“Not accomodating”

Asiana Grand Buffet
Ranked #240 of 804 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 25 June 2014

About a week after moving the Asheville I was trying to find somewhere to eat on my birthday. After spending Saturday enjoying the beauty of the Blue Ridge Parkway I tried going to Asiana for a free birthday meal I had just read about. On my way there I gave a call and found out they only honor this "deal" for lunch. I tried going back the next day for lunch but since it was the day after my birthday they would not honor again. I tried explaining to them I was new to town and had just heard of their offer. They would not budge so they lost a potential customer. I am a big fan of buffets and fortunately I found the Shogun Hibachi Grill about 10 minutes away. I have been to Shogun multiple times now and although some items are not always the best, its pretty good for a buffet and they have sushi and a grill to order section! Big thumbs down to Asiana.

1  Thank Gruntled G

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I visited this restaurant this past weekend. We chose it because of the good reviews. My high expectations were certainly destroyed.

Yes, there is a large selection but almost everything I tried was horrible.

I tried a dish labeled sesame chicken even though there were no sesame seeds to be seen. The very first bite was a mouthful of fat and gristle. DISGUSTING.

The honey chicken was okay. The general chicken was ick. Crystal shrimp was okay but the seafood delight was terrible. The fried scallops were fake, made of imitation crab, but they were okay dipped in some kind of sauce. The "hibachi steak" was good but I tasted only one single piece of steak in a big scoop. The rest was mushrooms. My whole first 2 plates were wasted because I found the food to be inedible.

On return to the buffets, I tried the steak kabobs and chicken on a stick. The steak kabobs were actually good but the chicken had a weird tasting sauce all over it.

To finish off this very disappointing meal, I tried some fruit. Amazingly enough, it wasn't. It was mushy, especially the grapefruit.

In all, I will never eat at this restaurant again.

At each booth, they have a sign rhapsodizing about how you shouldn't waste food because the money saved can go to feeding hungry people around the world. So I guess they're sending any money they save to those people. Right? I doubt it.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Asiana is absolutely the best Asian restaurant / buffet I've eaten at. The food selection on the buffet is outstanding and never seems to end. There are items that are there each time I visit, but there are a number of different items that make appearances on different days. I live some 2.5-3 hours away, so I can't get there nearly as often as I'd like. But every time I'm in Asheville or driving through, we stop and enjoy a meal. The food is always very warm - if not piping hot. I've never been disappointed - and I doubt you will either.

1  Thank H Warren C
Reviewed 16 March 2014

like other reviews say do not go after about two till about five when they let the lunch buffet die down to start feeding the dinner dishes in other than that i love this place! they have sushi and salads and all the standard fried goodness. i love that i can either come in and treat myself big time or walk out knowing that i made good decisions about what i ate. i have eaten here three times and enjoyed it each time. one detail that i would like to mention as a testament to their service is that i drink my tea half sweet half unsweet and the waiter didnt fill it up with one or the other but brought both pitchers to do it right :)

Reviewed 9 March 2014

When business is slower, the turnaround on the food is also slow. The choices that fall under their usual dinner selections are decreased as well. Some of their best menu items for dinner are nowhere to be found on the buffet, when business is slower. Go on the weekend or on busy nights, if you are going to go there. They say that they will give you a free meal on your birthday, but they will only honor that promise during lunch hours.

1  Thank Jeff L L