“Owner needs to learn people skills”

True Confections Asheville
Ranked #18 of 25 Bakeries in Asheville
Cuisines: Cafe, American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
“Owner needs to learn people skills”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Had a cappuccino and macchiato at True Confections this morning. They were very good, but the owner seemed to have a chip on her shoulder, telling me very nastily that my drink wouldn't be like Starbucks. Every comment I made or question I asked, she answered rudely. Then when I attempted to swish my little espresso cup with a dash of regular coffee, she jumped all over me, completely embarrassing me. I truly did not think I was out of line, every other coffee place will let you have a small refill of regular coffee if you buy a specialty one. Her bakery items looked really good, and I always support local businesses, but this place needs an attitude adjustment before I'll be back.

• Visited October 2013
6 Thank Karen K

“Great Morning Bakery - Wonderful quiche!”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

A lovely little bakery one block off the Asheville downtown square. My wife and I were looking for outdoor tables to enjoy a morning cup of coffee and maybe a bite to eat. We stumbled across Carole's bakery in mid morning. My wife says "This is the type of place that might have a good quiche. Sure enough, they bake several types of delicious quiche that's worthy of a Parisian café. I chose a broccoli and ham with plenty of cheese. My wife chose spinach and caramelized onions with cheese.

True Confections has a good assortment of pastries and great coffees. I would highly recommend this place for a morning or lunch visit. They offer a variety of sandwich wraps, ice cream sandwiches, and soups.

Outstanding!

• Visited October 2013
“Worth the Weight!”
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Stopped by today while touring Asheville. The peanut butter pie is highly recommended! It was creamy and delicious, well worth the weight!

Visited September 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Peanut Butter Heaven”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I was looking for a dessert place during a quick stop in Asheville, and this place did not disappoint. The shop was understated, but cute. They have a few tables outside where you can people watch while enjoying your treat. Everything looked delicious, but I couldn't resist the peanut butter pie. It was by far the best peanut butter pie I've ever tasted. The crust was crunchy, the filling was light and not too sweet, and the dark chocolate ganache was rich and smooth. The piece was also huge. I ate half and took the rest home. It was well worth the $4 I paid, and I will be returning soon!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kristina B
Asheville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great coffee and amazing desserts!”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Great coffee and amazing desserts - the ginger-lime cookies are sublime and my latte was made just the way I like it! The desserts are all made right there in-house, and are well worth the calorie splurge!

Visited July 2013