“Heavenly!”

Ultimate Ice Cream
Ranked #23 of 45 Dessert in Asheville
“Heavenly!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

This is some of the best ice cream I have ever had- tried the pumpkin and the molasses gingerbread. It was absolutely delicious, no artificial flavor taste. Definitely plan on returning.

Visited October 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Flavor of the month--yuck!”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This seems to be a must stop during a trip to Asheville, but for the life of me I cannot figure out why. Maybe it was my fault. When we went there were only a few interesting flavors available and I selected the Flavor of the Month--a Mountain Medley. Unfortunately, I didn't sample it. It was awful--dried berries and pecans and honey. It tasted like fruitcake--I hate fruitcake. My wife tasted it and it actually brought up a gag reflex. Absolutely the worst ice cream I've ever tasted. The others in our party liked their ice creams ok, but if you go to Ultimate, absolutely make sure you sample before choosing. I'm not sure they're sampling their own creations.

• Visited September 2013
Traverse City, Michigan
“Best in Asheville”
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Good ice cream and flavor selection. Way better than the Biltmore ice cream, and cheaper. Try this place if you are in Asheville.

• Visited September 2013
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“Ultimate!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The name rings true! Ultimate Ice Cream is an Asheville tradition and has the best and most interesting (and interestingly named!) ice cream in town. Homemade, hand-dipped and served with a smile - a great way to top off a dinner out in Asheville!

Visited August 2013
High Point, North Carolina
“Locals say it's the best ice cream in Asheville”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

but I disagree. We tried several varieties, but I was not blown away by any of them. The shop allows a few benches for outside seating and one or two for inside seating.

Visited August 2013