“Simply the Best in Asheville”

The Inn on Biltmore Estate
Ranked #3 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Simply the Best in Asheville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

This was our 13th stay and it always relaxing and charming. The staff is so friendly and make you fell special and welcomed. The room is spacious and the bed comfortable. Looking forward to our next visit.

1 Thank TWB2006SSR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Last year we stayed at the Biltmore Inn to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The Inn is beautiful, the estate is magnificent, the wine sampling was a special treat. In fact, we have ordered several bottles of wine for our home use and to give as gifts to friends. We are now in the process of making plans for another anniversary celebration, and visiting Asheville is a strong contender. So what is the problem? The problem is that staff, particularly the concierge, made us feel uncomfortable and unwelcomed. We were made to feel that we were intruding when we asked questions or directions. I did not write a review immediately, because due to the many rave reviews I felt that perhaps the staff was experiencing a bad week. After reviewing a recent review from a couple experiencing similar problems with the concierge, I realize that this is not an uncommon occurrence. The rates are expensive, but this was our anniversary so the cost was not an issue, however, we received a 3 star reception. Needless to say, we may travel to Asheville, and we may visit the winery, but it is doubtful that we will stay at the Biltmore Inn. It is a pity, because the Inn and the area is beautiful

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank D C
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed for 3 nights a few days following Christmas. The service we received was superior. The decor and ambiance of the hotel is truly amazing. Feels like you are staying at the actual Biltmore. The dinner in the hotel restaurant was superior! Best filet I have ever had.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Suzy L
Macomb, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

When we arrived, the gentleman at the front desk was very friendly. We were lucky enough to be able to check in 3 hours early. This was nice, as we were able to freshen up and be on our way to begin our exploring!
Our first stop was the winery at Antler Hill. The free sampling was a treat! There were many options to try from and we were able to make as many selections as we wanted! We also tried a delicious cheese sampler.
Our next stop, The Bistro restaurant. We both ordered the filet mignon, and it was the best I have ever had!! I have had my share of filets, and this was like butter! Melted in our mouths!!
Our breakfast, which was included in the rate, was a bit disappointing. The buffet was mediocre. What really was disappointing was the service. Our waiter was not at all attentive. Never even received a refill on my coffee, and that was even after asking for it twice! From this point on, we noticed that "some" of the staff were not the friendliest and were not very attentive. We unfortunately experienced this in the bar on our second night there. And again, with one of the concierge, who seemed to be put out by our questions!
Nevertheless, MOST staff were friendly. The shuttle drivers were particularly kind and full of wonderful tidbits about the estate and surrounding 8000 acres of property, they shared each time we boarded!
Our room was small, but very clean.
And the estate...AMAZING!!!
The cons: some less than friendly staff members who were not always attentive; Room prices a bit too high for what you get; shops in the village and the inn had a lot of the same items, not a ton of variety!
The pros: beautiful property and scenic views; amazing tour through the beautiful estate;lovely winery and great food at the bistro. They also had many other options for food on the property!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank georgiegirl42
Belfast, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I booked a King Patio Suite. It was immaculate, the décor was gorgeous and the grounds stunning. I was unable to visit the Biltmore Estate due to my work schedule. However, I did visit the winery and spa.
The Spa is a must to visit!!! It was tranquil and I had one of the best massages to date! The food was excellent from room service to dining.
I would recommend this for any traveler to Asheville, even if you are unable to view the entire grounds.
I look forward to returning and taking advantage of all the amenities and tours.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Nice rooms and great service abound here. I would love to come back and stay 3- 4 days to see everything. The staff is very accommodating for special diets and the views are incredible. I would love to visit the Inn in the spring and winter. The pool is nicely heated and offers a great view as well.

Room Tip: Choose rooms with a view they are premium priced and worth the extra. Stay a couple of days to see...
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Good
Convenient location and friendly staff. The hotel rooms are similar to a JW Marriott hotel room but a bit more ornate with the wall paper and fabrics on the furniture. The JW Marriott is nice but would you pay over $600/night for similar accommodations at the Inn on Biltmore Estate? We did for the convenience of being on the estate. It's convenient to stay on the property but the overall accommodations fall short for the ultra luxury category e.g. FS, Auberge Resorts, etc.

We had an awkward check-in experience with a training employee with the supervisor standing next to the newer employee. She made some jokes and told us she hoped we came back many times in the future. Just a strange experience in my opinion. Do the training on your time, not mine.

I did leave an iPhone in the car and the staff was able to locate and return to our room in very short order.

The bath products aren't luxurious or organic rather some mass produced Gilchrist and Soams soap, shampoo and conditioner labeled 'Biltmore'. Why not consider partnering with a local Asheville vendor to produce some luxury bath products for use in the hotel. No double sinks in the bathroom. Something you'd expect in a luxury category property. George Vanderbilt didn't cut corners on the Estate home. I wonder why the current generation of owners didn't feel the same when building the Inn?

Bad
No door man on duty during busy peak season. The valet telling me the tip wasn't included in the package rate. He explained to me the lot fee was included in our package rate but not the gratuity. I get it. Don't give me a subtle hint you're expecting a tip. It's bad form Mr. Valet. Again, this could be addressed by improved employee training on Do's and Don'ts.

Ugly
Black mold in the shower. I shared this with the Manager on Duty at the front desk and he graciously addressed the issue. I do think black mold in the shower is more indicative of a process failure by the supervising housekeeping staff to inspect the rooms after cleaning.

Summary
My wife and I didn't get the bang for our buck and most likely wouldn't stay on the Biltmore property on a future visit. On a friends recommendation, we did a quick visit to Grove Park Inn located in Asheville. The lobby has character and soul, it's very inviting and a place you'd want to spend time relaxing. I didn't get this vibe at the Inn on Biltmore Estate.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Snouchy