“Intentionally waited awhile to write a review so I could consider all!!”
Review of IL Paradiso Steak & Chop House - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
IL Paradiso Steak & Chop House
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Was there with a group of 34. We had reservations so they should have been expecting us and prepared for us. I ordered a well done steak and when they brought it to me it looked ok until I cut into it and it CRUNCHED!! I think they had pushed it aside while they cooked the others and forgot about it. They had turned the side that looked like it had been on fire down. (Hoping I wouldn't notice??) Which I thought was inexcuseable!! Sides were very bland , garlic mashed potatoes seemed to be missing the garlic, herbed mushrooms seemed to lack the herbs, etc. Very blah!! I finally got a steak that was about a medium so I ate it and shut up because I figured that would be the best I could do. Some members of our party were served their steaks but no sides, some were still waitning LONG after the others had done eating. Service was very iffy and our waitress finally just disappeared!! No more tea for you!! LOL We ended up being there about 3 hours for a meal that at most should have taken half that time. I see they have some good reviews so take your chances if you will. They are very expensive and with all the great restaurants right there in Asheville I would skip on up the hill !!

Reviewed 18 April 2012

The food here is very good and the service was excellent. The place is located in the same building as the Sheraton but when we were there it was not busy. I had the strip steak and the wife had Salmon. Both were cooked just right and very good. The only thing I can say that was negative would be that the sides are ala carte and ala Ruth Chris Family style. Now it's been a few years since I was to a Ruth Chris Steakhouse but I do remember that when you ordered a family style ala carte side it was usually more than enough for 2. Thinking this, we ordered a salad and a baked potato. Well, the salad was fit for 1 and the potato the same. Perhaps they shoud just jack up the price of the steak and salmon by 5 bucks or so and include them with the meal. The drinks were very good but for $6.25 (Burbon and soda) they ought to be. I would go here again but I'd order my own sides.

Reviewed 10 January 2007

Do not miss it! Close to the Grove Park Inn.

2  Thank bruco44