“Great Food & Sports Bar”
Review of Hickory Tavern

Hickory Tavern
Ranked #178 of 784 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
North Carolina
“Great Food & Sports Bar”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We always enjoy dining at Hickory Tavern. We have enjoyed many of the menu items without ever being disappointed. The burgers are excellent and the homemade tavern chips are not to be missed........ best homemade chips I've had. Prices are reasonable and atmosphere is fun. Great for families with children of all ages.

• Visited April 2014

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Happy hour oyster a treat”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Ashley was able to get out oyster on the half shell and boiled shrimp on the books before the Happy Hour pricing closed. She was on the ball heard our order, looked at her watch and said, I will be back for the rest but I need to get this in now to get the price. Service was prompt and professional. Food was well worth the charge. Place was busy for a week night . Outside seating a big plus.

• Visited May 2014
Candler, North Carolina
“Excellent sports bar!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Great food, cold beer and lots of fun. Staff is fun and engaging. Food was awesome, especially the fish/shrimp taco's.

Visited February 2014
Weaverville, United States
“A Good Sports Bar”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Hickory is one of our favorite places to watch sports. They have TVs all over the place.
Get there early on NFL sundays. You can watch any game you like.

The food is good, but a bit spotty. The oysters are outstanding. I also recommend the sandwiches.The salads are good.
I think the chili and pizza are among the worst of those I have ever tasted.

They have many draft beers. The bar is a good place to sit, as you can see many sporting events on the many TVS in view there.

• Visited November 2013
Cincinnati
“When I think "hickory" it isn't this place”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I were heading to a movie and thought a place called Hickory Tavern would be okay. We thought, you know, paneling, a wagon wheel chandelier. Not this place. This place is in one of those "lifestyle malls" so it is essentially a slightly more upscale TGI Fridays, with TV's everywhere. Think sports bar, not chuckwagon. Still, service is better than average. The menu is huge, so nothing seems like a signature dish. I got the black and bleu burger. It was very good; cooked right, with a lot of bleu cheese and a nice blackening spice on the burger. My husband got the wings, which were huge, but not remarkable. My side chips were forgettable as well, even with the spicy dipping sauce. So, this place suited our needs. It was super close to the movie theater we were headed to right after. We just thought it was something it was not, based on a name that seems a little more country and western than sports bar.