“Outstanding Service and Value With Package”

The Inn on Biltmore Estate
Ranked #2 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My Wife and I spent two nights at the Inn on Biltmore Estate for our Anniversary. I initially thought that the Inn was a little pricey, however, when you consider all that is included in the total package, i.e. Breakfast at the Dinning Room, Shuttle service anywhere on the Estate, Free entry to the Biltmore House, Free Audio Tour of the Biltmore House and overall 5 Star Service at every Restaurant, Lounge, Valet, Housekeeping and quality it is true value.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KennethBrooten

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We are checking out this morning. We came for the weekend to show our 12 year old Biltmore. I bought the Biltmore tickets in advance and I have to say picking them up at the group sales office may have been the best service we received all weekend.
When we checked into the hotel the from desk clerk seemed put out. I asked about dining options and she said " the dining room is formal " as she looked over at our 12 year old in shorts. I can assure you, we know how to dress for dinner.
The room itself was decidedly average. It's the smaller than a Hilton Garden Inn room ( although not by much). The two double beds are just that- not queens. The bathroom is very plain except for the ornate shower curtain. The water pressure is poor and the toilet sounds like a jet engine when flushed. The room's one redeeming feature is the view ; it is lovely.
Our first evening we ate in the Library Lounge. Our waiter, Kevin,tried hard but he was slammed and had tables seemingly all over the place. The French onion soup was very good. The fish and chips were lukewarm and very, very, bland. Our daughter's cheeseburger was very good. My husband ordered a dessert to go. He had paid for the whole meal and waited another twenty minutes before walking to the maître D's stand to ask about it. The maître D seemed put out to have to help him and retrieved the dessert for him with no more than a " here you go sir".
We tried the hotel breakfast buffet the next morning. It was good, but again, not exceptional. It was fairly priced at $19.50. We did have to laugh - for all the front desk clerk's condescension, there were a lot of people in baseball caps ( a pet peeve of mine I admit) in the dining room.
We used the shuttle service to go to the House. The shuttle runs every half hour and was fine. The House itself is impressive but on a Saturday in the summer was packed. If we come back it would be on a week day.
After the less than exemplary dining at the hotel we decided to go to Biltmore Village for dinner. We had a great meal at Fig!
In summary, there are pros- the views, some of the staff is excellent, the shuttle service is convenient.There are cons-'the rooms are small and cramped, the bathrooms are not what one expects at this price point and the F&B food and service are inconsistent.
Had this been a $200 a night hotel I would say it was excellent but at almost $500 a night - no way.
Tips: keep your white " charge card" with you- everyone wants to see it, ask for a higher floor. Our room is on the fifth floor which helped the view a lot.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank nisajoy
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

From the moment we saw the hotel on our way up the drive to driving away it was simply out of this world. Service in the restaurant to the rooms so elegant. Staff were so helpful we cs recommend this hotel to everyone. Just go and enjoy.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stevie1003
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is a beautiful hotel. The staff are most polite and courteous. They have a shuttle for guests to take you to the Biltmore House and other places on the estate. There are walking paths around the grounds. My time there was short but very pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a lovely 12th anniversary trip to this property. Awesome staff, great dining, everything was perfect. They even mailed our swimwear back free of charge after we left it behind. Biltmore is worth seeing, stay on property as we did. Worth the splurge.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Shantel L
Reviewed 13 July 2014

You know you are going to a special place as you drive up to the grand entrance. It's a very nice addition to the tour at the Biltmore Estate. The staff is very pleasant and well trained. The rooms are expensive in my opinion, but it's was a good splurge. There really isn't anything I can say that could be improved other than we had to wait until the 3pm check-in time which was about 2 hours after we arrived. The hotel is it's own "destination" along with the Biltmore Estate and the Village below.

Room Tip: Ask the view from the room when checking in. some are better than others.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2014

After touring the Biltmore Estate, my wife and I decided to go and have what we perceived to be a grand experience - lunch at the Inn of Biltmore Estate. We knew it must be good since everything had been first class to that point. When we arrived and entered the hotel, we were promptly escorted to our table. Given the option for lunch in the Dining Room or on the Veranda, we opted for outsides and what a clever choice that turned out to be. Lane took excellent care of us and the food and beverage were just amazing. I had the Cobb Salad, topped with Fried Green Tomatoes. My wife chose the Grilled Cheese and added Black Forest Ham. The name does not give credit to the incredible sandwich piled high with scrumptious Gruyere cheese, applewood bacon, tomato, and the best homemade multigrain bread I've ever eaten. Paired with a glass of Biltmore Estate wine, it was perfect. Oh, did I mention that you can literally see for miles? It was the highlight of our trip and we will return again. That's a promise!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family