“Aloft - Bachelor Party/Brew Tour”

Aloft Asheville Downtown
Ranked #19 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Richmond, Virginia
“Aloft - Bachelor Party/Brew Tour”
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Rented 4 rooms for our group of 14 guys, 1 corner suite, 3 double queen rooms, 2 nights each. The Aloft Location can't be beat for walking around downtown and hitting up 10-15 bars in 2 days. Wicked weed brewery is like 400 yards away, awesome coffee shop across the street, just great local. Rooms are very nice, kinda small but great for sleeping. The suite is huge, has a separate bedroom, large couch, and dining table. Great for our group to watch some NFL. The Aloft 2nd flr bar, lounge area, free pool table, large terrace are all top notch. Asheville is an awesome place for a bachelor party.
** only concern - very questionable administratively speaking. I Still have not gotten my final bill, been 3 days, I called a few times months after I booked the rooms, to ask asheville questions and they couldn't find the other rms I booked. Then the day of our arrival I got an email saying I had booked 5 rms - had to straighten that out also.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I felt like Royalty the minute I walked threw the glass doors & was assisted by Susan at the front desk whom was very professional & she went above & beyond to explain all the details & amenities that the Hotel had to offer. She also got me cables so that I could hook my laptop up to the 42 inch TV that was in my room. I had a King bed with a balcony overlooking the pool & fire pit & the view of the mountains were spectacular. It's a very clean Hotel/room & I can't wait to return!! The Location is PERFECT!!! Walked everywhere I wanted to go, no problem. Parking deck was easy, didn't use the car until I checked out. The Staff were all very friendly, thanks again Susan for an AMAZING stay & Alex, he was great too! Claudia was very helpful checking out & was quick to give me some Tylenal when I mentioned having a bit of a headache (from sinus pressure). THANKS AGAIN Susan & Aloft!!

Room Tip: Corner suites on a Higher floor seems to be quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

We were excited to come back to the Aloft in Asheville. Our arrival and check in went well. Max in the first floor lobby was wonderful! After that the rest of the stay wasn't the great experience we had the first time we stayed. Our room was on the third floor above the hotel bar. The first night we couldn't sleep because of the loud club music playing extremely late. Also, the hotel allows dogs (which we have but didn't bring). The dog next to us barked continuously night and day. The housekeeping staff was extremely friendly and helpful but the staff in the lobbies (other than Max) acted as if it was a chore to assist us. The bathroom was unclean and several things in the room were broken or damaged upon our arrival. Overall a disappointing trip. We will find a different hotel to stay at the next time we come to Asheville.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank uncangel03
Emily F, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Hello uncangel03,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your second stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed interacting with Max from our hotel team, but I apologize for the other inconveniences you encountered, regarding a barking dog and hotel accommodations. I’m sorry your most recent stay did not meet expectations, and we thank you for your visit.
North Carolina
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Stayed one night last weekend in a king suite. The suite is huge with a fun curvy couch. We loved the decor of the hotel. Location was absolutely perfect on Broadway, the main drag downtown. Staff were fantastic. We were given two free drinks at the bar because our room wasn't ready. Parking was a breeze at $5 a night. Really loved the bar/lounge area. Rated a 4 out of 5 only because it was more expensive than it should be given the amenities. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank trm1745
Hi trm1745,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your positive feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed the hotel’s convenient location, fun suites, and friendly staff. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in town!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Had tickets to the candlelight christmas at biltmore house and chose to stay downtown. Great great location with plenty of restaurants and shops close by. STaff very friendly from front desk to the cleaning ladies. The rooms were very clean, Free wifi. Easy parking and covered. My only disappointment was it was a cold rainy day and we had come in from shopping and walking around downtown asheville hoping to get a nice hot toddy from the bar area and sit by the fireplace but bar wasn't open until 5pm. other than that wonderful hotel, wonderful staff and wonderful location. I was very impressed as this was the first time I had stayed in an aloft hotel. Will definitely add Aloft to my favorite list

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Hampstead, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is a great hotel with very nice accommodations and centrally located. Shopping, dining, breweries are all within walking distance. The room was very clean and spacious. The staff were extremely helpful. We got there several hours before check-in and they gave a room which was great since we had a baby with us. Also loved having free wi-fi.
Parking was only $5 a nite in a garage connected to the lobby of the hotel. The bar had music and dancing (Saturday nite).

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side were quieter. My son had a room facing the front of the hotel and said he co...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed here and it was great. My favorite part was the great atmosphere, fireplace, comfy couches and live music here in the lounge, so much better then the Hotel Indigo.
Great large garage easy parking, friendly staff.

Room Tip: the corner rooms are very nice, great views
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple