“Locally sourced fare makes for delicious dining”
Review of Early Girl Eatery

Early Girl Eatery
Reserve with OpenTable
Early Girl Eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 829 Restaurants in Asheville
Price range: US$1 - US$12
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown Asheville
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I like this restaurant for many reasons, but especially because their meats, vegetables, fruit, honey, you name it, is supplied by local farms, many of them organic. My partner and I enjoyed three delicious breakfasts here, with my favorite being the scrambled eggs with sweet potatoes and bacon - it was incredibly flavorful. My partner really enjoyed the tofu scramble. Other days we had eggs with hash browns, which varied in quality depending on the day. The dining area is painted in pastels, with blue trimmed windows, and it is very pretty and cheerful. Wait staff is fantastic. They don't rush you, and answer all questions with a smile. Early Girl opens late on Sunday, at 10:00 a.m., and the line is long, but if you get there at 9:45 a.m., you should be able to get in for the first seating. It's tough walking by the line of home-made cakes without taking a slice to go!! The carrot cake is wonderful! They offer carryout as well for lunch and dinner. Very reasonable prices here.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,864)

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stopped in on arriving in Asheville for a day of shopping. Short wait to be seated just before noon. Pleasantly surprised to find that the seating area was bright and sunny, overlooking a park. Local art was displayed on the walls and available for purchase. Our server was very friendly and attentive. Our party of four included one vegan and two vegetarians, and everyone had a great meal. Tofu scramble was delicious with fresh vegetables and (vegan) rye toast. Biscuits with vegetarian gravy and banana bread were also highlights. Wonderful Southern comfort food. Would definitely go back again.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed a fabulous dinner including a apple walnut salad and a side of pancake-they serve breakfast all day. The apple butter the waitress have me for the pancake was fantastic, unlike any I've ever tasted or made. Would highly recommend this place but beware, their menu is extensive and it all sounds good!!

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I got the biscuit and gravy. I had to use a knife with force to cut the biscuit. My husband ordered fried egg over medium and it was very over easy. The place was hopping so was hoping for better.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Great southern food with local products, good service and price...and no wait as we went at 5pm. I had breakfast with grit cakes, country ham and fried green tomatoes that soothed my soul. A local shop merchant recommended Early Girl and he was right on.