“Trail ride horror”

Ranked #2 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Belleair, Florida
“Trail ride horror”
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Be careful if you take the Biltmore's trail ride. My friend and I went on a morning ride with 2 other people. A mom and her daughter. We were all on quiet horses until the trail guide lost control of her horse and she fell off. Her horse did a 180 towards all of us. Full stampede on a narrow trail we all were off the horses leaving me with broken ribs, bone bruises and advanced arthritis in my hand. The mom was taken away in a ambulance. The Biltmore's reply was "horses will be horses and you signed a waiver". Nice P.R. They would not even refund our money till we called their HR dept.

Stayed July 2013
20 Thank C S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Reviewed 2 February 2014

This place is over the top in service. The room are average as far as size, but they are beautiful. The staff calls you by name everytime they address you and seem to really care that you are there as a guest not just a paying customer. We had room service and it was some of the best I have ever had as far as food and service. Wish we could have stayed long I think we both could have gotten use to that life style.

Room Tip: They offer packages for the House and Breakfast it was well worth the money.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I have been to Asheville before, but this was my first visit to Inn at the Biltmore. What a great experience. Service was amazing, and with the shuttle around the estate, was very easy to visit everywhere easily.

Business event was held here at the estate and was very well organized. Even a private evening tour at the house!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Taylors, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are annual pass-holders of Biltmore Estate and took advantage of the special rates offered for this month at the Inn. We have been to the Inn several times for dining but have not stayed there as overnight guests before. It was wonderful!

One big attraction of the Inn for me is the atmosphere in the public areas, as well as the views. My personal favorite spot is on the couch in the Library right in front of the fireplace! We also enjoyed the terrace our first night watching the sunset , made comfortable by portable heaters. All of the staff was incredibly helpful and friendly.

We enjoyed the convenience of shuttles to and from the main house as well as to Antler Hill Village. These were always right on schedule.

We had absolutely no complaints with our stay at the Inn and hope to go back again next year.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Stacie B
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 January 2014

If you're looking for glitz or bling (does anyone use that word anymore?) you won't find it at the Inn on Biltmore Estate. This is more like a low-mileage Rolls Royce from the 1990s, back when Rolls was still hand-built at Crewe, England.

Everything is in good taste. Everything works. Everything fits. Staff is friendly, but not pushy.

In the high season in summer or October, you'll pay a pretty penny to stay here -- $300 or $400 a night or more. With tax, valet parking ($18), tips, breakfast and perhaps dinner it will be much more. But we're annual passholders and took advantage of the $109 weekday double rate (plus tax) in deepest winter and parked our own car. For that we got a very tasteful fifth floor room with two double beds. It had lovely views west over a small vineyard and Antler Hill to the mountains at sunset.

Our room, like most of those I've seen at the Inn, isn't large. but the beds are remarkably comfortable, the shower purrs and there a few amenities such as Keurig K-Cup coffee maker, designer toiletries, robes and slippers, and free wi-fi. There are also free shuttles to the House and Winery, though unless you buy a package just staying at the Inn doesn't include admission to the House, though you have access to the grounds, gardens and much else that makes Biltmore special.

We had dinner in the Dining Room (reviewed separately), which was very good.

The hotel wasn't full, but neither was it deserted, with quite a few people in the Library dining area, bar and the main Dining Room. It turned out to be a beautiful day, sandwiched between two very cold periods, and we did tour the Biltmore House before checking in, even though we've seen it many times before.

Let me put in a plug for the 12-month pass. It's an extraordinary bargain, especially if you live in or near Asheville. Even if you're from out of town and only plan to come a couple of times a year, you'll save money and get unlimited visits to the House, grounds and gardens. Besides the unlimited free visits (not including the Christmas nighttime tours) you get some other benefits -- for example, discounts on dining and in Biltmore's shops. I'm not sure what the rate is this year, but when we bought our passes last year I think they were $79 each. Look for special offers, and if you enter on a regular rate currently you can upgrade your ticket to a 12-month pass for (I think this is right) $49 while you're on the estate.

Room Tip: You'll save a fortune by coming offseason, especially January and February.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank LanSluderBelize
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I can only compare my stay with a top-of-the line cruise ship trip Everyone at the hotel is so attentive!! The rooms are beautiful, the views are gorgeous, and the food is great!

I admit the hotel is pricey but worth every cent!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We are regulars of the Biltmore Estate and my husband decided to treat me to a 3-day-2-night stay at the Inn on Biltmore Estate on my birthday. It was our first stay at the Inn and the experience was nothing short of exceptional.

We were especially impressed that the hotel staff, from those at the front desk to those at the restaurant "The Dining Room", actually addressed guests by their last names (and I am sure we were not on their VIP list). It would seem (at least we felt) like every staffer was notified of our last name and everyone made effort to make us feel special. We had not seen a hotel staffer that was not warm and welcoming throughout our stay.

The room that we had was not very big, but it had a superb view of the Biltmore House and its beautiful surroundings, and a luxurious bed. The bathroom was spacious and delightful, and a rich array of amenities. If there is anything that would enhance an already heavenly stay, it would be perhaps be a bigger rainshower shower head.

We had four meals at The Dining Room - the dinner menus (which seemed to change frequently if not every day) were exquisite and the breakfast buffet was oh so elegant. We were especially impressed that the chef actually decorated my desserts with candles and chocolate "Happy Birthday" writings both evenings we were there (my husband said he only notified them that it was my birthday).

This is a hotel that we will be sure to return. And truth be told, the gourmand in me is already missing the dining experience at The Dining Room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple