“Great Gyro!”
Review of Nick's Grill

Nick's Grill
Ranked #577 of 823 Restaurants in Asheville
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Nick's has been in Ashevillle for over 30 years but these were my first 3 times in as many days. The first time was with my nephew, his friends, and his mother to celebrate a big promotion at his work. We each ordered different things from their surprising broad menu. I had a BBQ plate which was very good. Several others ordered Nick Burgers -- quarter pounders with a wide range of options. My sister ordered a Gyro and insisted I try a piece. WOW! I had tried gyros at other restaurants but this was ten times better. I returned for lunch the next day for a gyro of my own and took my wife there the next night. She agreed: best gyro ever. Nick's is not perfect. They are rehabilitating a run-down restaurant in a run-down part of town that is undergoing urban renewal but it is clean. We dined inside but the atmosphere was ruined by the conflicting music of the Muzak, the cook's radio, and ESPN TV all blasting the small interior space. The food is good enough for me to return but for take-out next time.