“Beautiful hidden courtyard and sweet crepes!”
Review of Creperie Bouchon

Creperie Bouchon
Ranked #122 of 784 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: French
Spartanburg, SC
“Beautiful hidden courtyard and sweet crepes!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I've been to the Creperie Bouchon twice now. The first time I stumbled on it by accident; I was shopping on the street and happened to see the sign on the sidewalk. I was curious as to what was down the little brick lane and went up to check it out. I was charmed by the outdoor courtyard and all the flowers and greenery around so I decided to give it a try. It was a good decision! I've had the sweet crepes twice now, one was a bananas foster (so delicious!) and the other was a chocolate and nutella crepe. Both were excellent and not overly filling. I can't speak to the other items on the menu because I've only had the sweet (not the savory) crepes, but the sweet ones are awesome. And bonus, it's in a really beautiful outdoor setting on a cool street! I would definitely stop by here again.

• Visited August 2014

“Not what you would imagine.”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Really, I mean reallllly. Have you ever thought to yourselves, why did we come in here? The menu out front depicts a different theme. In less than one hundred feet the theme changed. Mediocre at best with the stench that is reminiscent of a greasy spoon diner. The food the same. Oh wait the hot dog and fries were the only thing that was elevated to a classic bistro status. My wife order the "quiche du jour," questionably roasted chicken, green beans and tomato. Each was lacking, but there was a whole lot of quiche. I had a salad that was to be with shrimp (frozen) and then it turned out to be a mundane salad that you could order at Lubys, Frys, J&S...... Any cafeteria. Not excited about this place. I here the muscles are good. The question is will they taste like I would imagine they should taste?

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Please open one here!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

These gluten free crepes were a revelation. The flavours and the options and the... everything... was perfect. More than one of our party of six wished that the place was near our homes and so I beg these people to open one in Brighton, England, Charleston, SC and Manchester, NH!

Visited July 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great all you can eat mussels”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

A small restaurant in the alley next to Bouchon. At 8 pm on a Tuesday we were seated right away, but got the last table. The special on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday was all can can eat mussels (available in 5 flavors). We chose Parisienne and Mediterranean and were not disappointed. We also selected a bottle of house french white wine - a bargain for $20 and were happy with that also. A great dinner for $52 before tip and taxes. We left full and happy.

• Visited July 2014
Asheville, North Carolina
“Best Ham and Cheese Ever!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I went to Creperie Bouchon one Sunday with some out of town guests. It was one of those sweltering southern summer Sundays. We needed quiet, shade, hair of the dog and a place for the kids to be comfortable. Creperie Bouchon offered all that and then some. We all ordered something different and every single person was impressed. The crepes were interesting and fresh, the french fries(Pom Frites) were OMG good, especially for the hangovers among us but the Croque Monsieur was out of this world! I'm not one to go for a simple fattening ham and cheese usually, but it called my name that day and I'm so glad. Now I dream about it.

• Visited July 2014