I've always been of the opinion that where you stay is almost as important as what you see, and the Inn on Biltmore Estate did not disappoint! Having arrived in Ashville after dark, it was necessary to find the entrance to Biltmore Estate and drive a dark winding road, past a gatekeeper, to the Inn entrance. I assure everyone that that was the very last thing that might have caused any sort of anxiety during our stay.
Check-in was pleasant and easy,the staff was friendly and the valet parking appreciated. The public areas were elegantly beautiful as was our spotlessly clean, double queen deluxe room. We had a very nice dinner in the Library Lounge that evening, then went to bed early for a good night's sleep on very comfortable beds.
The morning view from our fifth floor window was absolutely spendid, so I was very glad that I had asked for room with a guaranteed view. We had a wonderful breakfast in the main dining room, booked tours of Biltmore House and went there via the hotel shuttle. We had a delicious Sheppards Pie dinner at Cedric's which is in Antler Hill Village, and shuttled back for drinks at the Inn. The next morning was spent enjoying another lovely beakfast and stolling the grounds.
So what really makes the Hotel so special? First, there is a feeling of quiet sophistication in its ambiance and architecture created by the Vanderbilt family. Second, the setting is truly wonderful. I kept having the feeling that I was looking at a painting, especially from our window. The trails are beautiful and the air so fresh that I can see why people used to go there for medicinal purposes.Third, is the total convenience of staying on the estate..no driving,and we were able to charge everthing to the room, even the dinner at Cedric"s, and all tickets at the Mansion.
My recommendation is to spend the extra money so you can truly get the best of what Biltmore has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Biltmore's tradition of warm, gracious hospitality as an honored guest at the Inn on Biltmore Estate. Choose from 210 beautifully appointed guest rooms including nine elegant suites. Flawless service. Fine dining. Marvelous mountain views. A relaxing veranda. Afternoon tea in the library. Other amenities include an outdoor pool and hot tub, fitness center, access to Biltmore--America's largest home--and much more. Concierges eager to assist you. Carefree transportation around the 8,000-acre estate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your The Inn on Biltmore Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On Biltmore Estate Hotel Asheville
- Hotel On Biltmore Estate
- Biltmore Inn Asheville Nc
- On Biltmore Estate Asheville
- Inn Biltmore Estate