The Inn on Biltmore Estate
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$124
Country Inn
Clarion Inn Biltmore Village(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$132
US$116
Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$118
US$201
US$177
Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$173
  • Restaurant
The Residences at Biltmore(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$129
Hotels.com
US$293
Autograph
  • Restaurant
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
US$276
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
2,346 results
All reviewslibrary loungeantler villagebiltmore estateterrace roomshuttle servicebed and breakfast packageaudio tourbreakfast buffetcandlelight tourturn down serviceshuttle busmountain viewbeautiful propertyglass of winenorth carolinasegwayvalet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Driving to the Inn is breathtaking. Check in was gracious. My first room was akin to The Bellagio in Vegas. If you did not look outside, you would think you were at the Bellagio. A little worn, but pleasant; the worn part was concerning because of the pricepoint. When we arrived, the Inn was not filled to capacity. Asked specifically for a quiet room two months earlier when making the reservation and confirmed it days before arriving. Was given one with an adjoining door and a loud child next door. At Residence Inn, I may expect this. At this premium property, I expect more. Price ought equal consideration in proportion. At 10:30pm, the child was noisy and hitting the wall. This was neither luxury nor worthy of the price.

I called the Frond Desk. They offered to move me immediately. I inquired how they could have put me next to one of the few rooms with a small child. No explanation other than oversight. I was not going to move at the late hour, so we agreed to move the next morning at our convenience. Indeed, the move was accomplished without incident. The new room was absolutely lovely. Not a single complaint.

The public rooms are gorgeous and the staff could not have been more solicitous or gracious. From the Front Desk to the breakfast staff to the Library Lounge staff, all were beyond expectation. The gentleman who provided turn-down service was excellent, the door man was excellent, the bartenders were excellent, the housekeeping staff was excellent. If you read my reviews, you know I do not throw compliments around recklessly; in fact, this place's staff is top notch.

Of course, the experience ought be proportonate to the price paid; it is a bit confounding how the second room far surpassed the first. The furniture in the first, as mentioned, was worn and the room tiny. The bathroom shower, which was freestanding, had barely enough roon to turn around. It was the smallest shower I have seen anywhere. Nothing about the first room would have made me write a good review or would have caused me to be a return guest. Instead, I would have felt I paid a premium price for a run of the mill Vegas-type room. Thankfully, I experienced the second room. The single complaint I have about the second room is that the entertainment center was on the wall to the right of the bed (described as one would find it if reclining on the bed). This was the only oddity. I was not there to watch much TV, so it was not an issue. But, it would make watching TV for any length of time quite difficult.

Prices for drinks, meals, etc. in any of the venues are quite high. You wil pay a premium for the experience. Expecting that, you will not be disappointed or dismayed. (e.g.: 2 cups of decaf, 1 creme brulee and 1 bread pudding = $35)

The pricepoint overall is akin to The Breakers in Palm Beach. The experience is not exactly up to par with The Breakers, but nearly there. The staff, I believe, and the common areas, are the draws at the Inn on Biltmore. Breakfast Buffet was adequate, nothing special. Again, the staff was sterling and the real draw of the breakfast buffet, as well as the setting.

It is an excellent experience if you get a good price and a good room.

Room Tip: I wish I knew. it is the luck of the draw, I suspect!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TravelBluegrass
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We spent three nights at the Inn recently and loved our experience. The property is gorgeous with amazing views and several outdoor areas for guests to enjoy. We dined at the restaurant on the lower level which was delicious and much better than I expected. There are many activities to enjoy, a small village, a winery and a shuttle that will take you anywhere on the property. We enjoyed the Webb suite which is highly recommended. Our only critique was the staff at the Library Lounge who provided poor service and a poor attitude. Staff in other areas were exceptional so I'm not sure what was going on in the lounge, but on the three occasions we visited there the staff was rude and service was incredibly slow. Aside from this hiccup we enjoyed every other part of our three night stay,

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelgal1220
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We booked a short stay here and had a most wonderful time. The Inn is first class, 5 star all the way. We loved all the public areas here, especially the back patio. Our package included entrance to the Biltmore house, which we loved. There is free shuttle transportation all around the property, which is extensive. We also enjoyed the café at the vineyard, and spent a good amount of time there.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robert w
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Tonight amidst North Carolina’s rolling hills at dusk at this superb Inn on Biltmore Estate, I enjoy the same panoramic view that George Vanderbilt experienced, albeit from a slightly more modest abode than George’s lavish Biltmore Estate with its 250 rooms! Nonetheless, the Inn is opulent in its own right, atop a hill with Antler Village situated below and Cedric’s (named after Vanderbilt’s prized Saint Bernard) where we ate as well as the winery where we sampled several fine Biltmore vintages, purchasing several bottles to take home.

In the evening, we sip beer in the large high-ceilinged Library Lounge with big windows for the view, attended to by an extremely polite and knowledgeable server, an excellent place to while away the time amidst the beautiful Christmas decorations spread tastefully throughout the hotel.

Our room is cheerful and attractive as one might expect. The service is wonderful from start (valet parking) to finish (our check out). Would that we had more time to roam around the spacious grounds which offer a tantalizing, gorgeous view as one approaches by car. You know that you are in for a treat.

Room Tip: insist on a room with a view of the lovely hills at the rear of the building.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike K
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Lovely setting as the only hotel on the Biltmore Estate. Hiking and Biking trails leave directly from the hotel. I really liked for a luxury property the did not nickel and dime you. Free wi-fi, free self parking and free bottles of water were nice extras. Really beautiful views from all parts of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family