“Delicious food and great service.”
Review of Yoshida Express

Yoshida Express
Ranked #599 of 781 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Cherokee, North Carolina
“Delicious food and great service.”
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying there is a new owner who has only been in place a few months. I used to frequent this restaurant about once a month but had quit going for a while just because my wife doesn't like going to the same place all the time and I thought about staying away after reading the reviews on here because it sounded like it had really went downhill. Well I'm glad I gave it another chance. It seems the new owner has cut ties with all the dead weight because EVERYONE was very friendly from the hostess to our waitress and the chef. The lobster tail I had with my meal was by far the biggest I have ever received at a Japanes steakhous. Give it a chance. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013

“would you like bugs with your meal?”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Well, I've not eaten here in a while. I used to go all the time, until a roach crawled up the wall right beside me.

Visited June 2011
Virginia
“Good fun, food ok”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Cook was great...Very entertaining. Food was just OK, but affordable. Good value for the money.

Visited April 2012
Swannanoa, North Carolina, United States
“The cashier hates her job”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

You order up front and pick up your food when your number is called. They have a tip jar but with the attitude of the cashier being as it always is we never tip. You can tell she is extremely unhappy about something, never a smile, a thank you, nothing but rudeness. As for the food, it is alright. Asaka on Biltmore Ave is much better and cheaper, and the staff there are always nice, always. Take your chances with this one!

Visited February 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great food but the place itself looks like a dump.”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

On my first visit to Yoshida's, I was very surprised by the appearance of the interior of the building. It is very run down and shabby looking. That said, the place was packed and we had to wait to be seated.

The food was great. We had huge portions, which I like, and a variety of sauces to supplement the food.

I also visited another hibachi restaurant in Asheville and noticed they added huge blobs of butter to every single thing they cooked. I didn't notice that so much at Yoshida's. Also, we got way more food here than the other place.

The atmosphere isn't anything to write home about but the food was good.

• Visited January 2012