“Excellence!”

Aloft Asheville Downtown
Ranked #19 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We reserved one of the Pool Cabana rooms and this past week and LOVED it. The room was European in size, but had everything you would expect in a hotel room: 2 very comfortable queen beds (our request, since we were traveling with a teen), desk, chair, and bedside table tops, mini fridge, closet space and safe.

The hotel has a fun modern look and the Starbucks and bar area were busy most of the time. There is a dog walking area on the pool level; we saw quite a few folks out there walking (and cleaning up after) their dogs.

The staff were all very welcoming and friendly. If location is important to you then the Aloft Asheville will fit the bill perfectly as it's in the heart of it all. As an aside, call the front desk to make your reservation - you might just get an incredible deal on rate. We did!

The only reason we would stay ANYWHERE else in Asheville would be if they didn't have rooms available.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly and ask for any specials they are running. We paid $62/night for the 2nd ni...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MountainMaven
There are newer reviews for Aloft Asheville Downtown

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great location - in the center on downtown Asheville, but not noisy.
Our room on the 5th floor overlooked Biltmore Street, yet it was surprisingly quiet at night.
Very comfortable mattress, contemporary room with actual thermostat. Air-conditioning was pretty loud, though. Nice shower with glass door and opaque glass wall that lets natural light in, no bath tub.
Each floor has pre-bagged ice and reverse osmosis water taps to fill your water carafe.
Wi-Fi is complimentary in the room and throughout the hotel. Each room has mini-refrigerator and safe, also iron and ironing board. Flat screen TV and a list of TV channels (so you don't have to flip through all of them trying to find what's available), including Several HBO channels and Showtime.
My only "beef" is no towel hooks in the "sink area" and no extra toilet paper roll. Ours ran out and we had to call front desk to have another one delivered. The blue soap they give you smells so good!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MargaretS07
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We just stayed one night at Aloft but the location was perfect for experiencing Asheville on foot. The hotel was clean, modern and just right for our stay. The room was on the small size, but we didn't plan to spend our time in the room, so that was great. The view from our room was awesome. The lounge area is very nice too.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FoodieShell
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is perfectly located for easy access to downtown Asheville. We stayed here to see Beck at the Thomas Wolfe Auditorium and we were able to walk to dinner, walk back to our hotel before the concert, and then walk to the auditorium for the concert. It was perfect!

The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Our room was on the small side, but had a great view of the bustling street in front of our hotel and some good views of the mountains. We were there for only one night so the size did not bother us, but would definitely prefer a bigger room if staying for longer. I think ours was a standard king size room. The room had a small refrigerator (which was nice), a safe, no bathtub but a nice walk in shower. The bed was wide because it was king sized, but was not very long. My husband felt like his feet were hanging off the end of the bed and he is not very tall-5'9. There was a large flat screen tv on the wall in front of the bed. The room was small so it made the TV seem big and definitely easy to see!

We had drinks at the bar in the hotel after our concert and it was nice. We sat out on the deck overlooking the street. They had a DJ for Saturday night but he couldn't play too late (i think he stopped at 12pm) due to the noise.

Overall it was a good experience. I would recommend this hotel more for a weekend getaway for couples.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aplemmom81
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Aloft Asheville is the best located hotel in Asheville. Parking is easy and cheap. The rooftop pool overlooks the city. The bar is fun with friendly bartenders and really good food. I honestly have no complaints at all about this hotel. The rooms are simple but very comfortable, and I know we didn't spend much time in our room anyway.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TeddyR21
Emily F, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear TedyR21,
We appreciate you taking the time to share with us, We’re happy to hear you enjoyed the features and amenities at our hotel, in addition to our great location. We hope to see you again soon next time you are in the area. Take care.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Perfect downtown location walkable to all restaurants, shops, galleries. Only needed car to get to River walk galleries. Modern rooms with great beds. Knowledgable front desk young staff who helped with all aspects of our visit first to Asheville. Unique rooftop pool with fire pit to sit around in evening. Also a dog run. Cool bar with indoor & balcony seating available overlooking busy streets. Live music nights & Sat. Night salsa DJ & singer that attracts amazing local dancers is a people watching delight! Indoor garage parking very convenient. Will def stay here again!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Errol999
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Ok, so when I drove up and the Bike Booze bus was blocking our entrance to the entrance - it should have clued me in that this is a very young demographic. I am almost 50 and think I'm a hip mom - my kids would disagree I'm sure- but this was not my scene. After parking my own car and shlepping my luggage up to the 2nd floor lobby/bar/registration area, I was greeted with very friendly and helpful staff. The lobby is a combo game lounge/bar and sitting area - very nice outdoor space to enjoy a beverage or snack but very loud and spartan. The rooms were very clean and well thought out but very utilitarian. I am sure the concept works with the 20/30's somethings; although I was traveling with my 18 year old daughter and she said it was fine but just this side of creepy - not sure which side she meant. There was a nice outdoor pool and "air" space as the hotel described it on the 3rd floor that looked very nice. I think this would be a great hotel for a girls/guys weekend and the location in Asheville can't be beat but it's no Biltmore...nor is it trying to be. At my age, I think I like more amenities but you may want to try it out.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Robin D

Dear Robin D,
Thank you for your review, and we’re glad you interacted with our friendly staff. Aloft is a contemporary brand set apart from the competition by our unique, loft-inspired design and trendy styling. We understand our design will not appeal to everyone; however, we do strive to provide each of our guests with superior customer service and a memorable stay. Thank you for trying our hotel, and we hope the rest of your trip to Asheville was a good one. All the best.