“Good sushi but worst Pad See Ew” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #264 of 775 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Sushi, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Greenville, SC
“Good sushi but worst Pad See Ew”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I am not a Thai connoisseur, but I have had enough Pad See Ew at other places to know that the dish I ordered the other night hardly qualified. It was oily and bland -- bland, bland, bland. The only flavor on the plate was the broccoli, and that's just because it tasted like broccoli.

The sushi however was good. We ordered the sushi appetizer, and my husband ordered the Biltmore roll, which was very tasty.

Overall, it was a disappointing experience for me, and with so many other dining options in Asheville, I would be hard pressed to go back.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Guaynabo, null, Puerto Rico
“Fresh ingredients..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Fresh ingredients.. Nice Bento Box for lunch although chicken was dry and overcooked. Beef teriyaki was extremely undercooked and fibrous..
Sushi was very good. We tried the Sweetheart, it was goood!!
Bathroom needed some attention in terms of cleanliness. There were used paper towels laying on the counter and in the floor evidence that there wasnt a supervising schelule.

Vero Beach, Florida
“Get ur chompers on Champa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stir fry was very good and the Pho was excellent. Started out with sushi which was quite fresh. Service was excellent.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Solid all around restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

This place is in the middle of many great restaurants and has tough competition. I think it will be fine. It has a great atmosphere, an interesting menu, and good service. I had the hot and sour soup and red curry chicken. All the food was great.

New York City, New York
“Wonderful sushi!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

My friend and I sat at the sushi bar for dinner and received excellent service and top notch sushi! I'm a bit of a sushi snob myself. I'm from New York and have had my fair share of expensive sushi, and I've also spent a good deal of time in Japan. I was so impressed with their salmon sashimi, we came back the next day for lunch! It was the kind of salmon sashimi that just melts in your mouth, so buttery and flavorful. The white tuna was also excellent. And I'm not generally a fan of any roll that has tempura, but the Godzilla roll was surprisingly good! I guess I'd recommend this place more for the sushi than for the Thai element...I only had some Tom Yum soup, and it wasn't very authentic. Still tasted good, but not what I was expecting, compared to a restaurant that serves exclusively Thai food.

Visited April 2014