“Salt Cave was a marvelous experience”

Asheville Salt Cave
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience a unique oasis, a salt enriched microclimate which allows the body and mind to gain relaxation, rehabilitation and balance. The power of salt therapy has been known for centuries to be beneficial in the treatment of respiratory ailments, cardiovascular issues, nervous system disorders, skin problems and digestive complaints. Come experience a special place for rest and healing. We offer massages, energy healing sessions, hot salt stone massages, and Aromatherapy Salt Glow service.
Asheville, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Salt Cave was a marvelous experience”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I received a gift certificate to the Salt Cave and I enjoyed the experience very much. The entire environment is tranquil and relaxing and the cave itself was very relaxing and stress-busting. You can choose to sit in an extremely comfortable chair or on the floor with pillows. Soft blankets are provided in the cave. The lighting, water fixtures and music all added up to an incredible experience. I have asthma and when I left I could actually feel an improvement in my lungs, the salt air was like being at the beach- loved it. The gift shop is also lovely and the staff members are all extremely nice and knowledgeable. I will definitely return to the Salt Cave for more sessions.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank CarolinaBroncoLady
525AJB, Owner at Asheville Salt Cave, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
We are delighted that you had such a positive experience at our Salt Cave. We have recreated the microclimate of a salt mine to help your body and mind rebalance and begin to heal itself. Multiple visits will bring greater healing, less stress and positive vibes into your life.

Naples, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Take the time to try this”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

While on vacation in Asheville, my husband and I found ourselves running around town trying to squeeze as much as we could in our 3 short days. While scanning local brochures I found an ad for this salt cave. We had never tried anything like this before. The ad also provided a bogo coupon so it was a no brainer.

As soon as we walked in off the busy street we were greeted by friendly staff. The salt cave is beautiful and it's nearly impossible not to relax while you're in there. Truly enjoyable. Dimly lit, salt from floor to ceiling and soft soothing sounds playing in tandem with the corner water falls. My husband fell asleep during the 45 minute session. I would definitely do this again.

Visited March 2014
4 Thank Rachel I
525AJB, Owner at Asheville Salt Cave, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
So glad you found us on your recent visit to Asheville and that you made time in your busy schedule to relax and enjoy the benefits of a salt cave session. Many people are so relaxed in our cave that they allow their natural sleep cycle to take them to a truly restful place, as did your husband. We look forward to seeing you again when you are back in Asheville.
Swannanoa, North Carolina, United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Total relaxation”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

This was a great experience. The salt cave itself, was so pretty and relaxing. It's very easy to quiet your mind while enjoying the benefits of the Himalayan salt. I would recommend doing this. It's a great atmosphere and the staff is wonderful.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Marlene M
525AJB, Owner at Asheville Salt Cave, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
So glad you enjoyed your visit to our salt cave. Glad you found it to be relaxing. Look forward to seeing you next time you are in Asheville
Linesville, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“So relaxing”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Everyone in my group enjoyed the salt cave. I will do this again if I am ever in Asheville. Next time I will add a massage!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank MissLa21
525AJB, Owner at Asheville Salt Cave, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
We are delighted that your group enjoyed their salt cave session. We look forward to seeing you and your friends again next time you are visiting Asheville. The ultimate relaxation is a massage in our Healing Arts Room followed by a 45 minute cave session. Our cave is constructed in such a way that the healing micro climate affords you the ability to spend just 45 minutes and have its benefits equivalent to 4 days at the ocean. It's like a mini vacation for your body and mind. Hope to see you soon.
Waretown, New Jersey
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“The most relaxing experience!”
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

We live in NJ and my Husband wanted to experience this particular salt cave. It is way different from the rest. There is a great retail and reception area, walk up a few steps and that is where you are able to enter the one of a kind salt cave. The entire space is set up so well. I scheduled a massage for my a Husband, while I enjoyed a session in the salt cave. I am not one to relax easily, at all! But Jen came in to inform me of the benefits of the salt, it's origin, etc. She then started a short meditation, then left the cave to let me relax on my own. I was on there for an hour. I listened to the water features and the wonderful music they had playing. At first I looked all around at all the details, for it is so interesting, the way it was crafted. I then drifted into a deep relaxation, while I did deep breathing techniques to really let the salt into my lungs. It was a wonderful & unique experience. My Husband absolutely loved his massage. The massage therapist took extra care to pay extra attention to his shoulder and areas that specifically bother him due to working in construction. It was the best massage he's ever had. I ventured into the retail area after my
Session. And purchased an amazing salt lamp which I love, and other really great salt items. I bought the salt deodorant crystal and was really surprised at how well it works! I highly recommend this place, it is a wonderful experience with really great employees.

6 Thank Biki
525AJB, Owner at Asheville Salt Cave, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed both your salt session and massage. Please be sure to tell all your friends who may be visiting Asheville in the future to come check us out to see how we are different from the other salt caves or salt rooms they may have experienced before. The best compliment you can pay us is to tell others about how terrific your experience at Asheville's Therapeutic Salt Cave was. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in town.