“Perfect!”

The Inn on Biltmore Estate
Ranked #5 of 68 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We are regulars of the Biltmore Estate and my husband decided to treat me to a 3-day-2-night stay at the Inn on Biltmore Estate on my birthday. It was our first stay at the Inn and the experience was nothing short of exceptional.

We were especially impressed that the hotel staff, from those at the front desk to those at the restaurant "The Dining Room", actually addressed guests by their last names (and I am sure we were not on their VIP list). It would seem (at least we felt) like every staffer was notified of our last name and everyone made effort to make us feel special. We had not seen a hotel staffer that was not warm and welcoming throughout our stay.

The room that we had was not very big, but it had a superb view of the Biltmore House and its beautiful surroundings, and a luxurious bed. The bathroom was spacious and delightful, and a rich array of amenities. If there is anything that would enhance an already heavenly stay, it would be perhaps be a bigger rainshower shower head.

We had four meals at The Dining Room - the dinner menus (which seemed to change frequently if not every day) were exquisite and the breakfast buffet was oh so elegant. We were especially impressed that the chef actually decorated my desserts with candles and chocolate "Happy Birthday" writings both evenings we were there (my husband said he only notified them that it was my birthday).

This is a hotel that we will be sure to return. And truth be told, the gourmand in me is already missing the dining experience at The Dining Room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,317)

