“Freaky, Wonderful Eggplant Spiedino”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Strada

Strada
Ranked #95 of 781 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Asheville, North Carolina
“Freaky, Wonderful Eggplant Spiedino”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

My sister-in-law suggested this place for Eggplant Parmesan. They don't have that, but they have something called eggplant spiedino; it consists of stacked eggplant, tomatoes and mozzarella with a good number of delightfully spiced tomato halves--all sitting on a bed of angel hair pasta (ask for the angel hair instead of the regular spaghetti) in one of the best sauces I've ever tasted. Equally good was the fig appetizer--stuffed figs wrapped in prosciutto. And the flourless chocolate cake was amazing. I am still tasting this wonderful meal. Bravo!!

• Visited December 2013

“Nice Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Went here for lunch... love the ambiance of the restaurant. The service is attentive and very pleasant. I had the grilled cheese special with soup. Both were delightful. I would definitely go back and I plan on it the next time I am in Asheville- for dinner!!!

• Visited December 2013
Knoxville
“Italian perfection in the heart of Appalachia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

Asheville is a mecca for craftsmen and artists – this has recruited a unique constituency and engendered a certain ambiance that includes restaurateurs and cooks that regard service, presentation, and the cooking (that gives meaning to everything else) an art. So our B&B hosts introduced us to one of their favorite places. Strada staff welcomed us warmly and gave us the best available table. drank a recommended excellent but modestly priced Regaleali Rosso. Manager Anthony visited to be sure we approved. Lasagna is my “reference point” for a new Italian restaurant – excellent! And Kathy is on some version of a paleo diet she tried to explain to the server –who knew all about it! Later cook Cameron came by to see if what he concocted met her approval: it did! Every busy restaurant has a distinctive background sound mixing music, talking, and laughter –when I had the presence of mind to let the sound wash over me, it was great! Happy people (including well behaved kids) and clinking glasses of people with lots of blessings to toast – one of which was surely this place.

• Visited October 2013
North Carolina
“Wow. Amazing Italian. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Fabulous food and wine menu. All pastas made in house. Excellent service . The grilled caesar salad was fantastic. Portions very large, so consider smsll portion, especially if you want dessert. Can't wait to go back.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Simply Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

While in Asheville for a a Girls Weekend trip my friends and I stopped in at the Strada for a late dinner. We had no information about the restaurant ahead of time - we were walking down the street and it was open, but so glad we went in for dinner.
We started off with the bacon wrapped grilled figs - I rarely eat figs, but if they were always prepared this way I would eat them all the time.
I then ordered the Grilled Florentine Ravioli. It was nice that they offer a full serving and a half serving because I am a lighter eater, but also because it was a late dinner and didn't want a huge portion. The two large raviolis that came with the half portion were perfect for me. The sherry tomato cream sauce that was on the ravioli was so delicious I used the fresh baked bread served to the table before dinner to soak up every last bit.
Service was good and attentive. This was a great find and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good meal while in Asheville.

Visited November 2013