“Inventive, Wonderful Food and Menu”
Review of Zambra

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Haywood Street
Description: Our dynamic menu is the passion of Executive Chef Adam. Adam has attained many influences through his training in Europe and New Orleans. Zambra is his modern vision of the tastes and flavors of the western Mediterranean: Spain, Portugal, Gypsy, and North Africa. As an appropriate accompaniment, we have assembled the region's finest selection of Spanish and New World wines. We have been awarded the Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence and our wine list has been voted the best in Asheville.
Pompton Plains, New Jersey
“Inventive, Wonderful Food and Menu”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

So many great choices, fair prices, and excellent drinks! This place is so good we went twice. The atmosphere is ecletic and the food combinations were terrific. If you have any adventure at all when it comes to eating, then this is the place for you.

We love tapas, and the staff encourages you to take your time and order as you like...so drink a little, eat a little, drink some more, order some more great food!

Visited August 2014

Columbia, SC
“Fun dining!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was my first visit to any tapas restaurant and it was an excellent choice! The Kask-away cocktail was so unique and refreshing! I ordered the eggplant dish and the rosemary-garlic sausage along with the pan rustico (the herb infused olive oil was to die for!!!) I thoroughly enjoyed the combination of herbs, vegetables and spices in all the dishes! The atmosphere is great - dimly lit for ambience and so comfortable. Our server was excellent! I look forward to another visit!

• Visited August 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Wonderful place if your not famished”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This is my second visit. My first time was with my wife on a romantic weekend get away. This time we brought our two teenagers after a political rally. Food was exceptional. Well prepared and presented. We demolished the first 4 plates as soon as they touched the table. The duck confit gumbo was remarkable. When the next 3 plates were cleaned in the same amount of time we decide (for the sake of my wallet) to turn the evening into a progressive dinner and walk to another eatery for the main course. Really, it was my bad for taking two teenagers for tapas. Kind of like taking them out form sushi. For a date night however, you can't go wrong here.

Williamsburg, Virginia
“A burst of great flavors”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We had just arrived in Asheville and love tapas so we decided to try Zambra. I loved the atmosphere very sultry, quiet and dimly lit. The menu had many variations of tapas to choose. Our waitress was extremely helpful and very sweet. We ordered various dishes and each one had a burst of different flavorful spices which complimented each other beautifully . I enjoyed the food here so much I thanked the two young people who were the chefs that evening. I was told they went to culinary schools,what they learned did not go to waste, the food was superb. Great all around experience!

• Visited July 2014
Columbus
“Food Adventure”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I dined her based on the recommendation of the inn keeper where we were staying. We tried 6 different tapas and all of them were delicious. Our waitress was very knowledgeable and recommended the quail and waffles for desserts. It was awesome, the sweet maple vinaigrette over the fried quail and homemade waffle was the perfect amount of sweetness. Also be sure to try the Jesus built my hotrod drink.