“A perfect 10th wedding anniversary!”

The Inn on Biltmore Estate
Ranked #2 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 23 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here for our tenth wedding anniversary this year, and we were thrilled with our romantic getaway package. We enjoyed dinner, a bottle of champagne, breakfast on the patio, a tour of the estate, and a walk around the vineyards. The restaurant was one of the best dinners we have ever had, and we felt pampered throughout our stay. We look forward to returning for another special occasion in the near future.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LizCincinnatiOH

Reviewed 21 August 2011

Return visit. Really appreciate the convenience of staying on the Estate.

Room this stay was not as large as last stay, perhaps because we requested a terrace. Room was nicely appointed, good fixtures and products in bath etc.

Enjoyed the small pool area and the lovely views.

Grounds are beautiful.

Easy drive from Asheville airport (20 mins.)

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I can't provide a glowing review. It is a nice hotel.
The first day there was a brisk rain. I was seated on the balcony but moved inside. Within minutes rain was dripping from the window. There was no concern shown by any of the staff.
I was in a suite and in the bedroom there was a droning noise which was a bit disturbing. I did not complain because my tiredness allowed me to sleep despite this disturbance.
I would stay here again, but I would be aware of some limitations.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank DrBrother
Reviewed 18 August 2011

It's truly the way you'll feel when you choose the Inn on Biltmore Estate in Asheville. We are frequent visitors (annual pass holders on our 7th visit this year with tickets for 2 upcoming concerts at Biltmore) and usually we stay at the Grove Park Inn. However, since my parents are visiting from Monterey California and we're celebrating my mother's 70 birthday this weekend, I decided to treat them and ourselves to the Inn on Biltmore Estate. Smartest decision I've made pertaining to our travel all year!

I asked for and received a complimentary room upgrade from a premier king to a deluxe king with terrace for my parents. Although they lost the jetted tub that is standard with the premier king, they loved the terrace and having the option of sleeping with the door open to enjoy the fresh mountain air.

In-room toiletries are from the Biltmore Spa line (love the shea butter lotion!) the beds are super-comfortable (not too firm, not too soft - just right!) the linens are crisp and smell very fresh - like line-dried. I especially appreciated the down pillows and the elegant decor. Another fabulous feature is the separate shower and tub and of course, the spacious bathroom and closet.

The staff at the Inn on Biltmore Estate went out of their way to ensure we were well taken care of and always addressed us formally. We celebrated my mother's 70th birthday with dinner in the dining room - First class all the way... There are simply not enough adjectives in the dictionary to describe the incredible meals we enjoyed. The best advice I can offer is to try it for yourself - I promise you will not be disappointed in any way, shape or form. The Inn at Biltmore Estate is rated 4-stars but it certainly deserves five!

We are on our way back next weekend for the Beach Boys concert and in October we'll be here for Eddie Money - we're adding a kayak excursion through the outdoor shop in Antler Village to that trip! If you can get here before the Tiffany exhibit ends, do it - it's really something to see!

Room Tip: Book the best room you can afford and then when you arrive ask for a complimentary upgrade.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jcbridge
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We stayed 3 nights at the Inn On Biltmore Estate for a special anniversary. We had never been to Asheville or seen the Biltmore Estate so this was a special treat for us. This Inn is the only hotel residence on the Biltmore Estate grounds. There are plenty of hotels surrounding the grounds and in the Asheville area. The Inn has the advantage of being a place where you can take a shuttle to the Estate and to the small working farm, winery and " village". It was very nice to just park our car for the three days and have a shuttle take us to the mansion and the other places. We had driven a bit to get here, so that was a special treat.

My husband and I both felt it was a unique and very special vacation experience, but it was very expensive. The major reason for the expense was my choice to stay in a room with a balcony that overlooked the Smokey Mountains. It was beautiful and I did use the balcony many times during our stay when we were in the room. However, there are only 4 rooms with a balcony so I paid dearly for it. Would I do it again? Yes, since for me that was important and this was a special occasion.

Want to do it less expensively? You can. You can opt for a room that does not have a view of the Smokey Mountains and one that does not have a balcony and pick a week that is one where they are doing specials.

We also selected the Estate Package which gave a lot of extras. If I had had to select again, I would have done it a la carte as I think the Package was more expensive than it was worth.

The hotel is very nice but as I have seen other people say in other reviews, the hotel is very nice but not breathtaking. However, the grounds are gorgeous. Flowers, shrubbery abound and all maintained beautifully. The view is lovely and the idea that you are surrounded by hundreds of acres of this estate is the major uniqueness that the hotel has to offer. It has a very pastoral feel and you do feel like you are away from it all.

The service is good to very good. They try hard to be friendly and helpful and sometimes they may try a little too hard. At times, less is more, if you know what I mean. But that is a small thing to complain about.

All in all: we wanted to mark our special anniversary with an experience that was unique and memorable and the Inn on the Biltmore Estatae helped us to do just that.

Room Tip: Be flexible about getting a room without a room of the Smokey Mountains. Pick a week when they are...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jan c
Reviewed 16 August 2011

This is the second year we stay at the Biltmore with our daughters.
It is a wonderful hotel full of charm and history.
The service is impeccable and everybody is very friendly.
The rooms are nice. One caveat though. You can hear what is going out in the corridors so you are really better off being far from the elevators and not in a room which can connect to the neighboring one.
The pool is beautiful.
There is a unique charm to the Biltmore. We will come back

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank jbeebee
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We have dined in fine restaurants across the country and we have never experienced such wonderful treatment. We hope when we come back, Hank will still be there. We will ask for his section and even if we have to wait, it will definitely be worth it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple