We went to The Biltmore Estate the second weekend in November 2013, which was the first weekend of the Christmas Candlelight tour at The Biltmore House. Which was the purpose of our trip there. We decided to go first class and stay at the Inn on the Estate. We had made reservations months in advance for our accommodations, which was a Grand King Room. At that same time we purchased the tickets for all the tours we took at The Biltmore House. We arrived at the gate early Friday evening, they asked for our name and had all our information, gave us a parking pass and directed us to the Inn. We were greeted immediately by bell service, who took our luggage. The valet service, which we had lined up ahead of time, took charge of our vehicle and gave us information on how to retrieve our vehicle when needed. We checked in and bell service delivered our belongings to our room and gave us info on dinning at The Inn. The room was very spacious and beautiful with a mountain view, with The Biltmore House in the distance. The bathroom was beautiful and large with a very good sized walk in shower, a jetted tub, a water closet and a granite counter top with shelving that holds a coffee maker and other items. The towels were very large and luxurious! The room had a seating area with two chairs and a desk area with two chairs, which we used as our dining table when we ordered room service. We had not planned on dinner evening clothes, which the dining room required, so we never ate dinner in the dining room. We ate dinner one evening in The Library, which is a beautiful area off of the lobby area. The menu was limited and pricey. I ordered a bowl of soup and a sandwich croissant, which was delicious. My husband ordered a steak, which was delicious and prepared perfectly, the only problem was it came with no sides, not even bread. Disappointing to say the least at that price! We ordered room service three evenings for dinner and were very satisfied every time. Good selection, fast service, everything first class. Presented beautifully with china, silverware and linens. Even a real rose in a vase on the tray! Enjoyed the room service very much. We ate breakfast all 4 mornings that we were there in the dinning room. The Inn has a beautiful breakfast buffet every morning, which we took advantage of. A chef made to order omelets and many, many other choices with beverages.
All staff were very friendly and helpful. There was evening turn down service in the rooms. They would remove decorative pillows and throws from bed, turn down covers, leave chocolates, a printed sheet of all offerings and times for next day, replace towels, turn on lights, straitened up the room and fill the ice bucket and replaced bottled water. If we were in the room and did not need the service, they would leave ice and ask if we needed anything else. Very nice!
The Inn also provided shuttle service for guests to all The Estates locations, which we took advantage of. All the drivers told stories of the Vanderbilt Family, answered questions, shared information on activities and events offered and shared the history of The Estate. Very informative and enjoyable!!! The Inn even has a Doorman, very friendly man!
We will return to The Estate, to experience a different time of year next time and will defiantly stay at The Inn! If you can afford it, it is worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Biltmore's tradition of warm, gracious hospitality as an honored guest at the Inn on Biltmore Estate. Choose from 210 beautifully appointed guest rooms including nine elegant suites. Flawless service. Fine dining. Marvelous mountain views. A relaxing veranda. Afternoon tea in the library. Other amenities include an outdoor pool and hot tub, fitness center, access to Biltmore--America's largest home--and much more. Concierges eager to assist you. Carefree transportation around the 8,000-acre estate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HRS so you can book your The Inn on Biltmore Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On Biltmore Estate Hotel Asheville
- Hotel On Biltmore Estate
- Biltmore Inn Asheville Nc
- On Biltmore Estate Asheville
- Inn Biltmore Estate