“It could not have been better!”

The Inn on Biltmore Estate
Ranked #3 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 11 July 2014

After touring the Biltmore Estate, my wife and I decided to go and have what we perceived to be a grand experience - lunch at the Inn of Biltmore Estate. We knew it must be good since everything had been first class to that point. When we arrived and entered the hotel, we were promptly escorted to our table. Given the option for lunch in the Dining Room or on the Veranda, we opted for outsides and what a clever choice that turned out to be. Lane took excellent care of us and the food and beverage were just amazing. I had the Cobb Salad, topped with Fried Green Tomatoes. My wife chose the Grilled Cheese and added Black Forest Ham. The name does not give credit to the incredible sandwich piled high with scrumptious Gruyere cheese, applewood bacon, tomato, and the best homemade multigrain bread I've ever eaten. Paired with a glass of Biltmore Estate wine, it was perfect. Oh, did I mention that you can literally see for miles? It was the highlight of our trip and we will return again. That's a promise!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank battleship60
Write a ReviewReviews (2,297)

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We recently spent three wonderful nights at the Inn and were pleased as usual. We have stayed many times before and always leave satisfied and looking forward to our next visit. Staff is attentive, friendly, and courteous and facilities are immaculately kept.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Brilliant experience in a wonderful setting where it was difficult to imagine what place on earth we actually were living in for two days.So luxuriously relaxing at every facet of the property.
Only criticism of an otherwise fantastic sojourn was the lack of attention to detail from the kitchen which could do better - a meat was not cooked as requested yet was allowed to go from kitchen to guest and the next night the accompaniment did not come at the same time as the main meal.Both situations were rectified but ought not to have occurred.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dandave
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed for two nights with the intention of exploring Asheville. Never left the grounds. Great hotel from check in to check out. Totally efficient and helpful staff. The Biltmore Estate has activities of all descriptions--far beyond touring the mansion. The hotel room was very comfortable with a great view of the mountains. Drinks in the Library, dinner and breakfasts in the Dining Room, room service--all first rate. Will return at first opportunity.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I visited Asheville with my son and his wife and six year old son. I chose this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews. Our entire experience was perfect. Check in is very professional and speedy. The lobby and reception areas are impressive with wonderful views from the terrace. We purchased a package, which I would recommend, that included breakfast, tickets for the house tour, a souvenir book about Biltmore estate and the house, and complimentary shuttle service around the estate. This proved to be an excellent weekend vacation. Biltmore estate and this inn are both family-run enterprises, and the loving, personal details are evident everywhere. The food on the breakfast buffet was very high quality and the service was excellent. The Vanderbilt grand and great- grand children are involved and live on the estate. Their taste and attention to detail are what make this a great hotel. We had connecting rooms and found our accommodations to be perfect in every way. This is a new, modern hotel that still retains an old world charm. We were so glad that we decided to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kfg14
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Inn for our anniversary. I have to say that for the cost, I really felt that the room was average. We booked a king room with a view and a balcony but the room and bathroom were very small and the finishes were plain. The shower was small with an average sized jacuzzi tub - my husband mentioned us taking a bath together and I said there was no way that we both could fit in there - or the shower (and we're both in shape average sized people)! I've stayed at many hotels that were the same price and cheaper that had far more luxurious finishes. I also felt that it was missing any sort of charm or character that I thought it would have, being associated with the Biltmore Estate. We did splurge on a couples 110 minute massage which was wonderful (and we paid a pretty penny for) but I felt that they were intent on upcharging us...asking several times to add items on ( I mean how much more can you add to an almost 2 hour massage?) and then trying to get us to buy the products afterwards. The next day the maid service knocked on our door twice before checkout, the first time being around 8:30 AM - I mean we weren't able to check in until 4PM the day before and are already feeling harassed to leave. We then went to the concierge to buy tickets to tour the Biltmore - silly me, thinking that they might give us a slight discount since we stayed at the hotel. Nope. Not one cent. I asked if we could get the discounted price that is offered online and the gentleman acted like it was absurd to even ask. It was like a $10 discount, big deal to make a customer happy right?! Nope. Bottom line, it's a nice hotel that is convenient to the Biltmore. Don't expect anything more than being treated like a typical tourist who doesn't know value or expect high quality. I would not stay again, I'd just make it a day trip to drive up to see the Biltmore.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Morriah M
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is exquisite in every way. Worth the money. Lots of amenities. We stayed for two nights and never left the property. The meals were excellent and lots of variety. All of the staff was very accommodating. Look no further if you are looking for a first class hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014