“Very, very cool place but tricky to find”

Wedge Brewing Company
Ranked #40 of 194 things to do in Asheville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Established in 2008, the Wedge is a neighborhood brewery with two locations in the heart of Asheville’s River Arts District. The Wedge serves as a gathering place for people of all ages and walks of life to laugh, exchange ideas and drink Wedge beer. The Wedge is a community crafted by the people of Asheville.
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We loved this place once we found it. GPS wasn't helping so I finally called; turns out the brewery is at the back of the building my GPS found, and one floor down (due to the lot's slope). So we were ready for a drink, and found great beer and great atmosphere. Except for the beer, everything is really outside, with kids, dogs and people playing games. There was an excellent Korean/Mexican food truck that is worth a visit on its own (El Kimchi at facebook.com/ElKimchi--get the spicy pork rice bowl--bim bam boom??)

There are newer reviews for Wedge Brewing Company

Reviewed 25 November 2013

My friends and I stopped here briefly on a tour or Asheville this November. We sampled a couple Belgians, which were quite good. The atmosphere was also very cool. It was a chilly night, but we stood outside playing cornhole while we drank our beers. There is not much space inside, so I would not recommend going unless the weather is such that you can hang out outside. There was a good truck (we didn't try), and several people hanging out outside with their dogs. Very nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Located in an old factory in the River Arts District, Wedge is the craft brew place to go in Asheville. There's a small bar pouring a rotating variety of beer and cider, so try to visit in nice weather. All the action's outside on a porch and patio decorated with industrial sculpture, Kids chase each other, dogs wander and musicians strum away. There's usually a food truck or two. Adding to the atmosphere, a train will likely rumble by on the nearby tracks. Wedge pumps out some of NC's best craft beer and it's not distributed. This is the only place you can get it.

1  Thank ken123
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Great beer flights, known for the Iron Rail IPA, lots of outdoor space. Peanuts and games. River Arts District. Boom baby.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

The wheat beer was awful - the Oktoberfest was yummy according to my husband but this place was filthy and looked like a Post- Apocolyptic Junk Yard or 80s version of the Post- Apocalyptic future. I get there being a theme- but you can have one and be clean. I don't suggest this unless you like dogs tied up (not with their owners) and dirt yards with broke down trucks. It would have been ok had the beer been good but no....I was shocked at the number of people there with the miserable time we were having. Pass. There are a ton of other better breweries in Asheville.