“One person just ruined our visit.”

Biltmore Winery at Antler Hill Village
Ranked #16 of 195 things to do in Asheville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Visit our historic winery on Biltmore’s 8,000-acre estate nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Asheville, North Carolina. With your general admission Biltmore ticket, enjoy complimentary tastings of more than 20 of our handcrafted wines as our wine hosts take you on a journey through our reds, whites, and rosés. Linger at our wine bar where you can taste our reserve and sparkling wines by the glass along with delectable cheeses and locally-made truffles. Shop for your favorites and take home a taste of Biltmore. Interested in seeing our vineyards? Our exclusive "Vine to Wine Tour" combines an excursion over the river to our breathtaking vineyards on the west side of Biltmore—an area that most guests never see—with a walking production tour and wine tastings throughout the experience.
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I didn't like the first and only wine I tried. The server never asked if I'd like to try another. Our kids were with us (10 years old) for a family day at the estate and I had been told they could taste apple juice to play along with mom and dad. This would have gone a long way toward entertaining them and allowed us to better enjoy our experience. As it was, they were rudely asked to step aside, which ticked me off. There were other children with juice standing with their parents. I felt snubbed by Mr. Wine Snob the Server (older, tall, scowling man that offered no suggestions or background of the Biltmore wines). After an awkward amount of time waiting to be assisted, we simply walked away. I recommend hiring employees that are cordial and willing to serve. The lady in the gift shop was a sweetie, assisting us with directions to the parking lot. Waste of our time. Left wineless.

2  Thank luvourtwo

Reviewed 7 August 2014

If heading to the Biltmore, make sure to have extra time to do a tasting at the winery. You can tour and taste as much wine as you want for free. The tasting room is huge and runs very smoothly. The gift shop area has samples of food and drink that will keep younger ones busy for awhile. Kids are allowed on the winery tour which run like every 20 minutes. Make sure to grab a tour time when you walk in the door. If you are a wine lover, I suggest you pay the extra money and try the reserve wines along with a cheese plate. Hint: We like to do the winery and stay for dinner the evening before we tour the Biltmore. As long as you enter after 4:30pm the night before you plan to use the entire day at the estate, you don't have to pay any extra.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I was visiting my sister and family in east TN and we decided to tour Biltmore and Antler Hill Winery. What a wonderful experience, enjoyed the house tour and the winery plus free wine tasting. Jim, our wine pourer was delightful, funny and very knowledgeable about the wines. They have a lovely gift shop too and many neat things to purchase. Since I live in CA it was interesting that they buy much of their grapes from CA. I wish we had a Biltmore wine distributor here in southern Cal.

1  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I love wine and winery stops...this was not as wonderful an experience as my Estate tour. They send you tot he tasting room, typically a line and a host brings you to the next available wine pourer. Thats nice and helpful. The gentleman waiting on me and two other couples didnt talk about the wines, what was grown where, if you wanted to do a certain type of tasting, how it all worked, etc. He was just there to make his hourly wage and treat people like cattle. It was sad because the two other couples really didnt know anything about wine and this could have been a great way to learn. Maybe it was just the gentleman I had and the other pourers are great. Im not sure but I know that I wont waste my time going there again. The tour is free and they let you keep trying wines until you stay stop. So, maybe he is just assuming everyone is there to get drunk?

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I am not a drinker however I took the opportunity to see and understand how wine is made. It was very interesting. For those that are interested they have free wine-tasting. That area seemed very busy. You can also purchase Biltmore wine at Antler Hill Village. This is located on the Biltmore Estate property.