“Older motel. Clean. Pricey for the quality.”
Review of The Beaucatcher

The Beaucatcher
Ranked #28 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Older motel. Clean. Pricey for the quality.”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Very basic old hotel.

Pros:
Location
Clean sheets and towels
Doesn't have a grimy feel in the rooms

Cons:
Expensive $130 for a room ($65 would be appropriate in my opinion)
Older motel with antiquated smell

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank DaveN131

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 September 2012

My partner and I arrived on a Friday evening. We pulled into the motel and we were the only car we could see. I went in to get our room key. I had booked through Priceline and was going to pay cash when I got there, because you didn't have to pay for the room through Priceline, you could pay once you get to the motel. When I checked in they had already run my credit card, so paying in cash was not an option. So we unload the car head upstairs to our room. I unlock the door and the smell of mold and musk would have knocked anyone down. we decided that since we had already paid, lets take a shower, get out of this dump and only come back to sleep. So we head off to take a shower. We turn the water on and it comes out brown. I am not sure if it was coming from rust or dirt, either way it was nasty. Once the water cleared up, we turned the shower on to which water began spraying everywhere. Once we contained the water by closing the curtain to keep it from spraying the entire room, we proceeded to take a shower. by the time we both ahd taken a shower, me being the latter of the 2, the water was almost to my knee and almost to the top of the tub. The water was not draining out of the tub properly. We get dried off and and as we are putting clean clothes on, we noticed the roach crawling over the wall. By this time, I had taken all I could take. I went down stairs to talk to the lady at the desk. I explained to her all that was wrong. She said that the owner would not let her give a refund, but she could put us in a different room. I didn't want to have anything to do with another room at this point, I just wanted out! She again told me that she could not give me my money back.
Needless to say, we left and found a room at another place for the night. As we were leaving we drove past the back building which obviously was what was keeping the place open. Nasty looking people living in the rooms out back. The only thing I can say is that this motel needs to be burned to the ground!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
16 Thank Jon H
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Customer service Was horrible, Where is the health department on this one, walked into the room turned around and walked out, Went straight back to the office to cancel, And now in disputes with them over the charges they refused to retract on my visa. I will give this a negative -10

The fix was going to Crowne Plaza they gave us a reduced rate after telling them what happened at the Blue ridge motor lodge

Room Tip: Crowne plaza was a great fix, even gave us a reduced rate after telling them what happened
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank ed h
Wise, Virginia
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Me, my wife and our kids stayed at this motel from July 27-29, 2012. This was the weekend of Bele Chere in Asheville. To be honest, I picked this play solely based on price. Even with the elevated pricing of ALL hotels in and around Asheville (due to the festival), this place was still under $100/night. So, price-wise this place was a real deal.

The motel is at least 40 years old. It has the ambiance of the classic motels from the 60s and 70s. All the rooms are accessed directly from the outside using ACTUAL keys. These two facts were enough to make the kids question my sanity for staying in such a place. The room was clean and serviceable. The air conditioning, toilet, and shower all work and worked properly. The beds were comfortable and the free wireless was free and easy to set up. The carpet and walls were older and some minor repairs were needed in the baseboards and other cosmetic areas. My only major complaint is that the sliding glass door (which leads out to the gravel-filled pool) was a conventional sliding glass door with a normal pop lock and no "charlie" bar.

Check in was quick and efficient. The desk guy was having problems with the credit card machine but he allowed us to go ahead and get in the room without a hassle. We needed extra towels and those took quite a while to arrive at the room but I'm pretty sure this joint runs on a skeleton crew at all times.

The motel is less than a mile from the Asheville Mall, extremely close to a Food City w/ a Starbucks. We were able to walk to Downtown in about 30 minutes or so.

Overall, this place is exactly what I need in a motel/hotel. A good bed, A/C, shower and working toilet. What more do ya need?

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family