“Delightful - glad we came” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Maya - CLOSED

Casa Maya
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Casa Maya Mexican Restaurant located in North Asheville North Carolina brings you the best quality Mexican and Cuban cuisine at an affordable price. This Mexican and Cuban style concept comes from the owner's father and family. For 30 years the family have been using the same sauces and recipes to delight their patrons. Casa Maya Restaurant serves up a different Mexican and Cuban cuisine by using Ancho and Pasilla chilis in their sauces and cooking. The difference in chilies used adds a more flavorful Mexican style food than a hot spicy one. Come join us for lunch or dinner!. Casa Maya has a great dining room and new business meetings room for events, and a bar area with televisions, plenty of parking and located off Merrimon Ave by UNC Asheville campus
Weaverville, North Carolina
“Delightful - glad we came”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

My wife and I ate at Casa Maya this evening (09/14/2013) and found the whole experience delightful. The food was delicious, the ambiance clean and comfortable, and the staff was determined to please.

We ordered from the Cuban menu both dishes were muy bueno. I had the Churasco Maya and my wife the Picadillo a la Cubana.

It is nice to have a new restaurant in the Asheville area with some unique ethnic food and not the usual Tex-Mex, Taco, Vegan and standard fare eateries found everywhere; this one is different and a keeper for us.

• Visited September 2013

maryland
“Loved this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

wanted to let people know that the food at Casa maya was wonderful, from the chips and salsa to the main course . people were friendly and it has a nice atmosphere. I would recommend this place to all. Our meals were the chicken burrito, pollo a la panlla ,vegetables, yucca con mojo and camerones al ajillo.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Asheville, North Carolina
“Nice surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

We saw a "YouGetWeGive" coupon and that always motivates us to try new restaurants. Since we eat primarily vegan this can sometimes be a challenge. But we were up for something flavorful last night so we gave it a try. What a pleasant surprise! We went with another (non-vegan) couple who was from Florida so they know Cuban food. We all thought it was some of the best Mexican and Cuban food in Asheville. I ate the veggie fajitas and they were delish! Not the usual lackluster green peppers and onions but a huge serving of just right still crunchy broccoli, cauliflower, squash, carrots and onions. Came out really sizzling with great fresh guacamole. Since I wanted to taste the mole (my only disappointment) I asked for a "taster" cup on the side. Our delightful waitress brought me a very generous serving which we all tasted at no charge. The serve was prompt and attentive and our waitress.was helpful and delightful. All of us agreed we'd definitely go back.

Asheville
“Ignore the Mexican, order Cuban”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

We've been here three times in the last month and what we've quickly learned is that this restaurant lacks a focus, but there are some hidden gems on the menus. First, the confusing name - Casa Maya. Don't expect to see any Yucatecan dishes on the menu. There are two menus, one is Mexican fare which is pretty straight up and uninspired. As other reviewers have said, there is better in Asheville (although the Puerco Guisado is pretty good). The Cuban menu is much better done in my opinion - excellent fried pork, the picadillo is decent and the bread is reasonably good for a Cuban restaurant in N. Carolina.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Asheville, North Carolina
“Taco Salad Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Wait staff was prompt and attentive. Premises clean and comfortable.

I had the taco salad, which the server warned me would not have the ubiquitous fried flour tortilla bowl. Read: healthier. I was
pleased to see no iceberg lettuce on my plate. A nice mix of
fresh greens on top of the bed
of legumes, Pleasant seasonings And grilled chicken. It was topped with tortilla chips which were
also served in a bowl with salsa. The chips were good and I didn't notice any lard. They were thin, crisp, fresh and tasty.

Casa Maya is a welcome addition to North Asheville.

• Visited July 2013