“HIGHLY Recomended Coffee and Pastry cafe”
Review of Filo

Filo
Ranked #21 of 45 Dessert in Asheville
Description: local cafe/bakery, owner Maria Papanastasiou
Description: local cafe/bakery, owner Maria Papanastasiou
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have heard of Filo by other locals for a while now but haven't made time to stop in. Boy was I wrong to take my time discovering their magic. I absolutely love this place now. Their Coffee, Lattes, and baked goods are top quality and it's apparent the chef takes pride in what she does. I had a black and tan latte(chocolate and caramel ) and it was so good it needed nothing added. The atmosphere is just what you want and expect from a coffee shop. Cute, quiet, comfortable, and friendly service.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Was dying for some dessert tonight after dinner in downtown Asheville,driving to our hotel I saw the sign for Filo that included the word pastries. So I made a u turn. It was right at closing time but they were very gracious and served us dessert. The three of us each had Avery delicious dessert. My favorite was the tiramisu. I will be back.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

What a great little spot! Excellent coffee drinks, an extensive tea assortment and some darn fine pastries too. If you are looking for a spot to stop and relax, have a pastry, cup of coffee, visit with a friend or just read a book, this is a great little place. They also have a small "back room" for folks who want to hook up their computers and do some more serious work.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Maria and her staff did an excellent job with the wedding rehearsal dinner on November 15th. The food and atmosphere was excellent and it was a blessing to be able to walk in to such a lovely place and not have to worry about decorating it, cleaning up, etc. as there were so many things I already had to do for the wedding. It was just lovely and the service and food were excellent! Thank you so much Maria! I hope other people will consider Filo when planning special events.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Filo is a laid back coffee house with delicious specialty coffees and yummy baked goods. I go there for the macaroons! They are the best I have ever had. The atmosphere is comfortable and clean, the staff is good and I love the outdoor seating when the weather is nice. You can sit in the shade and watch the traffic on Tunnel Road. A really nice place to go with friends if you want to sit and chat over a great cup of coffee.

4  Thank Work2Go