“YUM!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown Asheville
“YUM!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Great southern food with local products, good service and price...and no wait as we went at 5pm. I had breakfast with grit cakes, country ham and fried green tomatoes that soothed my soul. A local shop merchant recommended Early Girl and he was right on.

Weaverville, North Carolina
“Asheville favorite for more southern style home cooking.”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Went for my birthday dinner and had a lovely evening. The place seems uninviting when you come in the door however in the rear is a large bright dining room with lots of windows. Loved the fried green tomato Napoleon with goat cheese on grits. My fried chicken was wonderful my husband found his fried catfish a little too crispy. The desserts look homemade and yummy but we didn't have room to try any. Will definitely be going back. I got a bag of their stoneground grits for my birthday present.

Alabama
“Great!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Popped into Early Girl for a late lunch (1 p.m.) on a weekday. Had about a 20-minute wait, but it was worth it.

Wife and I had Pecan Encrusted Trout, one of our sons had meatloaf and the other had a burger. Food was first rate. Had the broccoli/cheese hush puppies with apple butter for an appetizer ... sounds weird, but trust me, it works ... and some to-die-for carrot cake for dessert.

Service was friendly and fast, atmosphere was loose and laid back. Some locals had told me that between Tupelo Honey and Early Girl, there was no question, we should pick Early Girl, and they certainly were right!

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Don't miss this place !”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We recently had lunch here however the great thing is that they serve breakfast all day ! I had the Early Girl Benny and it was delish ! It was definitely one of those places where everything on the menu looks amazing and its so hard to decide ! Make sure to go early because it gets busy !

Jonesborough, Tennessee, United States
“Great Little Restaurant”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This restaurant may be small, but the menu is packed with a large selection. Early Girl is really onto the concept of simplicity and environment-friendly.
Choosing from vegan/vegetarian items on this menu is harder than most restaurants that have a small section just to make us vegetarians not feel left out. From sandwiches to soups, salads or potaoes, they have it all...even grilled cheese for my sweetie.
Be sure to get a T-shirt on your way out.

Visited October 2013