“Excellent Sushi and Good Value”
Review of Heiwa Shokudo

Heiwa Shokudo
Ranked #336 of 793 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Downtown Asheville
Greenville, South Carolina
“Excellent Sushi and Good Value”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I've been to Japan 15 times and eaten at many Japanese restaurants in Japan and US. This is among the best. I had the large Sashimi special which was fresh and had a large variety. There was a lot of fish for the money. I had the 1/2 portion of Kitune Udon which was authentic and large for a 1/2 portion. I skipped the Japanese beer and had the $2.50 PBR instead. Other reviews complained about the service but my service was good. I will go again.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Brian D

Asheville, North Carolina
“Only authentic sushi in Asheville”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Title says it all. Me and my husband moved to Asheville from a city where we were used to eating top notch sushi and Heiwa is our go-to. Forget Wasabi, if you want fresh fish, this is the place for you. May not be up your alley if you like very americanized sushi on fancy plates but if you like the real deal then go to Heiwa. Plenty of vegan and cooked options but can't weigh in on those. Great service, nice outdoor patio and free parking for diners. Get there early or late for dinner if you want a seat during the weekend, the restaurant is small but has a loyal following.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank WNCF00die
Va
“Best Japanese noodle soups”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is one of our favorite places for lunch in Asheville and it's because of the wonderfully delicious noodle soups. My husband always gets the Executive and I always order the Medicine Man udon soup. Fantastic flavors, awesome broth. Service can be hit of miss. We had a pleasant server on Friday. We look forward to our next visit to the area so we may enjoy a meal here again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank JediTraveller
Manchester, United Kingdom
“2.5 Good Food but TeRrIble Service”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I rounded down rather than up because the poor service really does put a damper to the experience. The food is good, but as others have said many of the servers are quite rude. We have be unlucky enough to get one server in particular who was very rude everytime we went in! The worst was her refusal to serve us at 9:10pm because "we close at 9:30.... it takes time to read the menu" .... We tried to give it a few shots because the sushi was good, but I have to agree with the lot. TERRIBLE SERVICE. (The owner seemed nice, I have a sad feeling he doesn't realize his crew might be hurting his business)

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Oliver T
Asheville, North Carolina
“Poki Perfect”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The tuna poki at Heiwa is something I can't get enough of. The perfect salty vinegar mix with fresh advocado, red onion, and tomato with sushi grade tuna makes my mouth water every time. The staff are passionate about the food and the intimate setting makes for the perfect Asheville experience.

• Visited February 2014