“Cute private Bungalow gettaway”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Moonbeam Bungalow
Moonbeams Sweet Grill Out Area! :)
Moonbeam Kitchen- New AC/Heat unit installed above fridge
Inside of Moonbeam
'Moonbeam' Kitchen
Moonbeam Bunk
Inside of Moonbeam- Handmade bunk bed:Queen on top/Full on bottom
Inside of Moonbeam
Candle Burning Fire place inside of 'Moonbeam'
Inside of 'Moonbeam'
Spiral Staircase in Moonbeam, up to loft longe/ bathroom area
'Moonbeam' open bathroom area in Loft
Loft Lounge- Upstairs
Courtyard
walking out back to fire pit area
Fire Pit Area
Outback Fire Pit Area.
Satellite Bungalow- inquire here or see our separate listing for more pics/info
'Satellite' Bungalow- Add on or rent separately. see our separate listing
Front Entrance to the Satellite Bungalow.
Satellite Bungalow
Starry night at the Bungalows
Magic Rick Hammock
Get your HooP ON :)
Parking Area
Driveway- steep but paved (no need for 4X4)
The Moonbeam Bungalow -
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Jessica L
Atlanta, Georgia
“Cute private Bungalow gettaway”
Reviewed 30 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013

My husband, two pugs and I recently stayed for 2 nights in the Satellite Bungalow. It was a nice weekend gettaway we had in order to do Christmas together early, as our schedules were to prevent us from spending actual Christmas day together.
This bungalow is comfy and cozy and we really liked it. We had no issues with the WiFi, had a little cell coverage. Some movies to watch (we did watch one) and a very cute bathroom. The electronic keypad on the door was great and so easy to use, especially in the dark rain! Some little paths carved into the hillly woods behind the place that you can walk up/explore. I do wish I had booked earlier and gotten the larger of the two bungalows, because with Christmas presents and dog crates, we were a little cramped in the smaller space. Alas, this is no fault of the place itself, maybe I could've planned a little better on my part. Also on this particular weekend, it rained and poured the whole time, so again - no fault of the bungalows' but I would make sure you are going to have some nicer weather if you are headed here!

I'd love to give the place 5 stars but there were just a few things I'd mention..

Cons:
- The bathroom has a bathtub, but technically is not a shower. It DOES have a detachable shower head/hose, but unless you are hand-holding it, there is nowhere to attach it above your head (and I wouldn't want to do so and make a mess with the water, as the tub is not enclosed). As a female, I love baths! But my husband does not.
- Behind the main door there was a sign that said Towels for Hot Tub with a hook, but there were no towels here. (I didn't want to use the nicer bathroom towels for going into the hot tub)
- Parking is a little tricky - both us and our Moonbeam bungalow neighbor had trucks and the space at the top of the driveway was jussst big enough for both. Once you are up there and there is another car parked, you may not be able to turn around - meaning you have to back down the steep driveway backwards (and on this particular weekend, in the rain!)
- Our neighbors for the weekend were quiet and peaceful which was great, but I'm pretty sure they did not pick up their large dog's poops in the common area at all - both nights I stepped in dog poop that did not belong to my pugs (we are very diligent about scooping poop), meaning I was fumbling around outside in the rain trying to get my boots off and then had no place outside that had cover from the rain to leave them.

Thanks again for the stay. Just wished we had better weather! (Can you tell I'm still mad about the rain? :) )

PA
Reviewed 17 December 2013 for a stay in October 2013

A romantic getaway
NC
Reviewed 4 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013

A romantic getaway
rashidfar...
“Lovely little cabin in the mountain!”
Reviewed 25 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

We enjoyed our stay in the Satellite Cabin of the Moonbeam Bangalow. This is perfect setting for a couple and this being our anniversary, we enjoyed the secluded quiet atmosphere. There were no cellular coverage in the area, but the Wifi was pretty good. We used our tablets, cellphones and laptops to stay connected with our kids back in Atlanta online and ti worked pretty well. The instructions were detail and we liked the echo-friendly setup of the establishment. We will definitely consider this property again when the two of us make the next trip in the Asheville area.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The efficient setup and location
Liked least: No cellular coverage
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway
vyletsara...
Jefferson City, Tennessee
“One of a kind experience”
Reviewed 16 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Everyone in our group was buzzing with excitement when we pulled up to Moonbeam. It was a little adventure exploring our new courtyard and surroundings. So many unique little details to be seen! Beautifully, artfully decorated! Staircase is surprisingly secure and does not waver at all! The adult size bunk beds are absolutely the best, such fun to sleep in one. We used the hot tub, fire pit, hulu hoops and tiki torches. Only two hitches: yoga deck was gone and the toilet upstairs is open, with no walls to close it in. It was fine for us, since we are a family, but with parties of friends, could be awkward. I can't say enough about Grace, the owner, she went above and beyond to accommodate me and my party, even arranging for us to have the bigger bungalow at the last minute when I needed to change plans. She was so easy, peaceful and great.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Peace and beauty of the place, the outdoor area as well as the decor of the cabin
Liked least: Found dog hair in lower bunk sheets
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Families with young children People with pets
NC
Reviewed 29 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Ian H
Daphne, Alabama, United States
“not what i expected”
Reviewed 1 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013
people found this review helpful

These bungalows for are certain people, we are not among them. While they are nice in own right, my wife and i didn't care for them that much. The pictures don't truly show what to expect upon arrival. there are not full curtains on the windows and people can see right in the area where the bathroom is and where you sleep. The road getting there is a single lane dirt road, and a VERY steep paved driveway and small parking area at the top. If you have a full size truck there is not enough room to turn around at the top. We did have a bit of an ant problem while we stayed. The hot tub was absolutely great the first night but the other bungalow guests filled it up the next two nights. The fire pit was also very nice. There is a TV but there was no cable to watch anything. The bath tub is just that, a tub. The futon bed was alright, a little too hard for our taste. I know some people that would like staying here and would enjoy the seclusion and small bungalow, unfortunately it wasn't for us and what we thought it was going to be like, but making the reservation was very nice and easy.

Liked best: hot tub
Liked least: lack of privacy and bed comfort
Older travelers
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;