We were greeted as we entered the building and they quickly checked us in and explained everything the hotel had to offer. The staff was very friendly! To our surprise, we saw something on our bed. It was a handwritten note wishing us a happy anniversary with paper hearts. Attached to the note were two tickets for a free drink at the WXYZ bar to celebrate our anniversary.

The room was modern and overlooked the mountains. The sleeping area and bathroom was spotless and the bed was comfortable. The room had a small area for a bag and hanging close, but if you had multiple bags, you may have a difficult time storing them.

The location was great! You step out onto the street and you're walking distance to everything. We stayed for two nights and never used our car for the city. We walked everywhere - restaurants, bars, and shopping all around you.

Great stay, friendly staff and close to everything. Aloft Downtown Asheville was amazing and having them say something about our anniversary was awesome!

It's a must stay if you want to be close to everything! We'll be back!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor with a mountain view. You can see the mountains in the distance.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Miami
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

My girlfriend and I arrived at the Aloft Hotel very late in the evening (3am) due to inclement weather. We were greeted by a friendly person at the front desk who gave us all the information we needed to check in and get some rest.

You should know that this hotel is very modern and it has great touches of architecture. However, I did find some things troubling about my stay. One, I was given a room appointed for handicapped persons. While this is not in itself a problem, some of the spaces in the room were odd for me to use. For example, the shower had a very large apparatus meant to help those in a wheelchair shower but because it took up a lot of the space I had a difficult time showering without hitting myself on the apparatus. Two, one of the front desk people was a bit rude and terse the next morning and seemed to be bothered by customers asking questions. Three, the room has very little lighting and that made it difficult to unpack and pack. Either way, the hotel is nice and well located in Asheville so I would recommend it, though I will probably ask for a different room next time...we just did not have the energy to ask since we arrived at 3am.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room! :) Parking is very reasonable at $5. Do yourself a favor and park i...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple