“Best gallery in Asheville”
Review of Grovewood Village

Grovewood Village
Ranked #8 of 195 things to do in Asheville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Grovewood Village is housed in the historic weaving and woodworking complex of Biltmore Industries, adjacent to Omni Grove Park Inn. Our 11-acre property, celebrating its centennial this year, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and includes Grovewood Gallery, working artist studios, Golden Fleece restaurant, the Biltmore Industries Homespun Museum, and Asheville's only antique car museum. PLEASE NOTE: Free parking is available on-site. Museums are closed during the winter months of January - March. Grovewood Gallery is open year-round.
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We did the whole art scene in Asheville. This remains our favorite gallery with a great selection of local arts and mountain craft. Tip - excellent free antique car museum next door.

2  Thank wwtraveler_10

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We visited here last year and enjoyed the cars on show. I took photos of them all and then lost my camera. On this return visit to Asheville we made a point of going again.
The cars are delightful and the descriptions on each stand provide interesting information on the history as well as some technical details. Many also employ quirky humour which will make you smile. There is something for everyone since even non petrol heads will surely enjoy the nostalgia. I did and I am not American, but of an age that many of the vehicles were familiar from movies and particularly film noir. A visiting family asked me to take photographs as they posed as gangsters. Fun. I also have a new set of photographs to take home.
It is a charming, unfussy little place and simply delightful to visit even for a half hour.
The admission is free, the staff is extremely friendly. Please leave a donation, it is so worth it.

1  Thank Fifer7
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The artisans that are represented here have a unique view of the world, I think. There are many useful pieces here, and some purely decorative, but all are quietly elegant. We also had lunch at the little restaurant next door, which was equally wonderful.

1  Thank fibersong
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My husband and I had some time to kill before we played golf at the Park Grove Inn, so we stopped at this welcoming store and museum. We rarely agree on art so it was a real surprise when we agreed on so many beautiful pieces. The Arts and Crafts pieces were particularly well done. Many local artists are represented. We purchased three items, including a wind sculpture which were shipped to our home. No problems with shipping whatsoever.

The staff were very helpful and lots of fun. Be sure to make time to come to the Grovewood Gallery when you visit Asheville.

1  Thank parallel40
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This gallery is off the beaten path but is worth a visit. The gallery features local artists and has a variety of quality items from jewelry, pottery, furniture, glass work, fabrics and more. The staff is knowledgable and friendly. After shopping, the Grovewood Cafe next door has delicious food.

1  Thank raglandgene