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I can not say enough how much my husband and I loved our 4day stay! I had seen the photos of room prior to arriving , however very few things exceed what you think when you view pics , however pleasantly for us they did! We loved our stay, the inside was beautifully appointed,very new and CLEAN. I called family to tell them how pleased we were and that they had to come and stay here to experience it for themselves! Thank you for a wonderful stay, some people commented on noise well you will have dome of this I don't care where you stay, we had little and that could not ruin this for me!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janet C
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I have reviewed The Inn on Biltmore Estate multiple times. And while I hesitated to write yet another glowing review, I realized that it's important for travelers to know when a hotel delivers an amazing experience not just once, but time and time again. Everyone that works on the estate is genuinely warm and welcoming. I can physically feel myself relax as soon as we start down the gently winding road that leads to Inn. I envy those that walk out back for the first time; the mountain views will take your breath away. Since this visit was during the winter months, the Inn was quiet and we loved having the downstairs fireplace to ourselves on many nights. No matter the season, we always make it a point to travel the footpath that leads to the winery (there's also a shuttle that will take you if you find the path too steep). Getting to downtown Asheville is easy, about a 10-minute drive. And while I love the estate and Inn, you can't visit Asheville without a visit to downtown, which has a unique charm and free spirit. And foodies won't be disappointed with the selection of wonderful restaurants. If I was asked to recommend just one hotel of the many I have visited, I wouldn't hesitate putting The Inn on Biltmore Estate at the top of my list.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a mountain view room if you can, it's worth it.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cheri H
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This trip was a surprise gift to my mom who had never visited the Biltmore Estate. We booked the Inn as well as the audio & candlelight tour of the Biltmore Estate.
I've stayed at this inn many times over the past few years & we mostly enjoy the grounds. But this time did both the audio & candlelight tour. Both were so lovely.
The rooms are always well appointed with a fresh red rose. I love that special touch.
The only negative on this trip....when we came in from our tour we wanted to have dinner by the fireplace & when we sat down we were told that we needed to move "it was reserved". My mom (being older) was very embarrassed. I've been there many times & never ever had anyone mention "reserving" this sofa. So, we went to our rooms & ordered room service. We would have much rather enjoyed the view downstairs, but my mom felt uncomfortable. I hope that they do a bit of a better job on training the young ladies & gentlemen in that area of the hotel. The rest of the staff has always been fabulous.
We can't wait to return in the spring & summer for the summer concert series. It is not to be missed & a favorite event each year!
Although I did not visit the spa this time....I will tell you that it is quite lovely! I've been to many spa's around the U.S. & this one is quaint & offers monthly specials that are wonderful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tootlepops
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We took our parents there to celebrate Christmas with the Candlelight package. It was just about perfect...house tour, dinner in the stables & Dining Room, easy shuttle service, daily relaxed brunches, wine tasting...until Valet delivered our car (which we had not used since arrival). The car was left in the circle driveway, eingine turned off. When we tried to start it, the battery was dead, the Valet people acted dumbfounded. They had a battery box to jump it, but the battery must have been drained while with Valet for two days, well, if they knew it had just been jumped, why would they have turned it off while idling and waiting for the car to be loaded. Of note, the car battery was less than one month old. It was also disappointing to find that the Valet team broke the notch which holds the piece that supports the hood of the car. I would still go back to the Biltmore, but this was a real disappointment to a nice and very expensive trip.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AnnieDR10
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My wife and I were the recipients of a trip from our daughter to stay at the Inn and view the House and the Estate. This included a Christmas candlelight tour of the Biltmore House which was breathtaking. The House and the surroundings are something to behold. Everyone should view this American icon. Truly an experience which will always be remembered. From the great facilities at the Inn, the superb service from everyone on the staff, and the first class restaurant, this trip will forever be etched in our memories. It was truly a memorable experience which we hope to relive again in the near future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chuck_pittston_pa
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We went to The Biltmore Estate the second weekend in November 2013, which was the first weekend of the Christmas Candlelight tour at The Biltmore House. Which was the purpose of our trip there. We decided to go first class and stay at the Inn on the Estate. We had made reservations months in advance for our accommodations, which was a Grand King Room. At that same time we purchased the tickets for all the tours we took at The Biltmore House. We arrived at the gate early Friday evening, they asked for our name and had all our information, gave us a parking pass and directed us to the Inn. We were greeted immediately by bell service, who took our luggage. The valet service, which we had lined up ahead of time, took charge of our vehicle and gave us information on how to retrieve our vehicle when needed. We checked in and bell service delivered our belongings to our room and gave us info on dinning at The Inn. The room was very spacious and beautiful with a mountain view, with The Biltmore House in the distance. The bathroom was beautiful and large with a very good sized walk in shower, a jetted tub, a water closet and a granite counter top with shelving that holds a coffee maker and other items. The towels were very large and luxurious! The room had a seating area with two chairs and a desk area with two chairs, which we used as our dining table when we ordered room service. We had not planned on dinner evening clothes, which the dining room required, so we never ate dinner in the dining room. We ate dinner one evening in The Library, which is a beautiful area off of the lobby area. The menu was limited and pricey. I ordered a bowl of soup and a sandwich croissant, which was delicious. My husband ordered a steak, which was delicious and prepared perfectly, the only problem was it came with no sides, not even bread. Disappointing to say the least at that price! We ordered room service three evenings for dinner and were very satisfied every time. Good selection, fast service, everything first class. Presented beautifully with china, silverware and linens. Even a real rose in a vase on the tray! Enjoyed the room service very much. We ate breakfast all 4 mornings that we were there in the dinning room. The Inn has a beautiful breakfast buffet every morning, which we took advantage of. A chef made to order omelets and many, many other choices with beverages.
All staff were very friendly and helpful. There was evening turn down service in the rooms. They would remove decorative pillows and throws from bed, turn down covers, leave chocolates, a printed sheet of all offerings and times for next day, replace towels, turn on lights, straitened up the room and fill the ice bucket and replaced bottled water. If we were in the room and did not need the service, they would leave ice and ask if we needed anything else. Very nice!
The Inn also provided shuttle service for guests to all The Estates locations, which we took advantage of. All the drivers told stories of the Vanderbilt Family, answered questions, shared information on activities and events offered and shared the history of The Estate. Very informative and enjoyable!!! The Inn even has a Doorman, very friendly man!
We will return to The Estate, to experience a different time of year next time and will defiantly stay at The Inn! If you can afford it, it is worth it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple