“Pricey weekend, but would do it again in a minute....and Stay Longer!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Inn on Biltmore Estate

and 1 more site!
The Inn on Biltmore Estate
Ranked #3 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Raleigh, NC
“Pricey weekend, but would do it again in a minute....and Stay Longer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Inn on Biltmore Estate the weekend of August 7-9,2009 in a king sized bedroom overlooking the pool/ grounds and estate in a "room-only reservation". This meant we did not have estate admission to tour the inside of the house, but we were able to eat lunch at the Stable, get ice cream, and see the grounds. Both of us had been inside the home before so this trip was more about "getting away and relaxing in luxury" as opposed to sightseeing. I was 26 weeks pregnant at the time with our second child, and I knew a "get-away" would be a long time coming with two children.

Unfortunately, I kept thinking prices for the weekend would go down, but with my luck, they went up the morning I booked the room, and we ended up paying $320 a night instead of the $290 that was listed as special when I looked on-line at 10 pm before going to bed. During the week, rooms were going for as little as $220 a night that week. I really wanted to stay there and since we have a three year old who stayed behind with his grandmother and we only had these two nights guranteed for her to keep him, we didn't have the luxury of going during the week for a better rate. It was disappointing to know that prices for the same room was so much lower the day after you leave, but I guess that is tourism. I've stayed in a lot of luxury hotels (Ritz-Cartlon, Four Seasons) for what I "call good deals" so I was concerned on this trip that I wasn't getting a good deal. My husband doesn't really care about hotels and would have been fine at the Renissance in downtown Asheville so all he knew was this weekend was costing him a lot more in the end. But, his attitude changed upon our stay, and he highly recommends this hotel and so do I.

It was a wonderful stay. The newly renovated room and bath was delightful and so comfortable. We did get hot under the duvet though at night, and we think that our room temperature may have been off a little, but we didn't bother to call to ask or have it checked. We were extremely happy with our stay, and we have to rave about the food on the Biltmore Estate. We were very lazy, and with my being pregnant, we ate every meal on the estate, and found it to be extraordinary. We only left the estate for half an hour just to see downtown Asheville, and we would have had dinner in town on that last night, but we could not get reservations til way after 9 pm so instead, we came back to our hotel, and ate on the terrace. It was a fantastic night.

We would definitely stay in this inn again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank TarheelTraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (566)
Appleton,Wi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2009

Our one night at the Inn on Biltmore Estate was truly magical and memorable. The entire staff is absolutely top-notch. I can't recall better service at any other place I've stayed. The Inn is beautiful, the rooms so very comfortable, warm and welcoming and the food was outstanding. When we return to the area, we absolutely will stay at the Inn on Biltmore Estate again, we'll stay longer next time!!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2009

If you're going to visit the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC, you might as well stay at the Inn on Biltmore Estate. A beautiful 4 star hotel for a decent price. Added perks - book your hotel stay with tickets to see the estate - for a great price. Call Reservations for pricing, as it varies from the website.

The room was perfect - clean and luxurious. Plush bathrobes for 2 and an ultra comfortable bed.

Great dining options on premises. You can't go wrong.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2009

My husband and I were absolutely delighted with our stay at the Inn at the Biltmore. We had wondered if the expense would be worth it, and I can honestly say it was worth every penny. The staff could not have been nicer--each and every person was friendly and helpful. The Inn looks as if it has always been on the estate. We had a room with french doors leading to a small outdoor seating area that gave us views of the mountains, the river, and the beautiful rose-filled area right outside our window. We had a reasonably-priced room service breakfast sitting outside on our terrace. The lobby is spacious and welcoming, with outdoor seating area adjacent. The paths lend themselves to strolls through the beautiful scenery. There is a shuttle bus that takes Inn guests to the Biltmore House and other estate locations. This hotel has it all--beautiful location, great accomodations, professional and welcoming staff, and good service.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Clarkston, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2009

We recently traveled to Asheville for the first time for a friends wedding. It was a perfect spot, and one to which we had been. The city had so much to offer, and we especially enjoyed the historic walking tour. Easy to do in an hour or so, and took you passed not only the historic, but also fun things, and many shops and restaurants. The bride and groom had planned events at two places in town, and it was a fun way to get to know the city. The Inn was amazing. They were married on the "Vista" overlooking the Inn, with reception at the barn, which was very upscale and not at all "barny". Service was top notch, even though there were 7 weddings there that weekend. We would put this o our list of plaes to go again, which is a very restricted and special list as there are so many great places to visit.

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sixtytogo
so cal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2009

we just got back from biltmore inn and can't say enough about this hotel, especially the service. didn't get there until late in the evening driving in from charlotte and actually finding it in the estate in the dark was a bit of a challange. the exterior i have to admit is nothing to write home about, but the lobby was very well appointed, warm and inviting.

our room overlooked the "back" of the hotel, which would be the better view as the front looks mainly at the entrance and parking area. our room looked over the hills, the vanderbilt home with the hotel pool to the left (our room was 550, no balcony but really nice view). the rooms are small, but really comfy beds, large bathroom but small shower and very small tub. again, nicely decorated and a coffee maker which is always a plus in my book.

the food in all the restaurants was very good. the "library" (lobby) had great menus all day, the bistro at the winery was wonderful and the dinning room was terrific with the service being outstanding. i would'nt hesitate going back to this property especially the located if you are really interested in all things on the estate. one more thing, if you are a runner (or walker), do hit the trails on the estate, they are not to be missed. actually found myself running on one of the wooded trails along side baby deer, needless to say, the beat me to the finish:)

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2009

This was a surprise 50th birthday trip from my husband and how wonderful it was. I felt like I was royalty. The accomodations and service could not have been better. The dining experience was very elegant, my compliments to the chef. The spa services were also a special treat. We had such a wonderful time we have scheduled another trip to see the estate for the holiday season. If you want to enjoy a special stay, I would recommend you stay at the Inn at Biltmore. D. Sherwood

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple